Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Mago out of it makes me glad. I kinda predicted the hyakki yako would get mago out of it. Bokke (be that damned jojo and it should get at least double more chapters than asklepios) and psyren in the danger zone is making me sad. Nothing to worry.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Mago's finally out of the bottom five!! To bad Psyren's still there, it deserves better. As I expected, after dropping a couple of spots every week, Bokke bottomed out.

Now if only there were news about the cover of issue 15. I want to know if it will be D. Gray Man.

I mean they gave Asklepios more time, and that was a pretty unknown manga-ka.
ah, Asklepios only made it to chapter 19, you can't call that editors love. It's actually pretty pathetic. February was the first time cuts where it had enough chapters to end. In November, when it was already in the bottom five, it had less then a volumes worth of chapters.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
No worries at all. As soon as later bokke chapters (8 and 9) are going to be rated then it'll get a mago boost if you ask me. Later chapters (raw based since there's no translation and Edited Manga) really looked pretty good. Nishi will get more time given what he did with muhyo and Please end TLR: it's obvious people are sick of it given the low and low positions.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mago and Sket not in the bottom are good...on the other hand, it's sad to see Neuro back down there again...but they don't have much to go. As for To-Love...well usually when an established series is down there, Jump gives it time before they start putting the clamps down to end it so hopefully Yabuki and Hasemi know that their time may be up. As for ES21...well, luckily the final game is starting.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'd care more about Neuro if they hadn't already announced it's ending this year. I'm really hoping to open this thread next week and see Kuroko's taken it's rightful place in the basement, but maybe I'm wishing for to much.

No worries at all. As soon as later bokke chapters (8 and 9) are going to be rated then it'll get a mago boost if you ask me.
So long as something I like more (Psyren, Mago) isn't canceled in Bokke's place, I wish it all the best.
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I've already updated with the complete translation

Bottom five

◆EizHb38XPU :2009/02/23(月) 01:05:08 ID:H7DESB39O
小ネタ
・14ドベ5 とら、ぼっけ、ネウロ、PSY、21
・休OP
・15頭鰤巻 C灰、フープ
#14 (02/03) :

Eyeshield 21
Psyren
Nogami Neuro
Bokke-san
To Love
Jaguar

No Op this week.

#15 (09/03) :
Bleach (Cover & PC)

Colour: Hoop, D.gray-Man
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
As for ES21...well, luckily the final game is starting.
I do not agree with that... ES21's current bad ratings are because of its speed how such a tournament was handled. There wasn't any need for a tournament and people feel that way. I think when the final game against america will be rated then es21 will come back to its usual good ratings (last 2-4 chapters have been pretty good). A final and long awaited match. Their opponents are certainly cool and let's hope it won't be rushed

So long as something I like more (Psyren, Mago) isn't canceled in Bokke's place, I wish it all the best.
well I second to that for me: psyren > mago > bokke
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
well I second to that for me: psyren > mago > bokke
I'm hoping one of the new series is crap or one of the basketball series crash immediately, removing Bokke from danger.

How did Bleach get a cover over DGM!? Are they joking? There hasn't been a chapter since November and no cover since '07. This is hardly fair. At least more of Hoshino's awesome color pages are coming!
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think any need to be canceled. I think Bokke needs more time to get better, because Psyren wasn't anything great in it's 9th chapter, and Mago sure as hell wasn't good by the 9th chapter. I already find Bokke-san pretty intriguing, even if it's a bit confusing. The art itself deserves a higher spot then the bottom.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Of course there isn't going to be a cancel within the next weeks (well at least I hope so). Some manga and mangaka seem to get more credits than others. We can't speak for the new ones but two basketball manga is a bit too much. So my guess: hoop men won't get an audience
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I really think Hoop Men is going to be fodder for whoever they have waiting in the wings for the next serialization. My bets are on Naoshi, which I wouldn't mind any of the lower ranked series being canceled for some Naoshi story telling.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Gaaah, DGM's return and a new series starts but Bleach gets the cover...

*randomly kicks someone*

Seriously! :bored
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping one of the new series is crap or one of the basketball series crash immediately, removing Bokke from danger.

How did Bleach get a cover over DGM!? Are they joking? There hasn't been a chapter since November and no cover since '07. This is hardly fair. At least more of Hoshino's awesome color pages are coming!
hint: bleach is pimped. constantly.


also everyone run i'm afraid eni might go on a rampage over this.... i mean she just kicked someone and now they've been launched into space by her righteous annoyance :D
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Bleach is suppose to be going through the best part of the story, which is why it might be getting pimped.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Bleach needs to get cancelled. It's obviously NOT going to survive without the ridiculous amount of covers it gets.

Seriously. I understand DGM not getting the cover if Hoop Men begins that week, but that gets shafted too? Dear god. Talk about a pimped series. Thanks for sacrificing a series that already sells well for this, Jump!
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hoop Men will have its second chapter in the issue with Bleach on the cover. The bottom five above is for the issue in which Hoop Men starts. So only DGM gets shafted (which still sucks).
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
TD... who again? >.> said:
Bleach is suppose to be going through the best part of the story, which is why it might be getting pimped.
Bleach's best part was... uhm... three years ago? >.>

As much as I liked some instances of the post-SS arc (e.g. when Inoue said baibai to Ichigo :scry or when Ulqui got his bitchslap from her :clap or when little Nell - ah, so cuuute - transformed into sexy Neliel :blink or or or the appearance of Kaien :love, ect...) but if you cut all the boredom inbetween out you could reduce Bleach easily into a 12 volumes complete series by now -_-;
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i still stand by the fact that the first 6 volumes were excellent, and the shift to SS wasn't even neccesary. i mean it'd have still been awesome if it stuck to reality
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Well, I would agree with you but the issue to me is more the tournament style fights and not the setting. They can go to as much worlds as they want as long as they spare me the frequent 'leveling' -.-

Bleach has a interesting background story (yes, there is plot - if you look closely) and awesome characters. It's kinda a shame to drag it down through it endless fight sequences when there's soooo much Kubo could tell about the actual story.
 
Last edited:

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach Cover over D.Gray Man Cover?

Symbolic Middle Finger from Shonen Jump Editors to Hoshino?

I think so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top