Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,564
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,564
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The editors must be impressed with Mashle author to serialize him with zero background, or he is a veteran with a new name like Mammo said
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,564
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dunno if it's still sexual assault or whatever, but this is girl is clearly not okay with whatever is going on there.
When you have a zombie/undead with a blade stuck in his head hughing you, you're supposed to look scared kkkk
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
New Weekly Shonen Jump series clean preview!!!

The zombie dude is obviously the girl’s Stand :cheez

I admit Undead Unlucky has me intrigued, Mashle as well just from this tiny preview
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@101nemesis

I think Spy X Family is not the type of series that can get more popular thanks to an anime or something like that, like it probably already peaked (Or is near its peak in terms of sales per volume) thanks to word of mouth, so an adaptation wouldn't really boost it that much, but maybe I'm wrong.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,564
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@101nemesis

I think Spy X Family is not the type of series that can get more popular thanks to an anime or something like that, like it probably already peaked (Or is near its peak in terms of sales per volume) thanks to word of mouth, so an adaptation wouldn't really boost it that much, but maybe I'm wrong.
I dont think this is the peak at all, theres a lot of room to grow with a anime but i get what you're saying, these series that explode in popularity in the first volumes have a tendency of not growing much more with a anime
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I see the design for the heroine of Witch Guardian has been redone to appear considerably more unsettling. Given the plot summary...I can see why that change has been made.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I dunno if it's still sexual assault or whatever, but this is girl is clearly not okay with whatever is going on there.
didnt she kissed him in the one-shot? so the feelings are still mutual. its just a way to make her cute.

If chainsawman wasnt in wsj, i doubt this one wouldve got a pass.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
didnt she kissed him in the one-shot? so the feelings are still mutual. its just a way to make her cute.

If chainsawman wasnt in wsj, i doubt this one wouldve got a pass.
How does her being a victim of sexual assault make her cute?
I've kept quiet on this subject because Japan's backwards treatment of sexual assault as a joke is really nothing new, especially not in WSJ (I mean, Dragon Ball let this happen to Bulma all the time early on). Not defending it, but it's not especially surprising so I see no need for this surprised outrage we're seeing.
However, this argument of defense here is a real low.
Also, what does this even remotely have to do with Chainsaw Man?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I dunno if it's still sexual assault or whatever, but this is girl is clearly not okay with whatever is going on there.
While I’m also against the whole “sexual assault” in the one shot, in this preview images it seems like she’s scared simply because there’s a zombie hovering over her and nothing more
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
While I’m also against the whole “sexual assault” in the one shot, in this preview images it seems like she’s scared simply because there’s a zombie hovering over her and nothing more
He's still grabbing her breasts. There's just preview text over his hands and her chest area.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
How does her being a victim of sexual assault make her cute?
I've kept quiet on this subject because Japan's backwards treatment of sexual assault as a joke is really nothing new, especially not in WSJ (I mean, Dragon Ball let this happen to Bulma all the time early on). Not defending it, but it's not especially surprising so I see no need for this surprised outrage we're seeing.
However, this argument of defense here is a real low.
Also, what does this even remotely have to do with Chainsaw Man?
While I've made it clear I'm not defending sexual assault, I think it's a bit hollow to try and make judgement when we only have untranslated raws. We're easily missing half the context.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
While I've made it clear I'm not defending sexual assault, I think it's a bit hollow to try and make judgement when we only have untranslated raws. We're easily missing half the context.
I mean, is he not grabbing her breasts while she makes a shocked unconsenting look? This is a visual medium, what we're seeing in the images is likely what is actually happening.
All I'm saying is this shit isn't new to Jump, not that it isn't a clear depiction of sexual assault.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I mean, is he not grabbing her breasts while she makes a shocked unconsenting look? This is a visual medium, what we're seeing in the images is likely what is actually happening.
All I'm saying is this shit isn't new to Jump, not that it isn't a clear depiction of sexual assault.
I mean, yes, but the indication I get from the visuals is Zombieman doesn't understand that it's wrong. You can complain about that being a dumb joke, but it's not sexual assault.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top