Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hm...I'm wondering if Kawashita will try something different this time around.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anyone knowsWachima Satoshi 's one shot is called? I want to check out his one shot.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anyone knowsWachima Satoshi 's one shot is called? I want to check out his one shot.
There were two one-shots in that week. A 15-page gag called Sasurai Kenshi Monogatari and another one called Kashikoi Inu Lillenthal. I don't know what the second one is like, but I hated the first.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow.... I'm really disappointed that Bleach and Beelze keep getting colors.

It's absolutely retarded. I would laugh if Beelze fails at volume sales since it's getting pimped so much.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What I was thinking of lately is this: maybe Beelze gets the colour twice because the volume is about to come out and they already expcet either huge sells or a somehow disappointing outcome and thus proomote it at that time?
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh come on... Lilim Kiss is much more fun to read than Ichigo! (well, in my opinion at least :p)

I guess it has something to do with me enjoying romance comedy with a bit of mystic/sci-fi as oppose the regular stuff... (I did like DNA2 better than I''s... Hell, I liked Shadow Lady better than I''s... XD)
What about Wingman? (it's sci-fi and early work but it's a ton of fun and slightly strange...then again I'm biased for doing it :P)

On the other hand...I'm sort of happy Kawashita is coming back but at the same time conflicted considering Hatsukoi was within the last year and she's suddenly trying again. Who knows what will happen but somehow my mind is telling me they want to replace To-Love and see her as a means to do so. (though I'm happy Mago and Sket are out of danger fer the moment.)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Kuroko has been in bottom 5 for two consecutive weeks. Is this means Kuroko finally loses its touch or is Seirin vs. Seihou arc. is not that popular?
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

A little concerned with Mago now, though there's still volume sales to consider and it could still very well end up a coincidence or just different from what the spoiler said, like the two/three series thing.

Besides that, I'm kind of interested in what Tanaka's bringing. Liked a lot of the ideas behind Catoblepas even if the execution was pretty lackluster.
 

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
4,011
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Shit, bakuman in bottom 5 again <.< I'm wondering if bakuman's ending is coming
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Shit, bakuman in bottom 5 again <.< I'm wondering if bakuman's ending is coming
A series that sells over 200,000 copies of a volume WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE VOLUMES has nothing to worry about. Bakuman's sales are strong, and THAT is what matters. It's not in any danger whatsoever for the foreseeable future. I mean, D. Gray-man and Death Note were always low in the Table of Contents, but they stuck around because they had very high tankobon sales. Bakuman is the same way, there's nothing to worry about at all.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I do think Bakuman's ending is near, though. A natural ending, that is. There just isn't a lot left to show anymore, imo.
 

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
4,011
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I do think Bakuman's ending is near, though. A natural ending, that is. There just isn't a lot left to show anymore, imo.
Uhm, I'm not sure. DN ends really early cuz is difficoult thinking every week new challenges between Kira and L/Near; while in Bakuman we still have to see "Eiji vs Ashirogi", the "Azuki's career" and the "Trap's anime". So Bakuman will not have a natural end so soon.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anyone worries that Mago might be cancel because rumor about Hoopmen is been cancel in issue 31 does come true, so there are slightly chance that rumor might be true? Or does anyone thinks it is just a coincidence?
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

FROM 32? Wow... so that spoiler may have been right after all. I didn't pay attention to the original wording.

Is it possible that it has been decided since that Mago won't end? Perhaps that's why we're getting three new series now instead of another one later (when was the last time a single new series was introduced?). Hmm. Still worried about DGM's apparent lack of return, what with the rumours of another volume in September (HxH at least has a rumour going for its return in October!).

Maybe they're expecting one of the new series to flop, or replace Kuroko. Those rankings are pretty bad, especially for a series that was pimped as much as it was.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, it's all in the air right now. Are the current chapters showing any signs of it reaching the end?
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Uhm, I'm not sure. DN ends really early cuz is difficoult thinking every week new challenges between Kira and L/Near; while in Bakuman we still have to see "Eiji vs Ashirogi", the "Azuki's career" and the "Trap's anime". So Bakuman will not have a natural end so soon.
Azuki's career does't need to be shown, and if it does, it'll be just a few chapters at most. The anime won't be shown, it'll probably be just the sign that the series is about to end. I don't see a reason why Ohba would want to show the inside of the anime industry as well... besides, Ashirogi aren't even involved with it. And Ashirogi vs. Eiji is already happening.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What about Wingman? (it's sci-fi and early work but it's a ton of fun and slightly strange...then again I'm biased for doing it :P)

On the other hand...I'm sort of happy Kawashita is coming back but at the same time conflicted considering Hatsukoi was within the last year and she's suddenly trying again. Who knows what will happen but somehow my mind is telling me they want to replace To-Love and see her as a means to do so. (though I'm happy Mago and Sket are out of danger fer the moment.)
Ahhh... Wingman... now that's something I haven't heard in a long time...

I personally think Wingman is much more strict Sci-Fi Adventure instead of Katsura's later romance series. So when comparing, I didn't even think about Wingman :p

Speaking of Wingman... so much has changed to Katsura-sensei's works ;)

FROM 32? Wow... so that spoiler may have been right after all. I didn't pay attention to the original wording.

Is it possible that it has been decided since that Mago won't end? Perhaps that's why we're getting three new series now instead of another one later (when was the last time a single new series was introduced?). Hmm. Still worried about DGM's apparent lack of return, what with the rumours of another volume in September (HxH at least has a rumour going for its return in October!).

Maybe they're expecting one of the new series to flop, or replace Kuroko. Those rankings are pretty bad, especially for a series that was pimped as much as it was.
If the spoiler was indeed real, to the effect that the original intend was indeed cutting Mago loose and bringing two more series in in 38... Perhaps they changed their mind in the final decision? So instead of 3 outs and 4 ins, we have the current 2 outs/3 ins?
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Eyeshield and Hoop end is very much predictable. What i found weird, is that if the rumor is true, the decision to cancel mago come two months apart.
If they were to cancel a series, the most i remember would be one month, such as Mx0. Well, if it's really got cancel, it's going to be one of the unsolved mystery of Jump, a series with very good sales, especially from a new series from an unknown author, and very good ToC ranking at the beginning. I mean, Mago has only recently goes to the bottom, and it still bounce back in. I just hope it doesn't get canceled

BTW, is it true D.Gray-man has a low ToC ranking? I mean i just can't imagine a series with 14 million copy sold would have a low ranking.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top