Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
I've been saying for ages that overseas licensing for the anime has kept Boruto and Black Clover alive and yet there were still people guessing when either of the series would get cancelled because of low manga sales.
I'm looking forward to TV Tokyo's list in 2021 with Bleach returning. The battle between overseas streaming companies to get the rights will be a sight to behold. There's a big chance it could break Naruto's hold on the first spot.
I've been saying for ages that overseas licensing for the anime has kept Boruto and Black Clover alive and yet there were still people guessing when either of the series would get cancelled because of low manga sales.
Ahh, this argument.
We shall see how BC fares in WSJ by the end of next year or early 2022 - assuming it's manga sales keeps declining with every volume.
If it stabilizes where it is right now, then obviously it might become a different story.
If I wanted to watch action, I'd look at two action figures punching each other. The reason why we care about fights to begin with is because of the narrative and meaning behind them. If it didn't, it be, quote Raymond Chandler, "fiction born for psychopaths".
Ahh, this argument.
We shall see how BC fares in WSJ by the end of next year or early 2022 - assuming it's manga sales keeps declining with every volume.
If it stabilizes where it is right now, then obviously it might become a different story.
Can we stop curse an manga that has such an established mark on the battle shonen Demoghraph, I mean espcially not with an author that has health problems. I thought as black clover as n badly annoying lil brother that want attention but cant back it up with its positives.
But after certain arcs it kept growing and it shows teamwork, character that ya care and support, great relevant female leads, love and satire of the shonen battle demopgraph. Its handy to see or "know" that established series wont live that long but nobody can predict the future. The only thing I want is blessing and more black clover greatness and cant wait for the next color page and future events of this boming arc
Not likely. Nowadays streaming companies are on the production committee from early on to avoid this kind of thing and I believe Viz media still holds the licence for the anime so whatever system they had in place will most likely continue
Can we stop curse an manga that has such an established mark on the battle shonen Demoghraph, I mean espcially not with an author that has health problems. I thought as black clover as n badly annoying lil brother that want attention but cant back it up with its positives.
But after certain arcs it kept growing and it shows teamwork, character that ya care and support, great relevant female leads, love and satire of the shonen battle demopgraph. Its handy to see or "know" that established series wont live that long but nobody can predict the future. The only thing I want is blessing and more black clover greatness and cant wait for the next color page and future events of this boming arc
I've got zero problems with BC. If anything, I wish it grew in sales because it means Tabata gets more income. I've said this before numerous times.
I have a problem with people thinking it's just permanently safe because it's anime does alright. That's just extremely misleading when its average TOC placements and sales have been dropping.
Not likely. Nowadays streaming companies are on the production committee from early on to avoid this kind of thing and I believe Viz media still holds the licence for the anime so whatever system they had in place will most likely continue
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but when I said overseas, I'm including streaming companies besides the ones that translate in English. Like Chinese, French or German.
I have a problem with people thinking it's just permanently safe because it's anime does alright. That's just extremely misleading when its average TOC placements and sales have been dropping
Ahh, this argument.
We shall see how BC fares in WSJ by the end of next year or early 2022 - assuming it's manga sales keeps declining with every volume.
If it stabilizes where it is right now, then obviously it might become a different story.
Okay I can see why you guys dislike the black clover franchise but can you give it credit where credit is due. Considering how much money it’s making I am 100% sure it is not ending in 2022 unless that is where the manga want to end it. While it is not very well received in terms of quality the amount of popularity it has is crazy especially overseas. To top that off it still has pretty good sales right now and the anime is extremely popular overseas (meaning more money) I feel like the cancel argument is pretty dumb. Again I am not debating on quality as I can 100% see why people hate this series but I’m just saying don’t blindly hate it to the point of saying it will end soon when it is clearly not the case.
Bleach anime was far more popular than BC was and it was still cancelled.
Toriko's anime helped sell millions worth of merchandising and yet it was still cancelled.
Both of the above were a lot more important to WSJ as franchises.
Stating the franchise is in a protective bubble because of the anime is far more misleading than me saying "the anime is doing alright".
Okay I can see why you guys dislike the black clover franchise but can you give it credit where credit is due. Considering how much money it’s making I am 100% sure it is not ending in 2022 unless that is where the manga want to end it. While it is not very well received in terms of quality the amount of popularity it has is crazy especially overseas. To top that off it still has pretty good sales right now and the anime is extremely popular overseas (meaning more money) I feel like the cancel argument is pretty dumb. Again I am not debating on quality as I can 100% see why people hate this series but I’m just saying don’t blindly hate it to the point of saying it will end soon when it is clearly not the case.
As stated above, I have no feelings towards BC. Don't like it or hate it. People here seemed to like what BC has become over the years, so I only hope it does a lot better and survives longer so Tabata can end it when he wants.
But, there is a difference between being realistic and thinking a series is immune to being cancelled. BC as a manga in WSJ is already showing signs with its declining TOC average and its declining volume sales. You are welcome to go back to when Oricon started tracking sales (along with the comicvine site I provided yesterday for TOC placements) and study how irregular TOC fluctuations to finally being a bottom dweller coupled with consistently declining sales have led to the cancellation of many series.
We've probably reached a point where certain series will alternate between themselves in the bottom part of the ToC. Stuff like Agravity, Yozakura, Yuuna and Guardian have been switching positions for a while now, with a few other series like Act-Age and Chainsaw Man dropping there. Getting out of it might be a bit hard unless those series get some sort of boost.
I've been saying for ages that overseas licensing for the anime has kept Boruto and Black Clover alive and yet there were still people guessing when either of the series would get cancelled because of low manga sales.
I'm looking forward to TV Tokyo's list in 2021 with Bleach returning. The battle between overseas streaming companies to get the rights will be a sight to behold. There's a big chance it could break Naruto's hold on the first spot.
That depends on when Bleach will start airing. With the outbreak and many productions being delayed (and depending on which studio is taking care of the adaptation) there's a high possibility we might only see the new season after the middle of the year so it's uncertain whether that can have a considerable impact.
Okay I can see why you guys dislike the black clover franchise but can you give it credit where credit is due. Considering how much money it’s making I am 100% sure it is not ending in 2022 unless that is where the manga want to end it. While it is not very well received in terms of quality the amount of popularity it has is crazy especially overseas. To top that off it still has pretty good sales right now and the anime is extremely popular overseas (meaning more money) I feel like the cancel argument is pretty dumb. Again I am not debating on quality as I can 100% see why people hate this series but I’m just saying don’t blindly hate it to the point of saying it will end soon when it is clearly not the case.
Saying "how much money it's making" kinda bothers because we literally have no numbers, it's just statements. We don't know how much each of the top 5 series is making, Naruto and Boruto might be taking a large share of the profit and there's no way to know. Of course, by no means I'm saying Black Clover anime is fairing bad.
Bleach anime was far more popular than BC was and it was still cancelled.
Toriko's anime helped sell millions worth of merchandising and yet it was still cancelled.
Both of the above were a lot more important to WSJ as franchises.
Stating the franchise is in a protective bubble because of the anime is far more misleading than me saying "the anime is doing alright".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As stated above, I have no feelings towards BC. Don't like it or hate it. People here seemed to like what BC has become over the years, so I only hope it does a lot better and survives longer so Tabata can end it when he wants.
But, there is a difference between being realistic and thinking a series is immune to being cancelled. BC as a manga in WSJ is already showing signs with its declining TOC average and its declining volume sales. You are welcome to go back to when Oricon started tracking sales (along with the comicvine site I provided yesterday for TOC placements) and study how irregular TOC fluctuations to finally being a bottom dweller coupled with consistently declining sales have led to the cancellation of many series.
Both of those aired and ended before the streaming boom that started a couple of years ago. Toriko is also a Toei property so I have no idea why you're mentioning it.
To give you a perspective of how overseas streaming has improved the business for TV Tokyo, you should read their last year fiscal report.
It really is amazing what a manga can do.
He is already the third author to mention that Demon Slayer has increased readership. Gege Akitami, Oda and Yusuke Murata.
Hopefully this helps the new manga and new authors.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but when I said overseas, I'm including streaming companies besides the ones that translate in English. Like Chinese, French or German.
Have we learned if TV Tokyo is still involved or if the Aniplex rumors were true? I haven't really been paying attention to Bleach but if it is Aniplex not only would TV Tokyo not see anything anyway but with how Sony seems to be moving forward with Aniplex/Funimation/Anime Lab/Wakanim it would be fairly limited in who would be bidding for the show rather than just getting it because they're owned by Sony.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.