Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I was waiting for Valentine's Day, but as I have nothing to do, tell me your 5 favorite couples from Shonen jump.
Mine are:

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto)
Zenitsu and Nezuko (Kimetsu no yaiba)
Goku and TiTi (Dragon ball)
Taijou and Mutsune (Yozakura Family)
Denji and Power (chainsaw man)

Honorable mention for;
Shikamaru and Temari (Naruto)
Vegeta and Bulma (Dragon ball)
1-Yuno x Charmy
2-Ochako x Bakugou (unironically)
3-Tanjirou x Kanao (haven't seen such a cute couple for a while)
4-Minato x Kushina
5-Rukia x ichigo (yeah this hurt a lot)

More from what I remember:
-Yoh x Anna
-Kenshi x Kaoru

I don't know if I can treat them as a couple but I absolutely love Giyuu/Tanjirou.
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
1-Yuno x Charmy
2-Ochako x Bakugou (unironically)
3-Tanjirou x Kanao (haven't seen such a cute couple for a while)
4-Minato x Kushina
5-Rukia x ichigo (yeah this hurt a lot)

More from what I remember:
-Yoh x Anna
-Kenshi x Kaoru

I don't know if I can treat them as a couple but I absolutely love Giyuu/Tanjirou.
in chapter 199 that one panel of giyuu and tanjiro is just fujoshi breathing: first form even tho its meant to be wholesome lmaooo
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
in chapter 199 that one panel of giyuu and tanjiro is just fujoshi breathing: first form even tho its meant to be wholesome lmaooo
Ikr. That panel triggered a bunch of fan arts across twitter lol.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
East, Into The Night have some pretty great reviews on Amzon JP, wonder if Jump would reconsider the "digital only" releases and give it a paper release
I know it's because it's full colors but they have done this before with Eldlive

and speaking of "digital only" and full color manga
Romantic Killer first volume was released on paper but the second volume is a digital only, What's up with that???
iirc the first volume ranked ok on shoseki too, better than most Plus releases
the poor bastards that bought the paper release version of volume 1 will forever have an unfinished collection
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Pretty great? It nearly has a 5 star rating...
 

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
The series embodies everything I dislike in a battle manga. The characters are paper-thin and never develop, the arcs are scatterdash and have little to no impact (an arc which lasts over 100 chapters ends with the characters lives no different), the fights are style over substance, the story is non-existent, and the manga ends with the writer deliberately going out of the way to have no real payoff of any kind. The only things the series has are the art and "cool factor".
I have a question does the female characters get better because that's one of the main reason I dropped the anime
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I have a question does the female characters get better because that's one of the main reason I dropped the anime
Oh fuck no. Reborn's female characters are so comically terrible that you'd think it were satire.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was waiting for Valentine's Day, but as I have nothing to do, tell me your 5 favorite couples from Shonen jump.
Mine are:

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto)
Zenitsu and Nezuko (Kimetsu no yaiba)
Goku and TiTi (Dragon ball)
Taijou and Mutsune (Yozakura Family)
Denji and Power (chainsaw man)

Honorable mention for;
Shikamaru and Temari (Naruto)
Vegeta and Bulma (Dragon ball)
Denji and Power? What? They aren't a couple, like not even in subtext.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

+ Agravity currently
So this will be his first success.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia

I just found out that CBR is using the WSJ account as a source and I don't know if that speaks to the accounts professionalism, or CBR's lack of it.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India

I just found out that CBR is using the WSJ account as a source and I don't know if that speaks to the accounts professionalism, or CBR's lack of it.
A lot of smaller websites use twitter sources to write articles. Some other websites even mention Yonkou as a source in some of their articles and posts.

Again, the topic of being a responsible source of information becomes important because of things like this.
Lots of twitter personalities love to tease and post false information with unnecessary drama without understanding (or maybe they do which makes it worse) that there are a bunch of people looking at their tweets and sharing it elsewhere.
Luckily the WSJ fan account they've shared is reliable which is not something I can say about most other accounts out there.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I was waiting for Valentine's Day, but as I have nothing to do, tell me your 5 favorite couples from Shonen jump.
Mine are:

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto)
Zenitsu and Nezuko (Kimetsu no yaiba)
Goku and TiTi (Dragon ball)
Taijou and Mutsune (Yozakura Family)
Denji and Power (chainsaw man)

Honorable mention for;
Shikamaru and Temari (Naruto)
Vegeta and Bulma (Dragon ball)
Man, you’re a bit late on that one...

Pickings are honestly kind of slim here mainly because, well, most Shonen Jump manga ain’t exactly known for its romances. But it’s a real shame because romances can potentially be really fucking good if done right in a battle or sports manga. Since they aren’t the main focus, one can freely have their characters develop at a natural pace, get together, and have that relationship serve as a backbone to everything that’s happening around them. Maybe it can be something that the couple can fall back on, or maybe outside events or an internal change can dramatically test or shift said relationship.

Enough with the tangent, though.

Deku and Ochako - Honestly, they're a bunch of cute dorks. Sure, the ship’s real basic, but ya know what? I don’t care cause I like it. They’re cute together. And they help each other out. I know someone mentioned Kacchako, but all shipping wars aside, I can’t really see Bakugo’s attitude being attractive to everyone except maybe Kirishima.
Tanjiro and Kanao - Same reason as Deku and Ochako above. I’d love to see them interact more, since I’m anime only with Demon Slayer, but Episode 25 (or 26, the one where Tanjiro helped Kanao) our has peaked my interest. They’re cute together.
Naruto and Hinata - I’ll be forever grateful that this ship became canon over Naruto and Sakura. God, the salt is delicious. Hinata’s legitimately in love with the dude, none of that tsundere bullshit, and the two become better people when they’re together, which is crucial for a relationship IMO.
Nariyuki and Fumino - From the little Ive read of WNL, these two struck me as having the best chemistry with each other. I don’t think I’m not alone in this sentiment, considering how popular she is. Sure, many will point to Sensei, but honestly I feel as if it’s mainly due to Sensei’s assets, quirks, and the fact that she’s a teacher than anything else.
Turn and Launch - This is to mainly round out the list, though I also like them. I always found their relationship interesting, and I’m always gonna be salty that Toriyama literally forgot about one of them because of this. Launch was cool, and the fact that it was her bad side that strictly fell in love with Tien was something I found even cooler.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
About favorite couples, I would say:

Zenkichi x Medaka (Medaka Box)
Seto x Iori (I"s)
Fumino x Nariyuki (We Never Learn)
Chitoge x Raku (Nisekoi)
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So this will be his first success.
Higuma also did decently in the volume sales compared to many of the failures last year, so far he isn't doing a bad work as a complete newbie.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Oh do you know any other manga where people can't use magic and decide to become warriors ?
I'm not talking about magic, but the fact that it's a bad plagiarism of Black clover
The theme isn’t even new itself. A plethora of Light Novels have consistently abused this gimmick for years.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Two Things:

1) I was thinking why they have so many gag manga in the manga right now and I thought maybe it's cause they wanna contrast the serious/dark series with lighthearted gag ones.

2) If we do get a one shot these coming weeks who would you want to see one from?
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mashle author must be some kind of genius for blatantly using so many stuff from Harry Potter and people still only talk about MOB and Black Clover kkkk
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Mash

M - Mob
A - Asta (Black clover)
S - Saitama (One punch man)
H - Harry Potter
I had figured that out earlier, but what would the L and E represent?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top