Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Naruto has had enough covers but it does deserve a proper 10th anniversary celebration. 10 years is a pretty big accomplishment. I'd rather see Mago keep the cover for issue 43 and Naruto get the full cover, color, celebration treatment in issue 44.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm pretty sure it DID have its 10th anniversary cover. That's what those were about.
This one, right?:
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think Medaka has high chance of to be cut on next round becaus it stay on bottom for long time, only above Kagijin.

Akaboshi falls into bottom 5 again, but I think it is still safe, and possibly can escape from bottom 5 again because the ranking on Ryozanpaku began at next week.

Ane Dokii dropped to bottom 5, I think we judged too early that Ane Dokii will be success. If Ane Dokii stay on bottom 5 again, it can possibly be next Medaka.

Kagijin is in last place again, so pretty much it is doomed. But, that we thought about Akaboshi until last week. We never know what is going to happen to Kagijin until there are official announcement that Kagijin will be cancel.
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Ane Doki need to fall more ;)
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Kagijin is in last place again, so pretty much it is doomed. But, that we thought about Akaboshi until last week. We never know what is going to happen to Kagijin until there are official announcement that Kagijin will be cancel.
But this time circumstances are different. Hadn't it been for ToLove's abrupt ending, Akaboshi would have been cut already. The same thing won't happen twice in a row.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The one week escape never changed my mind. It was bumped up for one week by Sket and Beelze randomly dropping. Both are out of the bottom five, suddenly Akaboshi is back. Akaboshi has spent one week out of the bottom five. I don't see how that is doing well enough to avoid cancellation. It spent eight straight weeks in the bottom five, out of the nine it was ranked. Issue 41 will make it 9 out of 10.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm pretty sure it DID have its 10th anniversary cover. That's what those were about.
This one, right?:
It was but it just didn't feel right. Naruto's 10th should be the week it started, just like OP had. To do it several weeks in advance just didn't really feel too right considering that it just felt like it was sort of prepping for the 1oth instead of being the actual 10th anniversary. All in all, considering this is pretty much the second biggest series in the magazine and the biggest seller in a good chunk of the world, I am sad to say (as much as I really, really don't want to) that Naruto deserved a bit better with this.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

But this time circumstances are different. Hadn't it been for ToLove's abrupt ending, Akaboshi would have been cut already. The same thing won't happen twice in a row.
Well, we should know that there are at least two outs already, Medaka and Wajimania. Wajimania is not in bottom 5, but I think Wajimania is like Poseidon, which equally bed series but stay in high position, it'll finish in matter of time. Medaka didn't show any progress, still manange to stay above Kagijin, so it's not weird that it'll finish on two weeks, and I feel like current arc is last arc for Medaka.

Also, I still think three gag series is too much, Jaguar, Inumaru, and Lilienthal. I think one of them should get finish, but Jaguar is already too popular to get axed, Inumaru is getting high ranking, and it even got vomic, which Psyren didn't get it yet, and Lilienthal is just starting, so I doubt they will be gone.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm pretty sure it DID have its 10th anniversary cover. That's what those were about.
This one, right?:
And for the record, I actually thought that the cover on Shonen Jump #35 was cool. I liked how they put like a piece of foil in the cover page which gave that shinny metalic look.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well, we should know that there are at least two outs already, Medaka and Wajimania. Wajimania is not in bottom 5, but I think Wajimania is like Poseidon, which equally bed series but stay in high position, it'll finish in matter of time. Medaka didn't show any progress, still manange to stay above Kagijin, so it's not weird that it'll finish on two weeks, and I feel like current arc is last arc for Medaka.
Two weeks? What's with everyone acting like the next round of cuts will be tomorrow or something? There won't be any more cuts in at least ten weeks, how hard is it to understand that? >___<
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Seeing as there was no mention of anything being cut today, I think we can hold off on the talk of what else will die until a few weeks pass.

A lot can still happen. The new series could still tank, something else could pull a To Love Ru on us, and one of these series could pull themselves together and escape like Kuroko did. Although Kuroko had the unfair advantage of editor interference with that color a few weeks back.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

^Quite difficult, apparently. Unless HxH comes back next series will end in issue 52 IMO. Some time around then anyway.

Summer Akamaru Jump

 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well, most of axed series can't pass 20 chapters, longest had been Asklepios, which lasted 19 chapters, unless it did very well on early, like Bari Haken and Double Arts. So, there is not exception for Medaka, too.

We did have information on issue 43, but it is only information on colour, there's no mention on ranking or anything. For example, To Love-Ru finished on issue 40. We got first information about issue 40 on August 9th, and there is no mention whether To Love-Ru will finish or not. We got information of the end of To Love-Ru on August 23rd. We usually get information about end/axed series on same time when we receive information about bottom 5.

In conclusion, I'm just predicting that Medaka will be cut on next weeks, so I might be wrong. But, looking at few weeks' rankings on Medaka, it has high chance that Medaka will be finish on soon. And that goes same with Akaboshi, I treat one week escape of bottom 5 as Bokkes-san's colour on about chapter 12. So, there is still high chance that both will get axed on next few weeks.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Nothing will be cut next week, the announcement would have come with the color pages post. They always do. Two series were just added. They've gone 8 - 10 weeks between new series this year. If HxH comes back one series will end. Otherwise nothing will be cut until the end of November. At that point three series will end no matter what. To Love Ru saved a series this round, the space opened up by the end of the Golden Cup saved a second.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hatsukoi Limited and Blue Dragon Ral Grado throw a wrench in that formula muwlove.

Some series that survive a few cuts due to whatever circumstances can still end near the 30 chapter mark like those two did. Which is what Akaboshi and Medaka would be at if they would be the ones to die by the end of the calendar year for instance.

^Quite difficult, apparently. Unless HxH comes back next series will end in issue 52 IMO. Some time around then anyway.

Summer Akamaru Jump

Hardest thing in the world apparently. :amuse

I like the color scheme for this cover. Although I'd have preferred it if Kanda wasn't on it. =P
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Let's hope SQ Kanda is less annoying. I miss Lenalee.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I miss Lenalee.
You just reminded me why I really disliked last chapter, she better appear soon.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Let's hope SQ Kanda is less annoying. I miss Lenalee.
I have my doubts. I'd be happy with less Kanda and more Lenalee and Lavi. I'd have preferred one of them on the cover or maybe Tyki Mikk.

The next time Akamaru comes out is in winter right?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Next Akamaru will be New Years week. Not like the oneshots get scanned anymore. Which sucks, one shots can be one of the most interesting things about Jump. That reminds me: I haven't read it yet but someone scanned a one shot called Monsters that came out last June. It's super LQ but still looks like it's worth reading.
 
Last edited:

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

In conclusion, I'm just predicting that Medaka will be cut on next weeks, so I might be wrong. But, looking at few weeks' rankings on Medaka, it has high chance that Medaka will be finish on soon. And that goes same with Akaboshi, I treat one week escape of bottom 5 as Bokkes-san's colour on about chapter 12. So, there is still high chance that both will get axed on next few weeks.
Actually, there is one difference: Bokke got a color most likely through the choice of the editors. Akaboshi climbed out on its own; editors did not put it there. I'm not doubting that both are most likely gone, but I had to point that out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top