Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroko looks like the next Double Arts; readers liked it at first but seem to have rejected it quickly there after. It's dropped a bit with every TOC. Kuroko and Bokke seem well on their way to being the next cuts. What a pathetic set of December debuts.



Bleach had color two weeks ago but your point remains valid. Chapter 349 sucked; color is hardly deserved.
Well my sense of time still has me within what you determined to be last week as opposed to this new week, but anyways yeah it did suck and they still don't deserve it. They probably just want the hollowfied ichigo to make his comeback in colour. As for Kuroko, I'm starting to wonder whether the colours that they are giving it are doing any good, as Bokke has fallen rather quickly when compared to Kuroko, and now they both seem to be sharing their place in the bottom. However, this may just be a spike, I think we'll have a better view next week when Kuroko gets ranked again.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i wouldn't compare double arts to kuroko. the fanbase for double arts was so much stronger than kurokos here. and is still pretty strong. Naoshi's like the mangahelpers-approved mangaka
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i wouldn't compare double arts to kuroko. the fanbase for double arts was so much stronger than kurokos here. and is still pretty strong. Naoshi's like the mangahelpers-approved mangaka
I meant in Japan, in the way it started high in the TOC but crashed quickly. DA's initial rankings were even better then Kuroko's, top 5 if I remember correctly, but it still managed to end after 23 chapters. But yeah, in online mangaland Naoshi seems a god and martyr simultaneously. If mangahelpers vote counted DA would have never fallen below 5.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Lol I kinda expected psyren would get higher since the amagi entrance ranking prolly started from this ToC on. I kinda expect bokke to get higher in what I would call the noodles-loves-you ranking: that's like in two weeks when noodles loves you started to like bokke will get higher.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i'll agree with that, though the latest bokke chapter was pretty lame, signifying not only a crawl to the end but also my enthusiasm temporarily dying
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
i'll agree with that, though the latest bokke chapter was pretty lame, signifying not only a crawl to the end but also my enthusiasm temporarily dying
Well that makes perfectly sense to be the jojo like muhyo was. So noodles if this one isn't going to survive, a eurostar trip to england is booked to [mod status on].... [mod status still on]you :p ;)

anyway sket dance will have a color page not upcoming issue but the issue after that. I am glad both sket and psyren are out of the danger zone. It's safe to call them consistent series they will leave their hands off for a while. Well that's what I hope
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
on the note of consistency, isn't it taking longer than usual for the popularity poll results for psyren to appear? i mean it should be.... nowish
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
#17 (23/03) :
Kochi Kame (C & Pc)
Bleach, Reborn (Pc)

Bottom 6 :
Kuroko
Bokke
Es21
Gray
ToLove
Jaguar

#18 (30/03) :
Op (C & Pc)
Sket, Kuroko (Pc)
To Love is more or less safe I think so I'm not worried over it. D.Gray may not be ranked but it deserves to be down that low currently. Eyeshield will be ending soon so I'm fine with it giving padding to other series.

The only one I'm sad about being low this week is Bokke. I'm really starting to enjoy it more with recent chapters. Damn it Bokke, switch with Inumaru and I'd be happy! This is me assuming Inumaru is just outside of the 5 of course.

Kuroko and Inumaru being the next cuts would be more than fine with me. :P

They can take Hoop Men with them

No Psyren on the bottom makes me happy though. ^__^
 
Last edited:

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with everything you said except for the part about Kuroko. I actually kind of like it.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
on the note of consistency, isn't it taking longer than usual for the popularity poll results for psyren to appear? i mean it should be.... nowish
Hmmm... All I know - though I don't know it is official bit it was said to be - is that the poll results was going to be released somewhere in april
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
DGM is definitely being ranked on some level, to have consistently bad ToC places. No truly unranked series would be second from the bottom.

TLR's doing pretty badly, but ES21's down there as well. I take it the latter will definitely end by/for the next round of cuts? At least that saves one series.

I'm a little surprised to see Kuroko and Bokke this far down. Kuroko's been pimped, but perhaps fans don't care for it after all - or Hoop Men is being problematic for it somehow? Perhaps readers are more excited for it, and that's starting to show in not-yet-ranked... uh... whatever. Sad to see Bokke this low, but I guess that was inevitable. Hopefully, it will also survive the next round of cuts (if To Love-Ru goes, say). Then again, it'll probably be three series next time...
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
not really, hunter x hunter has the same dealio when it returns.......

and es21 is kinda too far off of the end. neuro is closer and bokke's entering a possible endgame.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hopefully Neuro does end as well as one of the newest series (preferably Hoop Men). But if that does not happen, Bokke is in a sad spot.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
ah c'mon hoop men's awesome!
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I personally don't think To-Love is as safe as it seems. Sure it has the three OVAs coming, but somehow I think once or around it's 3rd anniversary, it's over.

Bokke seems to have gotten over it's initial "Kano hype" so it tanking now probably is a sad but true situation. Kuroko...well it's either a slump or maybe it's original sheen has come off with all the newer series in the magazine. And Psyren and Sket...well, them higher than the bottom is a good sign for them.

As for the next cuts...well, Neuro from how it seems is either over or ending so that's the first to go. To-Love may be sacrificed and ES21 could be close to if not at an end...if not this cut than next. That could protect at least one of the other newer series in the danger zone...unless Beezlebub or Hoop Men bomb.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i don't think it's a lie to say that the sales ratings for sket and psyren have looked better than last time this month aswell, so it makes sense that they're on the rise


and please god don't let beelzebub bomb. without that i have no method of trying to look like i matter around here XD
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
and please god don't let beelzebub bomb. without that i have no method of trying to look like i matter around here XD
kukuku, there's still inumaru going. Anyways, beezle doesn't look like it might bomb from the first few chapters, though with the japanese audience as it is now, who knows.
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I predict Neuro, Eyeshield and Bokke for the next round of cuts. Bokke has just been too lame lately to let it live. It has nothing Muhyo had going for it.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I honestly think nothing will be cut for awhile. There's plenty of series coming to closure. And JUMP needs to create new big series. Naruto and Bleach won't be around for that much longer. They're both coming around the final stretch in my opinion, and I don't think JUMP can live on One Piece and Toriko alone (and various other mid tier mangas)

I think Kuroko and Bokke will make it, though Bokke seems like it could be reaching an ending too (the Akabeko sounded like it would be some big deal and they reveal it within the next chapter. But there's still the other Yoningumi, so who knows. The Akabeko could just be a tool to revive characters who die.)
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naruto seems to be moving rather quickly into things, but Bleach is standing still so I doubt the latter will end any time soon. imho, Bokke hasn't been too impressive, if there are going to be any cuts, it'll be for the wildcard HXH, for whenever it comes back, and bokke might take the hit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top