Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

SeileM

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
34
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Why are leaks one day earlier than usual?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Jovan

Please format your ToC post correctly once you read this response. Thanks.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I wonder if the recent stand against the police will affect this new series
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I loved Pochikuro! So happy she's coming back. Also, not sure if it was mentioned here yet but she's Sawai's (Bobobo) wife
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
I knew I remembered seeing it on here. Thanks to vinceled.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States
Do people here really think that CSM's plot progresses too fast without any room to breathe after we got four full chapters that completely spent their time exploring character relationships and their growth? I mean, that's hardly a new thing for the series.

Anyway, in terms of the spoilers, I imagine that it's the start of a larger saga (based on setup from two chapters ago). Going by previous arc lengths, I can see the series having at least 40-50 more chapters (assuming two more "major" arcs).
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A: When I'm doing a series is when I want to draw a oneshot and when I do a oneshot is when I want to do series... is what I realized once again. That's why that now that I'm currently serialized with "Chainsawman" I want to draw a oneshot (lol). To begin with I want to get the stories I think of out into the world as much as possible so, I want to draw a lot of works to compensate for my series not being that long.
Well, there it is. I'm a little disappointed, because I vastly prefer long running series. I just hope that his feelings have changed since that interview. Hopefully the series still has several years to go and I'm just feeling paranoid. It's not like Fujimoto couldn't extend it if he wanted.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Do people here really think that CSM's plot progresses too fast without any room to breathe after we got four full chapters that took most of their time exploring the character's relationships to each other and their growth? I mean, that's hardly a new thing for the series.

Anyway, in terms of the spoilers, I imagine that it's the start of a larger saga (based on setup from two chapters ago). Going by previous arc lengths, I can see the series having at least 40-50 more chapters (assuming two more "major" arcs).
Thats all CSM does tho. It gives very limited room. Other series give you mini arcs.
CSM not giving your room to breath is not a bad thing, didnt mean it as a bad thing. Keeps you on the edge of your seat, which is the reason why I love CSM. There is no downtime and keep things rolling.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Well, there it is. I'm a little disappointed, because I vastly prefer long running series. I just hope that his feelings have changed since that interview. Hopefully the series still has several years to go and I'm just feeling paranoid. It's not like Fujimoto couldn't extend it if he wanted.
max i see is 160 chapters. Which is short and sweet
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Haven't posted this here for a while but I guess it's nice to take a look at it now that major series have finished. My Hero Academia has been the most stable series (that is not One Piece and, well, Agravity Boys who's been in the bottom more often than any other series) for a while now, it seems it's taking The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba's recurrent placements at the top share of the ToC. Haikyuu!! and Dr. Stone have also been plaing high often and these three series take the lead behind One Piece. Mashle still has a nice average, despite lower placements when compared to those of some weeks ago. There's little to comment on the rest, most of the series have fluctuated or have been mainstays in the bottom and there are plenty of newbies whose averages can't be ranked properly yet.



 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if the recent stand against the police will affect this new series
It won't, Japanese people don't care about that and view it as an american problem judging by news and reactions I've seen.

Anyways I really hope Niraikanai has some actual core consistent ideas this time, Hungry Marie was an utter mess right from the start.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Well, there it is. I'm a little disappointed, because I vastly prefer long running series. I just hope that his feelings have changed since that interview. Hopefully the series still has several years to go and I'm just feeling paranoid. It's not like Fujimoto couldn't extend it if he wanted.
I am also on the 150 chapter bet.
We will likely get another arc after this current one, to wrap things up.
I also would prefer for CSM to hit 250ish chapters, but atleast we gonna get another fujimoto manga afterwards
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Haven't posted this here for a while but I guess it's nice to take a look at it now that major series have finished. My Hero Academia has been the most stable series (that is not One Piece and, well, Agravity Boys who's been in the bottom more often than any other series) for a while now, it seems it's taking The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba's recurrent placements at the top share of the ToC. Haikyuu!! and Dr. Stone have also been plaing high often and these three series take the lead behind One Piece. Mashle still has a nice average, despite lower placements when compared to those of some weeks ago. There's little to comment on the rest, most of the series have fluctuated or have been mainstays in the bottom and there are plenty of newbies whose averages can't be ranked properly yet.



sorry but what do the coloured squares represent
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
because I vastly prefer long running series.
Joke on you, not every thing has to be dragged on till 50 volumes and turned into bloated corpses.


Also based Fujimoto, serialised and ended them just because he felt like it. Not for profit, just pure artistic expression.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mashle's official Twitter account saying the first volume got instant reprints due to strong sales. They comment that they couldn't announce it earlier because they were waiting until the reprints were ready to be shipped out. They thank everyone for reading the series and that they'll be able to buy new volumes soon.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top