Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
madofuki park was evidence that a unique idea and decent art doesn't make a good one shot
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, if that's the case, then it doesn't bode well for Murata's potential to get a solo reputation. This new one-shot would probably be another chance to prove himself, if it doesn't do well, then it won't do well for his chances of getting serialized in the near future.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well said. Could it be Murata needs Inagaki?
Well Obata tried it with blue dragon and failed. Maybe the same goes for murata. Some artist can draw good but they can't tell a story. They just need a storyteller ^^ Look at bakuman ;)
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Murata probably could just become an "artist for hire" like Obata and a few others, but I guess he just wants to break out of Inagaki's shadow with ES21 so close to over. Considering how much Jump has confidence in him, I guess that's why he feels this way.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well Obata tried it with blue dragon and failed. Maybe the same goes for murata. Some artist can draw good but they can't tell a story. They just need a storyteller ^^ Look at bakuman ;)
Obata didn't write Blue Dragon. o______o

The only manga Obata wrote was Cyborg Jii-chan.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Obata didn't write Blue Dragon. o______o

The only manga Obata wrote was Cyborg Jii-chan.

He was refering to the fact that Obata tried to "break away" from Ohba and the result was a flop.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He was refering to the fact that Obata tried to "break away" from Ohba and the result was a flop.
Of course, the series which is the biggest success of all those he's worked on was written by Hotta. It's not that he needs Ohba, he just needs a writer who can produce something that's actually good.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hikaru no Go was bigger than Death Note? I didn't know that. I was aware that it started a huge Go phase in Asia though...


ps. I just looked at Madofuki park. I did not like it, but I don't see how it qualifys as action (especially when dealing with a magazine like Jump).
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He was refering to the fact that Obata tried to "break away" from Ohba and the result was a flop.
Though, it can't really be Obata's fault, I mean it was the story not the art that flopped.
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Glad we'll get 2 Chapters for One-Piece in the double issue before Golden Week. But I was wondering if other Mangas aside OP have been comfirmed to release 2 chapters, 'cause last year some Mangas didn't release 2 chapters for GW even if they were expected to. (My main interest is to know about D.Gray-Man and Naruto )

Ps: Sorry if the question has already been Answered.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
2 chapters of OP in one issue? where did you get that from? interesting.

Double issue doesn't mean two chapters at the same time so you can probably forget about Naruto.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Obata didn't write Blue Dragon. o______o

The only manga Obata wrote was Cyborg Jii-chan.
He was refering to the fact that Obata tried to "break away" from Ohba and the result was a flop.
Thank you deidara, I was referring as you said: he tried to "break away", etc

Sorry to say so: but Obata has been succesfull with Ohba twice now with Death Note and Bakuman. I won't judge Obata since his art is very good (to awesome) but he's definitely the guy who needs a storyteller
 
Last edited:

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
◆ T.D.A ◆2 chapters of OP in one issue? where did you get that from? interesting.

Double issue doesn't mean two chapters at the same time so you can probably forget about Naruto.

Hmm, After giving this week's WJS Preview to a translator here at MH, aside beelzbub who gets 25 pages, + color pages it seems it says nothing special, but it was stated in a comfirmed spoiler at NF, though. So I'm not sure anymore.

As for Naruto:

Yeah, I know. And kishi is lazy anyway, but one can only hope right? :amuse

It'll sure be agonizing to wait 2 weeks to see how Nagato will go down... and I'm eager to know Naruto's answer. I hate Golden Week...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
A Double Issue doesn't equal two chapters. Anthologies are always within a certain size range (pages) and if every series...or even half for that matter, put out double the the amount it would be a huge problem.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really hope Naoshi comes back with something this round.
 
Last edited:

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
#22-23 (27/04) :
Op (Couv & Pc)
Gintama, Belzee (Pc)
Yûsuke Murata/Blust! - OneShot (Pc - 51p )
Es21 (absent)


Bottom :
Nurari
Gray
ToLove
Hoop
Jaguar
Bokke (End)

#24 (11/05) :
New series Nishio Ishin & Akira Akatsuki/ Medaka
Bleach, Kuroko (Pc)

#25 (18/05) :
New series Amano Yoichi/Suikoden
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Woah, so there we have it, the end of Bokke. But there's a new series the week after that, and then another after that, should we assume that Hoop Men is sorta safe considering the space created by Bokke and Neuro for two new series, or is there a possibility for a third new series. But man, Hoop didn't just bomb, it straight out tanked. And Bleach as well as Kuroko get more colour pages, cheers. Even moreso, cheers for Medaka Box getting serialized, I might scanlate the oneshot, since it's gotten my interest now.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Medaka Box gets serialized!! Cool. I've wanted to read the one shot for a long time, looks really good. Amano Yoichi sounds really familiar, I feel like theirs a one shot I'm forgetting <_<
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Hey but, when the hell is HxH supposed to come back?
I'm sure Suikoden will be a great series because of the author's surname (lol), but I'd really like to read 10 chapters of HxH...

However I'm happy Bokke ending, I couldn't stand that manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top