Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

By the looks of it, Toriko is not doing very well as before, but it is still pretty high. I think the readers didn't like Mammoth arc, as compared to past arcs. But, most surprising is that Sket Dance is in top 5 for consecutive weeks. Did someone knows that Sket Dance ranking is on Bossun's past arc? Also, I'm glad to see Mago didn't drop too much. And Medakak drops to one space.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

But, most surprising is that Sket Dance is in top 5 for consecutive weeks. Did someone knows that Sket Dance ranking is on Bossun's past arc?
Actually, it's on if not after the big reveal of his past arc, so this ranking is somewhat understandable (though really impressive). Medaka Box is ranking on 8, not bad.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow, Reborn's pretty low, and it isn't the first time in recent weeks. Could this arc be unpopular, or is it just getting pushed down because of other series?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hard to say. The volumes have been selling just as well, it seems like Reborn and Gintama are the victims of Toriko and Beelzebub's success.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

If two out of three new series become successful, Jump editors should consider to delay on releasing another new series because I, personaly, think current Jump line-up is strongest, since on Jump's golden age on early 90s. So, I can't bare to watch cancel one of the series because every series are too good to die.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Thanks Lingwe!!

After reading your script I can see why this will be serialized; Kagijin could potentially be a great series.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Looks good but I think the art of some of the side characters could/should be improved for the final version if there is. Main character design is kl, the girl will probably get bigger boobs as well. -_-;
 

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The *Real* Ko-neta Orz




2009-32 Bottom 6
Kuroko
Kochikame
Akaboshi
Gintama
Psyren
ToLoveRu

2009-33
Lead CP: Kagijin
CP: Ane-Doki, Psyren

<hr noshade size="1">

I can't believe I did that = ="
Should've double check the ID before I post...

<----Biggest moron ever
Atleast Akaboshi is still above psyren. lol
I've just uploaded a raw and translation of the Kagijin oneshot if anyone wants to try scanning it.

Kagijin looks good art style wise
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Nice, I didn't know that oneshot was Kagijin. It was probably my favorite out of the recent stuff we've gotten.

A bit apprehensive since Catoblepas didn't exactly adapt well, but I'm much more interested in it now regardless.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

At least Akaboshi is still above psyren.
Your Psyren hatred is not welcome here. Just kidding, but seriously, what don't you like about it?
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Atleast Akaboshi is still above psyren. lol
And here I thought I was the only one in this thread who didn't like Psyren :p.

I really hope Bleach's color page this week is more up to Kubo's standards. Was it just me or was last weeks Bleach color page kind of half assed? I generally always like Bleach's colors but this one was, meh.

Yay for Mago being so high, I hope the current flashback keeps it that high.

I'm kind of annoyed about Kuroko being so low b/c I don't want the only sports series in jump to get cancelled, unless it means we'll get a new sports series as a replacement (preferably baseball or soccer). I still wish Hoop Men would've survived :darn.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm kind of annoyed about Kuroko being so low b/c I don't want the only sports series in jump to get cancelled, unless it means we'll get a new sports series as a replacement (preferably baseball or soccer). I still wish Hoop Men would've survived :darn.
It won't get canceled for a while. At least until we get some new sport series that do even better then Kuroko. From their it really depends on where Kuroko is in the TOC and how much it's selling to see whether they cancel it or keep it.

Jumps audience is mostly around 13 years old so sports should appeal to them. So Jump loves sports.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It won't get canceled for a while. At least until we get some new sport series that do even better then Kuroko. From their it really depends on where Kuroko is in the TOC and how much it's selling to see whether they cancel it or keep it.

Jumps audience is mostly around 13 years old so sports should appeal to them. So Jump loves sports.
I bet if the new series all do well and Kuroko continues to fall and it comes down between it and an older series I think Jump would cut it.

As sad as it is Jump readers don't seem to care about sports manga as much anymore.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

As sad as it is Jump readers don't seem to care about sports manga as much anymore.
I know and Cross Game is currently on hiatus :crying. I need to find another sports manga to read that is being regularly scanned. I don't even really like Kuroko, but it's made easily available so I continue to read b/c I love sports.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I know and Cross Game is currently on hiatus :crying. I need to find another sports manga to read that is being regularly scanned. I don't even really like Kuroko, but it's made easily available so I continue to read b/c I love sports.

Do you read New PoT?
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Do you read New PoT?
Yeah, but it's monthly and I forget about it after I read it (like just now) and remember when the raws come out. I prefer it being weekly, but still enjoy it. Speaking of which, when does the next Jump SQ come out? It seems like it's been near a month.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah, but it's monthly and I forget about it after I read it (like just now) and remember when the raws come out. I prefer it being weekly, but still enjoy it. Speaking of which, when does the next Jump SQ come out? It seems like it's been near a month.
SQ is released on the 4th of the month. But since Letter Bee is off, I hardly care.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think one lesson we need to know of now is that "while new series can come in and become massive, the older series will always get victimized for it, no matter what it's laurels are". I'm starting to think that's where Gintama stands now: sure it is still popular but it's time may be over and it may end up being sacrificed/wrapped up due to the end of interest in the TOC. Nothing about where it will end up since a popular series can still remain popular and notable for decades to come after it's time in Jump is over...but it is something to think about with it being under so much fire as of late. (same goes for Reborn...it makes one wonder how certain series remain at the top for so long...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top