Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
I'm reading One Piece, BnHA, BC, JJK, Chainsaw man, promised Neverland, KnY, Mitama and Dr Stone. These are ones that I read immediately when new chapters are up. I plan on catching up with Act-Age soon, and I also read the new series (Except for Yozakura and Samurai 8) but I'm not usually in a hurry to read them
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Reading: Haikyu!!. My Hero Academia, One Piece, Kimetsu no Yaiba, The Promised Neverland, Dr.Stone, Yuuna, Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, Act-Age, Black Clover, Hunter x Hunter

Plan to read: We Never Learn, Mitama

Dropped: Samurai 8, ZIPMAN, Yozakura, Agravity Boys, Guardian of the Witch, Undead Unluck, Mashle
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
I accidentally voted yes. I don't read Yunna or Agravity (but I forgot about those completely) and dropped samurai 8 ages ago.

I read everything else though
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I currently read zero series in WSJ aside from the two chapters of Mashle I read. I do hope it sticks around. The potential it has as a gag series in a wizarding world is endless.
???????? You don't read any? Not one?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Reading: Kimetsu, One Piece, My Hero Academia, Mashle, Witch Guardian, Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, Black Clover, Mitama, The Promised Neverland

Used to read and may pick back up after it ends: Yuuna, Haikyuu, Act-Age,

Dropped: Dr. Stone, We Never Learn, Undead x Unfuck, Agravity Boys, Yozakura, Samurai 8, Zipman,
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reading: One Piece, MHA, Zipman!, Yozakura, Undead Unluck, Mashle, Agravity Boys, Guardian of the Witch, HxH

On Hold: Haikyuu!!, TPN, Act-Age, KnY, Dr. Stone,

Don't Read:
BC, WnL, Yuuna, Sam8, Mitama,

Plan to Read: Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Boku no Hero Academia, Dr. Stone, Act-Age, Haikyuu, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Black Clover, Chainsaw-man, Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna

On Hold: Yakusoku no Neverland

However I only read the Jump series when I know it will not be canceled, I expect the series to have more than 50 chapters to start reading they, for example I started reading Chainsaw-man in January only, and Jujutsu Kaisen in December
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
However I only read the Jump series when I know it will not be canceled, I expect the series to have more than 50 chapters to start reading they, for example I started reading Chainsaw-man in January only, and Jujutsu Kaisen in December
Hn, I see a lot of people give that reasoning, and it makes me wonder, is it the lack of security that contributes to a series failing to survive? Certainly seems that way to me.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Hn, I see a lot of people give that reasoning, and it makes me wonder, is it the lack of security that contributes to a series failing to survive? Certainly seems that way to me.
that's how Jump has always been though and it results in things that truly stick out to stick around.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
i read everything but yuuna, wnl, haikyuu, samurai 8 and agravity boys
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hn, I see a lot of people give that reasoning, and it makes me wonder, is it the lack of security that contributes to a series failing to survive? Certainly seems that way to me.
Partially, sure. For instance, I only just started reading Mitama two days ago, and I'm not sure I want to keep reading, given recent developments.

I've been burned too many times in the past.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
that's how Jump has always been though and it results in things that truly stick out to stick around.
I wonder, then, does that make the process of watching a series over weeks pointless? In reality, can we determine everything based on Chapter 1? It's something to think about...
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder, then, does that make the process of watching a series over weeks pointless? In reality, can we determine everything based on Chapter 1? It's something to think about...
Do you mean, watching progress after the first ToC rating/first volume sales?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,727
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Here my list of what I read from Weekly Shonen Jump, every week in that order.

Reading: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Haikyu!!, Dr. Stone, Act-Age, My Hero Academia, The Promised Neverland, Jujutsu Kaisen, We Never Learn, Chainsaw Man, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san.

Dropped: Black Clover, Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru, Mission: Yozakura Family and Mitama Secureity.

Plan to read: ZIPMAN!!, Agravity Boys, Undead Unluck, Mashle and Guardian Of The Witch.

In "Plan to read" are all new series becouse I always wait until they reach 10 chapters and then I read all of them together. I only read new series from chapter 1 when I know their authors from another Mangas.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
I dont read Haikyuu, Black Clover, Dr. Stone, Neverland and Samurai 8
Ive put MHA and Yuuna on hold, while I’m catching up with Jujutsu
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top