Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,598
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States

3. Haikyuu
6. JJK
8. Act age 12(Just thought I might as well share)
10. Chainsaw Man
65. We Never Learn
106. MASHLE
217. Yozakura
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Is that a good thing or bad thing? Not familiar with The Sun
...having been repeatedly accused of regularly falsifying information and having misleading headlines, as well as allegations of feing a perpetrator of the spread of fake news.
You tell me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But seriously, digging a criminal's internet history is hindsight as fuck. Everyone has their own dirty laundry.
 

ItsSamu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
651
Reaction score
2,890
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Max I think is one more 25 episode season
Would be very disappointing if they did that after adapting 232 chapters (excluding the 17 Riku vs Kuu chapters which ended up as OVAs) over 72 episodes already. With some number crunching, if they kept the same pace as they have they have (3.22 chapters/episode) it would be 47 episodes. S4 2nd cour will be 12, which leaves around 35 episode for the rest - if split by the timeskip that would be a pretty even 2 cours for Nationals and 1 cour for the final arc.

does pierrot have another long running team open for bleach? They already have Black Clover and Boruto onrunning
Black Clover is caught in fillers right now since the next arc is ongoing in the manga, and with the chapters only being 15~ pages I think they're going to have to put it on hold within a year or so.

Seeing how glacial/nothing happens in most Bleach chapters, you could fit like 5 chapters into an episode.
Bleach has always been like that yet the anime still averages 3 chapters per episode, sometimes 2 or 4.
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Ok guys, going more or less linked with that rank of enjoyability we did last week, I purpose you to do this.

We are in a new era, and the summer cover has more or less confirmed the 5 main manga of the magazine (the ones with anime and still in the magazine).

I want you to score the enjoyability you are having with these 5 manga from 1 to 10 and try to explain why (of course, avoiding spoilers).

I'll start.

One Piece: I'd put it 8 over 10. The current arc is on a rising progresion and there are being some very interesting developments. I don't give a higher rank because I expect more from the main characters and some chapters feel to me like little is happening.

My Hero Academia: 9.5 over 10. We are probably in the best arc the manga has had, and these are some major words after Stain and Kamino arcs. Everything is being epic so far, and in every chapter it looks like shit is going down in any moment. MHA is the manga that have me more hyped of the Shonen Jump. Now that all its direct competition is over, is time for MHA to recover back its spot as the main manga in the roster after OP and to shine like it is shining in this arc.

Black Clover: 7 over 10. Last 3 chapters have been 10/10, with very awesome and heartwarming moments. Until last 3 chapters I wished for things to progress quicker and with more fluidity. I wonder what is going to happen now.

Dr.Stone: 6 over 10. Dr.Stone feels odd to me, it looks like is going too fast and at the same time too slow. This current arc has been for me more boring than previous arcs like Stone Wars. Wondering what will happen now after last two chapters.

Jujutsu Kaisen: 9 over 10. The best manga in the entire roster together with MHA (and Chainsawman) for me. This arc is the epitome of craziness. And I'm loving all this chaos, and the behaviour of many characters. The main drawback for me is that the arc is starting to feel very long. Is also lol how for example the last chapter title was "The Shibuya Incident: Part 35"
 

Thaed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
135
Reaction score
132
Age
33
Country
France
Great Idea !

One Piece : 9.5/10. I've always been a huge fan of One Piece, and even if I found the current arc quite long to start, the current chapters are always a blast to me and I'm really enjoying them !

My Hero Academia : 8.5/10. I have some trouble to really get into the arc, maybe due to the action happening everywhere at the same time I'm not really getting into it. However the last 4 chapters have been great in my opinion, that's why I put a 8.5 instead of 8 which was the initial grade I was giving.

Black Clover: 7/10. Quite enjoyable, but I've never been a big fan of Black Clover, that's why I'm not putting a better grade as I have trouble to really car for what is happening in the chapters.

Dr. Stone: 9/10. Boichi's art makes every chapter really enjoyable to read and the current arc is really nice. I'm wondering what will happen in every chapter !

Jujutsu Kaisen : 8.5/10. I really enjoy the chapters every week, but sometime I have trouble to understand what is really happening, who is who etc.. The confusion is not that big that's why I am still able to really appreciate the chapters every week.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,598
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover is caught in fillers right now since the next arc is ongoing in the manga, and with the chapters only being 15~ pages I think they're going to have to put it on hold within a year or so.
Probably not going to happen, Yoshihara confirmed the current arc (supervised by Tabata) will go until ep 151 which is the end of the current season, is pratically a confirmation the series will get another 50+ eps renewal since the entire point of the arc is to show the 6 months and lead to the time skip results, so it wouldnt make sense to stop there and the series is a money maker for Tv Tokyo and Pierrot, they will not want to stop it for over a year.

In the end we dont even know if is Pierrot, there was some rumour it wouldnt be
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece: 10/10. It's my favourite manga in Jump right now, Wano is shaping up to be one of my favourite arcs, everything since the end of Act 2 was amazing to me. That's pretty unsurprising.

Boku no Hero: 8/10. Not really the biggest fan of the manga overall, but the current arc is pretty good, and coming of the focus on the villains which gave them some necessary depth. I still feel like it's kinda over the place at times, and I was starting to get kinda frustrated by the lack of the 1A. That's starting to change, though.

Black Clover: 4/10. I haven't been enjoying Black Clover for a while now. It's not that terrible, and the art and fight coreography is still great, maybe better than ever, but plot-wise and villain-wise it's pretty disappointing.

Dr. Stone: 7/10. Dr. Stone always is a mixed bag to me when the more "war-like" arcs gets going. There's still a lot of fun and creative stuff, but it gets tiresome to read at times.

I don't read Jujutsu.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I want you to score the enjoyability you are having with these 5 manga from 1 to 10 and try to explain why (of course, avoiding spoilers).
Eh, numeric is a shitty system to rate something unquantifiable like level of enjoyment.

One Piece: meh/10. Dressrosa was the lamer Alabasta, and it keeps going downhill from there.

My Hero: eck/10. Will never reach the same height as All Might vs AfO.

Black Clover: ehhh/10. Can't think of anything to say about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Dr. Stone: huh/10. Too many keikoki doru for its own good.

Jujutsu Kaisen: hmm/10. Too ambitious and unorthodox for its own good. Could be a chore to read or the most interesting stuff ever.

Act age has officially been remove from shonen jump japan series
The unperson has began.
Well, can't fault them for that tho.
not sure if related but I saw a tweet from an anituber declared to retroactively remove any act-age reference from his video. Pretty dumb move imo, but who am I to judge.
 

Melvo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
190
Country
Spain
I think it's a mistake to pretend Act-age never existed. I'm okay with it being canceled, but concerning the sales and what AA brought emotionally to the readers, it's still exists, don't you think? Let's not forget about all those great characters too quickly.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Honomieru Shounen was originally as a submission in 2016 Jump treasure award, with Tougo Gotou doing both the art and the story

in 2018 it was published again in GIGA but this time a guy named Kai Motohiro was doing the art

it was published yet again, later that year as submission for GFC but this time Kento Matsuura was doing the art



quite the journey, no wonder Tougo Gotou didn't serialize his other oneshot or his miniseries it won him 2 awards

imagine if jump yeet it out the window in u19 chapters
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Can anyone post what the value of the Oricon Act-Age is?
 

Reyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
455
Reaction score
474
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach has always been like that yet the anime still averages 3 chapters per episode, sometimes 2 or 4.
They have no manga to keep pace with anymore, no reason to really keep things slow anymore aside from going too fast ruining moments. No reason to go into year long filler arcs in a middle of a story. We aren't going to see Ichigo arrive back then sudden get an arc where those spirit vampires from past are back.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
They have no manga to keep pace with anymore, no reason to really keep things slow anymore aside from going too fast ruining moments. No reason to go into year long filler arcs in a middle of a story. We aren't going to see Ichigo arrive back then sudden get an arc where those spirit vampires from past are back.
Well, fans are hoping they will also adapt the novels which adds tons more to the lore and final arc. So, we will see how the studio does it. If it's going to be long running (most likely) and if it's Pierrot, I can see them trying to capitalize on that. Hardcore Bleach fans would definitely watch those novel bits being animated.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If it wasn't clear before with the section-wide notification, a new rule has been enacted.

It is now a requirement that all new volume cover posts be wrapped in spoiler tags, going forward. If you see a user not following this guideline in this thread or any of the other magazine threads, I ask that you all please report the offending posts. Thanks.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
They also removed the 3 act-age videos on Princess Iron Fan promo on shonenjump_official. Luckily, I have archived 2 out of 3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top