Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

So, ah, what's with all the talk of Mago ending? Did I miss some big announcement? Or not.
Its just a rumor right now.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Its just a rumor right now.
I had intended sarcasm. Forgot to put my statement in italics or something. I wouldn't qualify it as a rumor even. Someone had some big post about what could end next and why it shouldn't, just skimmed the post, it was to long. Since it's obvious Hoop Men will end next and only two new series will come, nothing else is in danger.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

^yeah, i agree with you kaiten.
BTW, anyone knows the answer to my question about reborn?
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Mago getting cancelled is doubtful, what with the great sales and all. Anyway, I'm just so happy to see a Sket drama cd announced! I don't think I've ever been hyped (or for that matter actually cared) about a drama cd before!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think you guys are a bit too fixed on the sales. Jump will only care about sales when there's a full merchandise behind low positioned series, like TLR (manga and anime). I would definitely count mago in mx0's league. It sells pretty decent to good but if it won't get out of the bottom then it'll simply be cancelled because it doesn't have the merchandise to stand on... At this moment mago is safe because of a cushion but it will definitely be the next one in the row if it won't jump out of the bottom (unless the new ones are cushions too)
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

yeah, i guess that's true. But TOC is for 8 chapters before right? so, to see the current chapter's ranking i have to wait for 8 more weeks right?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ko-neta:

590 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/06/08(月) 00:50:39 ID:6yiJoFhj0
小ネタ
・29 21out
 ドベ5 フープ、とら、PSY、バクマン、亀
 スケドラマCD化告知だけ
・30巻頭OP C読切、銀

2009-29
ES 21 Ends (well, that's 100% confirmation right there :p)

Bottom 5:
KochiKame
Bakuman
Psyren
ToLoveRu
Hoop

Sket's News contains only info on Drama CD (so no news on animation)

2009-30
Lead CP: OP
CP: 1-shot, Gintama
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

#29 (15/06) :
Eyeshield 21 (End)

Last :
Kochi Kame
Baku-man
Psyren
To Love
Hoop Men
Jaguar

Sket Dance Drama Cd decided.

#30 (22/06) :
One Piece (Couv & Pages Couleurs)
Gintama (Pages Couleurs)
Kasuga Makoto / Ultimate Chaser (One Shot & Pages Couleurs)
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ko-neta:




2009-29
ES 21 Ends (well, that's 100% confirmation right there :p)

Bottom 5:
KochiKame
Bakuman
Psyren
ToLoveRu
Hoop

Sket's News contains only info on Drama CD (so no news on animation)

2009-30
Lead CP: OP
CP: 1-shot, Gintama
Bakuman is one of the bottom 5???? serious???
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Mago ain't on the last of the magazine, that's good, but then again Psyren and Bakuman are low!
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm happy about finally Mago is not in bottom 5, or maybe just above KochiKame because KochiKame is unranked. Therefore, I'm thinking about news for Mago going to be cancel may be just a false story.

However, I don't get why Psyren suddenly massively drop into bottom 5. In this week's issue, Psyren's ranking was almost near top 5. Also, I think Psyren is currently in their best arc.

I don't worry about Bakuman because their sales are higher than both Mago and Toriko, and the authors are very famous for Death Note, so I'm not worry about Bakuman
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bakuman...what the hell. Should we chalk this up to the unranked being on top?
I mean the week before the unranked colour page it was also rather low...
I can't wait till the unranked get ranked so we can get a normal toc.
Woo hoo for Gintama getting a colour.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I know... this ToC is just funky...
Psyren's up-and-down is understandable, but Bakuman?!!

Also, I really hope that Ko-neta would start listing bottom 6 whenever Kochikame is down there = ="
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

WHAT? Psyren in the bottom five? In the week corresponding to the color page with the poll results and
the fight between Shao and Shiner???
What the hell? This doesn't make any sense! :coffeeshock
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

BAKUMAN?
What. The. Hell.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, going back 8 chapters it would be said colour page. If the fight you mentioned is suppose to be as good as you made it sound, this is a bit troubling for Psyren fans.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Look on the bright side: A drama CD most likely means a Sket Dance anime is coming. Shame Psyren is so low, Bakuman too.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow, the fact that fight ranked so low is ridiculous. I'd seriously hope it jumps back up next ranking.

I can't remember which Bakuman chapter this is. Considering certain chapters are better than others lately, I'm not surprised it yo-yos. Although Bakuman is one of the last series I'd personally be worried about.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Next week's Bakuman rank will be interesting to see, it was the one where they had the cover. If they rank low, I will laugh for a week. Then proceed to cry.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I can understand Bakuman dying now. It stopped being interesting the second they got serialized. Now it's just a "where do we go from here" feeling. Psyren always yo-yos so I'm not surprised.

As for a breakthrough battle manga....I want to see one about inner-city gang warfare! ハイパードライバイ!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top