Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What the heck is up with ES21's cover phoning it in.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I like E21's cover, Kochikame's just crazy as normal.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I dunno, it looks sorta plain.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow nice covers. Thanks for posting them.
Toriko's is fantastic - even though I as a Sunny fanboy would have loved to see him on the cover as well...
ES keeps it simple but that's okay with me.
Naruto's is unexpectedly good and Kochikame is doing it the loony way.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I do love Kochikame's cover, but it's covers are always so great I take it for granted.

What the heck is up with ES21's cover phoning it in.
They've been phoning the manga in so long they may as well phone in the tank covers :/
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

[Cross];1328980 said:
What the heck is up with ES21's cover phoning it in.
it's been doing that for a while as far as i'm concerned.

Toriko and Naruto have the best covers i've seen for their respective series so far. and i'm a non-kakashi fan
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Meh, Naruto has way too much stuff on the cover. I still prefer the early cover art over these patchworks.

ES21, although I don't read it, looks the best to me. Simply but focused. It all comes down to personal taste, I guess. Some like it plain and some like it flashy.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i'm just a sucker for pretty colours i think. really though i don't think anything will beat the I"S covers of yore for me in all respects, so i just like declaring love for any cover that as much as stimulates my interest nowadays to fill that void XD
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

it's been doing that for a while as far as i'm concerned.
Yeah, that's what I meant, but yeah personal taste goes into it as well. I'm all for plain and simple, but this time around it just seems boring.
The Naruto cover seems to be the best of the bunch so far.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm not big on the Naruto or Eyeshield covers but Toriko and Kochi Kame's are fantastic.

This is my first time seeing any of KK's covers now that I think about it.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko's cover is the best for me. Oh boy do I love looking at it. Even though ES21's cover is on the plain side I still like it. [noparse]:D[/noparse]
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko's cover is cool. Sani shows up mid-way. He'll probably be on the cover next volume.
Naruto's is kinda bland.
Eyeshield... is just the main character standing there. It's nothing at all.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Doesn't that volume cover the beginning of the World Tournament? I expected something more substantial, which is why I didn't really like it.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Eyeshield... is just the main character standing there. It's nothing at all.
What's wrong with Sena just standing alone on the cover?
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Right now, unless Sorachi decides that he wants to try something new... I can actually see Gintama becoming the second Kochi Kame :p

As for ToLoveRu's CP... It's been a long drought with no end in sight :( I mean otherwise it usually would have 1~3 CP chapters per tank... but we have not had one since 129... I've originally thought we might have one this issue (for 3-year anni), but it didn't materialize for this or the next issue.

I can only hope for 2009-27 or 28 when the new comers mandatory CPs end.
ES21's cover is bland, I admit. Here we are in the ridiculous World Cup arc (which hasn't been too bad as of late) and they don't even use any other players aside from Sena. On the other hand, Toriko and KochiKame's are nice works. (and Naruto's...suddenly I just imagine the next cover being the other side of Pain with Hinata standing where Kakashi is)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What's wrong with Sena just standing alone on the cover?
if i wanted covers like that i'd continue buying bleach, that's all i can say to that
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Noodle, you're sounding as if the purpose for buying tanks is for the cover art! :p
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Naruto one looks the best mostly because of Kakashi.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Noodle, you're sounding as if the purpose for buying tanks is for the cover art! :p
To be honest, that's the only reason I care for Tank releases lol, well asides from the sales themselves.
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I wouldn't care if all covers were crappy, I mean, it's all about the inside.

'tho, nice covers are appreciated, they just look so damn good in the collection. :P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top