Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Actually, Psyren's a little down. Usually it's first week sales is 50,000-55,000. Mago is only a little bit down. It'll probably reach 200000 in 4-5 weeks.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

In change of topic, I really enjoy reading Kuroko, but I have two things that concerns for this series. First, the match is too short. Seirin against Seihou only last five chapters, and Seihou is one of the best three teams in Tokyo, but the author presented shortly. It is even shorter than against Kaijou. So, I don't have any impact on Seihou as really strong team. Secondly, there is not too much cool opponent characters, other than Generation of Miracles. The author only put too much focus on Genration of Miracles, he didn't have any character development on other rival characters. I think author should have put more character focus on Seihou teams.

In conclusion, Seirin against Shuutoku is going to be important part for this series to judge whether this series can be successful or not.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Mago has never been in danger of cancellation, nor will it be in the foreseeable future. The only established series that need worry is Psyren. It's sales are iffy, it's rank rarely good. It should still be good enough to make it to year two, maybe even year three.

Ignoring Mx0, if a series made it that long, would it still be in danger? If it gets an anime by then great, but if not, why let a series last 3 years only to end it so suddenly? Seems so unfair. If it can survive Jump's initial screening (3 years is a looong time), I personally think it deserves the benefit of the doubt...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anybody know that Mago sell more that Mx0? And is there any chance Mago might end like Mx0?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anybody know that Mago sell more that Mx0? And is there any chance Mago might end like Mx0?
Yes ;)
Mx0's highest sales came from Vol.09, selling a total of 122,346 on Oricon.

Mago Vol. 04 sold 143,905 by week 3.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The real TOC, Issue 29

Toriko (cover, color)
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Beelzebub
Inumarudashi
Medaka Box
Kuromitsu - sama Mairu! (one shot, color)
Reborn
Akaboshi
Sket Dance
Kuroko
Mago
Eyeshield 21 (color, extra pages, end)
Gintama
Kochikame
Bakuman
Psyren
To Love Ru
Hoop Men
Jaguar
Is it bad that I looked at this list, and while I was thinking of Gintama's (possibly) impending doom....I was more relieved that if it DOES end I wouldn't have to translate those brain breaking amounts of text anymore?....rather than pissing myself in anxiety over an awesome jump series imploding?

Meh. I think I've become jaded enough by my favorite series ending so often that I don't care anymore. If Gintama is really gonna get sacked, (I know I know that it won't happen anytime soon since Sorachi's got clout now, but if it's this low WITH a successful anime, imagine what would happen if Sunrise backs out?) Then that would be one less reason for me to read Jump. I currently only care for One piece and Belzebub (or however it's spelled.) If those two somehow go somewhere, then it' be bye bye for WSJ for me. :-P Not that Shogakukan is doing me any favors.


....Maybe I need to learn to like Seinen.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is Gintama now losing their touch, or just Jiraia arc is not popular. I thought Jiraia arc is one of the best arc in Gintama.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Gintama's just filling the void left by D. Gray Man (T_T); a popular, best selling series that doesn't get the votes. The last volume sold as well as ever, the next volume will sell as well as that, and Gintama will last as long as Sorachi feels like being funny.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

One Piece sells is crazy as always.:p
Bleach is still on the karakura fraccion fight so I wouldn't surprise if it's a bit low than usual. Let's see how the following weeks result are anyway.
D Gray Man shouldn't be this low. Need more support. Hope it gets more in the following weeks.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

How many top spots can there be? Everything is too damn successful for everyone to be doing good. They have to shift shit around. It's so confusing...

It'd be frustrating if series we have been following for thing long just ended...I want Mago and Psyren to live on!
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It'd be frustrating if series we have been following for thing long just ended...I want Mago and Psyren to live on!
Mago cannot be cancelled because it is doing very well for series that contains lots of other mega-hit Jump manga. I'm not sure if Psyren will survive long. This goes same for Sket Dance.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hmm didn't Double Arts' first few volumes sell well too though?
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Double arts only got 3 volumes if I'm not mistaken. And each sold around psyren's number
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ah alright. I thought I remembered an earlier convo about the last volume selling a lot or something. Must have been mistaken.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is the issue where Eyeshield 21 ends number 28?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is the issue where Eyeshield 21 ends number 28?
No, it's issue 29.
I think the last chatper is going to upload tomorrow.
 

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

About Gintama. I saw manga selling lists, and the Gintama Character Book almost like Toriko. (and the character book has higher price).
And now the Gin-san Hijikata combo make better pozition on ToC.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Question: Did any PoT volume exceed 1,000,000 copies?
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Question: Did any PoT volume exceed 1,000,000 copies?
Yes Volume #16-22
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top