Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbolic Zero

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm impressed too about DGM, the average per volume is really high (near a million! OMG!! :worship2 )
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Shûeisha :
Kochi Kame #165 :


Naruto #47 :


Bleach #40


Eyeshield 21 #36


To Love #15


Sket Dance #09


Psyren #07


Nuraryon no Mago #06


Toriko #05


Baku-man #04


Neuro #23 (Fin) :
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko and Neuro's are my favorites this time.

I would've liked Naruto's more if he wasn't taking up the center of it.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

If the Neuro's tankoubon were release, that means the Manga Editors will finish it, finally! \o/

I'd like to see a composition with Mago's covers...
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I like KochiKame's I admit: it's simple, it's innocent but it works. Same goes for Neuro, perfectly conveying the end of that series.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I really like the Toriko, Mago, and Eyeshield covers. Naruto's is alright too. Ah, the end of Neuro. This should mean we finally get to read it.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It's Sunny.......finally *fanboy is pleased with Toriko's*
Mago's, Eyeshield's and even Naruto's are done amazingly as well.
Kochikame's just classic.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Kochikame, Sket Dance, Love Trouble (shut up Celine is awesome) and Neuro are the best covers this time around.

Toriko and Bakuman both underwhelm me for once
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I really like Naruto's and Mago's the best this time around.

But the Bleach (surprisingly) and Eyeshield ones are pretty cool too.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hello im new here but I wanted to say its a great service that is provided by scanning and translating WSJ manga. I like Bleach (actually im a huge fan) but I also like Naruto, One Piece, Bakuman, D Gray Man. I also have a question, In upcoming issues of Shonen Jump there is going to be a series of One Shots, does anyone scan and translate the one shots?, because I can never find them
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

So, new volumes for 2008 series are coming at once. I wonder how they going to do in the sales. Also, I didn't expect three Karas brothers are on Mago's new volume's cover. I expected Yosuzume.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Sweet! I'm so excited about them licensing Bakuman and Toriko.

I'm more excited about Bakuman though. Never thought they would get them this fast.

Now, if only they would hurry up and get Mago........though that one would probably be a graphic novel release only.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well serialization wont begin untill next year but this is exciting news.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well serialization wont begin untill next year but this is exciting news.
Yeah I figured that, but its still a hell of a lot faster than I thought they would get licensed.
 

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I never expect Toriko to be licensed so fast.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

About time we get new series in US Jump...Toriko's a bit of a surprise but it is the series they're trying to push, but Bakuman just felt confirmed the moment it started.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

^Heck yeach because its by the Death Note creators so of course it was going to instantly be a smash hit. And remember that Ultimo is being serialized in the magazine and that just started Serialization in Jump SQ this year.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Lotta these covers are pretty cool really. Naruto's has a nice affect, really. Bleach's looks cool, the way Ulquorria is colored and shaded...

Eyeshield's looks like the last one really. It's mostly just the main guy, Sena.

Sket Dance's in Psyrens look... the same?

Toriko's is nice, with Sani and all. He's got I guess, jewels or something. It's more like the style of the first two, with just characters.

Bakuman's I think looks good. I dunno how they're gonna keep this up, though. If they'll continue putting a character on each or what... Fukuda was drawn small on V3 and there are only a few other characters in all... So who could be on the next cover? Hattori I'd think, but he kinda isn't too important in the next 10 issues.

And Neuro's ending looks good for an ending cover.
 

Tru_TO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

how long do you people think Gintama will last for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top