Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Holy fuck, that was faster than I thought. The set up looked like it would take at least 3-5 chapters maybe. O_O

Well, I guess it is To Love Ru for one of the ending series this round.

Can't wait for the Torik cover. lol more color for Beelzebub.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

oh....To Love ends........
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#40 (31/08) :
Toriko (Couv)
Beelzebub (Page Couleur)
Inumaru Dashi (Page Couleur)
Mizuno Teruaki / Metalica (One Shot, Page Couleur)
To Love (End)


Medaka Box
Kagijin


#41 (07/09) :
New Serie (Couv & Page Couleur)
Ane Dokii (Page Couleur)
Well, those that predicted Kagijin tanking were right. Looks like Ane-doki has gotten a good reception if it is getting color. Or Jump just wants to pimp it. We shall see.

I wonder what this new series will be. If it is sports maybe that will be the only thing protecting Kuroko gone. I'm just hoping it isn't another battle manga.

I can hear people partying all over now that To Love Ru ended.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Most likely Ane Doki did well, Jump usually doesn't pimp anything that debuts in the bottom five. We'll find out when the TOC comes out Wednesday. Only two of the bottom five were posted, I would assume Kagijin dropped below Akaboshi but not that Akaboshi has escaped the top five.

Still shocked ToRa is ending [now] - no comment.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think new series starting rather too early. Is this means is there going to be two outs or three outs?

Also, is bottom 5 revealed, yet?

Plus, it looks like Medaka hit the bottom of bottom 5.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

...looks like Akaboshi might hold on after all. I wish.

With ToRa ended and DGM moved there's more space to go around. Maybe the new series is a harem one like ToRa? Either that or sports like Braiking Boss said or gag. It's not too farfetched to say that it might be yet another battle manga though...
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

To tell the truth, even with the way the stupid series has been, I was expected a few more chapters to at least attempt some sort of ending...but the last chapter just seemed very...well, it's official: even after what looks like a successful 19 volume run, To-Love has gotten a "rushed Jump ending".
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yeah, and this isn't the first time this happen in this year
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

...looks like Akaboshi might hold on after all. I wish.

With ToRa ended and DGM moved there's more space to go around. Maybe the new series is a harem one like ToRa? Either that or sports like Braiking Boss said or gag. It's not too farfetched to say that it might be yet another battle manga though...
If Akaboshi did escape, it decided to do so at one hell of a time.

Well another battle manga just feels like overkill considering how saturated the line-up currently is with them. It looks like Kagijin has tanked and Akaboshi had horrible rankings since it started so being able to compete with the series that are already established in that genre is hard enough.

Though I wouldn't put it past them.

To tell the truth, even with the way the stupid series has been, I was expected a few more chapters to at least attempt some sort of ending...but the last chapter just seemed very...well, it's official: even after what looks like a successful 19 volume run, To-Love has gotten a "rushed Jump ending".
lol "thanks for the service now beat it and don't let the door hit you on the way out" is the way this looked like to me.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

To Love-Ru is not getting a colour for its ending? To Love-Ru did well on the tank sell, higher than Neuro. I thought To Love-Ru is getting colour on its ending.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

◆EizHb38XPU stated that we'll get everything in detail tomorrow. (last sentence)
It seems things weren't completely decided yet, so he could only give this short one (first line)

Um, yeah...I'm kinda scared if Himajin will really chuck his business due to ToRa's end. He's been the one and only legendary hero from 2ch for most series I cared about in the beginning... : / (Personally never really cared for ToRa so that's my only problem with its end)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mr. Prince said:
EizHb38XPU stated that we'll get everything in detail tomorrow. (last sentence)
It seems things weren't completely decided yet, so he could only give this short one (first line)
ToRa's ending seems so sudden. Is there a possibility Kentaro walked? Could this be a mangaka quitting on the magazine rather then being canceled. It may be that things at Jump are so undecided do to his sudden departure. If ToRa had been canceled or ended at an agreed upon date things would be more settled. Maybe the recent arc of Bakuman is still on my mind :s

I think new series starting rather too early. Is this means is there going to be two outs or three outs?

Also, is bottom 5 revealed, yet?

Plus, it looks like Medaka hit the bottom of bottom 5.
Looks like only two of the bottom five series were posted: Medaka and Kagijin.

In terms of further cuts, I don't know as this means anything. It does seem that rather have back to back cancellations they'll seperate them out by a few weeks. If Kagijin is already in the bottom five it and Akaboshi will probably be canceled, but they may wait a few more issues to start. I expect one more new series in early September (replacing Akaboshi) and HxH in October (replacing Kagijin).
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hmmm, I would take this with a grain of salt. Kagijin isn't rated yet unless it would be a hopeless case but I'd rather not believe it. First comes ane doki, I think this one will get it's true rate next week or within two weeks. I highly doubt they would position kagijin in the bottom 5 already.

Anyway if TLR ends then that's at least good news and something I hope to be true
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Due to the double issue if you count to eight weeks rather then issues Ane Doki gets it's first ranking in issue 39, Kagijin in issue 40.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

finally, TLR ending. though its a bit too sudden.
i think i'll respect WSJ a bit more from now on... (of course i still have tons of complains)
if Kagijin is already in bottom 5, than i think we can expect it to get cut pretty soon.

seems like Medaka's survival rate increased a bit more.
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Woah, TLR ending already? That was way faster than I thought.
Oh, and about the new series, I'm curious to see what it is about.

While we're talking about series being axed, I waqnt to ask if there has ever been a case where a series would get serialized, axed, and then re-serialized? Like in the same magazine?
There's only one series that comes to mind; Shaman King. Except it's in Kangzengban form.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

not that i know of.
there was a seires that got an anime adaption after it got axed, but thats pretty much it.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I can't believe To Love-ru ended that suddenly. I don't read it and don't really care for it, but I never expected this 0_o lol
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

This is great news. Toriko cover and Beelzebub color. To Love Ru ending is a surprise but since I don't read it, I hope that its cut saves some of the new series. A new series in 2 weeks should be fun and kagijin can get cut already since I'm pretty sure it won't survive.
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

When the bottom five will be completely post?

Moderator Notice:
That is not yet known :)~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top