Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

LolipopBerry

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
15
Age
31
Country
Oracion Seis
Oh do you know any other manga where people can't use magic and decide to become warriors ?
I'm not talking about magic, but the fact that it's a bad plagiarism of Black clover
Mx0 says hi, don't forget about me. I'm exist first before BC. I'm enroll in a magic school where everyone can use magic but myself. But, I can cancelled out their magic with my 0(zero) card. Did my ability sounds familiar with some new-and-never-have-been-done-before-MC-ability WSJ series?
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
It's kinda weird that no BLEACH character reached 10,000 votes, but I guess that happens when you have soooooooo many characters, votes get divided.
Let's see how the voting poll for KnY changes this, any predictions?
Would have thought at least Hitsugaya would be in there somewhere
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Mx0 says hi, don't forget about me. I'm exist first before BC. I'm enroll in a magic school where everyone can use magic but myself. But, I can cancelled out their magic with my 0(zero) card. Did my ability sounds familiar with some new-and-never-have-been-done-before-MC-ability WSJ series?
I mean, even that wasn't new. To aru majutsu no Index basically did the same thing all the way back in 2004, and there's probably something else that did it even before.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Reborn's reader actually liked Tsuna? That's surprising
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
I'm certainly the biggest Reborn fan in this thread (my nickname that i use everywhere for almost 10 years is because of it and Reborn is my favorite char ever), it's a bit complicated, the final arc wasn't really good but be sure, wasn't any Souma, Gantz or maybe Bleach level of bad, it was just underwhelming and the end was quite the "open" ending.

For the series as a whole, the first volumes are basically a gag series to introduce all the main and overall characters you will follow the entire manga, they ARE important to read/watch, if you skip this comedy part you will not be so familiar with these characters and they will not be as charismatic they should be, but yeah, isn't the best part of it but when the battle shounen part start, it's REALLY good, the best part of Reborn from start to finish is the characters interactions, the creative powers and good fights, isn't the best series ever, it has problems and Tsuna can be in fact annoying (Imagine the Deku from the beginning but in a whole series), but the entire cast of characters, their personalities, Tsuna interactions between Vongola family and specially Reborn is what makes this series something special.

I would really advise to pick the anime, isn't only a really great adaptation but even have extra arcs writen by Amano only for the anime that are really good, also the first gag arcs are much better in the anime.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
Shouldnt take MAL too seriously (to begin with tbh). Hell, Soma still has like an 8+ rating even after the manga ended despite having one of the worst final arcs. People just don't update their scores.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shouldnt take MAL too seriously (to begin with tbh). Hell, Soma still has like an 8+ rating even after the manga ended despite having one of the worst final arcs. People just don't update their scores.
They do, specially when a series ended, Souma score already dropped a lot from what it was before, but the thing is, if you exclude the last arc, the rest of the series still easily a 8. Nanatsu for example is almost under 8.0 when it was really high before.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
Probably the most painful reading experience I've endured.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
They do, specially when a series ended, Souma score already dropped a lot from what it was before, but the thing is, if you exclude the last arc, the rest of the series still easily a 8. Nanatsu for example is almost under 8.0 when it was really high before.
But if you look at the summary stats majority of the people still have it on reading rather than completed...
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I'm certainly the biggest Reborn fan in this thread (my nickname that i use everywhere for almost 10 years is because of it and Reborn is my favorite char ever), it's a bit complicated, the final arc wasn't really good but be sure, wasn't any Souma, Gantz or maybe Bleach level of bad, it was just underwhelming and the end was quite the "open" ending.

For the series as a whole, the first volumes are basically a gag series to introduce all the main and overall characters you will follow the entire manga, they ARE important to read/watch, if you skip this comedy part you will not be so familiar with these characters and they will not be as charismatic they should be, but yeah, isn't the best part of it but when the battle shounen part start, it's REALLY good, the best part of Reborn from start to finish is the characters interactions, the creative powers and good fights, isn't the best series ever, it has problems and Tsuna can be in fact annoying (Imagine the Deku from the beginning but in a whole series), but the entire cast of characters, their personalities, Tsuna interactions between Vongola family and specially Reborn is what makes this series something special.

I would really advise to pick the anime, isn't only a really great adaptation but even have extra arcs writen by Amano only for the anime that are really good, also the first gag arcs are much better in the anime.
Oh, thank you! I might watch the anime now.


Probably the most painful reading experience I've endured.
How come? Please elaborate.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But if you look at the summary stats majority of the people still have it on reading rather than completed...
If many still have it on reading maybe is because they didn't completed yet, some people don't even put series in the "on hold" when they're giving a time from it, also interesting to note that there are the 3 GIGA chapters that here in Brazil for example, the last one isn't even translated by the Manga Editor, i had to read in english in order to finish.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
How come?
The series embodies everything I dislike in a battle manga. The characters are paper-thin and never develop, the arcs are scatterdash and have little to no impact (an arc which lasts over 100 chapters ends with the characters lives no different), the fights are style over substance, the story is non-existent, and the manga ends with the writer deliberately going out of the way to have no real payoff of any kind. The only things the series has are the art and "cool factor".
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I was waiting for Valentine's Day, but as I have nothing to do, tell me your 5 favorite couples from Shonen jump.
Mine are:

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto)
Zenitsu and Nezuko (Kimetsu no yaiba)
Goku and TiTi (Dragon ball)
Taijou and Mutsune (Yozakura Family)
Denji and Power (chainsaw man)

Honorable mention for;
Shikamaru and Temari (Naruto)
Vegeta and Bulma (Dragon ball)
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
I was waiting for Valentine's Day, but as I have nothing to do, tell me your 5 favorite couples from Shonen jump.
Mine are:

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto)
Zenitsu and Nezuko (Kimetsu no yaiba)
Goku and TiTi (Dragon ball)
Taijou and Mutsune (Yozakura Family)
Denji and Power (chainsaw man)

Honorable mention for;
Shikamaru and Temari (Naruto)
Vegeta and Bulma (Dragon ball)
Kei and Food (Act-Age)
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
Reborn isn't that bad, but I wouldn't say it was worth 400 chapters, at least in my opinion. Unless you really want to read an older battle shonen with tons of power-ups, I would pass. Art is pretty good and certainly has a charm to it, but not enough to recommend on alone. Character designs are pretty solid though. Tsuna is one of the worst shonen protags I've read, it's hard to really put into words how much I didn't like him. Which is a shame because I did like the supporting cast quite a bit, especially most of the Vongola guardians. Of course, if you're not Hibari or Mukuro you kinda get benched after the first few arcs which was a bit of a letdown. Villains were good at first, I like Mukuro and Xanxus, but I really don't like Byakuran or the antagonists from the last arc. I absolutely loathed the 60-chapter gag arc at the start, but I suppose humor is subjective. Naito Longchamp anyone? It does pick up after that with the next two arcs, and I really did like the Varia arc. The future arc has a pretty good start but goes on far too long, to a point where it's almost unbearable. The next arc is ok, and the last arc I actually kinda liked, except for the final battle. Last two chapters basically spit in the face of the entire series beforehand, but I do understand what Amano was saying about Tsuna. No idea about the anime as I haven't seen it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh do you know any other manga where people can't use magic and decide to become warriors ?


Oh hey, The Vertical World got more confusing again. What are the odds.
k-k-keep chewing


Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
it's pretty Naruto-ish/Dragon Ball-ish journey
first part is pretty wholesome & harmless adventures and comedy
second part is more serious & has dragged out battles, which some people like and others find boring
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
what other series/authors the editor of samurai 8 have?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top