Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Wow Reborn... you better have a good reason for having 4 colors in a row, or welcome to my black list! >:[ You'll get to be next to Bleach and Beelzebub. Both color-whores.

Sad to see Psyren in the bottom 5... but yay cus it gets a color the week after! :D
 
Last edited:

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi started rising sooner than I expected. If a weak chapter such as 12 got it out of the bottom 5, I can only expect it to skyrocket with chapters 13 and 14. :P Maybe the readers are finally starting to realize how good it is. Took them long enough.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but this is the second time Psyren gets a color page right after bottoming out. I guess it's Shueisha's way of showing they care for it at least a little bit.

Ane Doki, Wajima, Medaka and Kagijin can spend the rest of their lives in the bottom for all I care.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Reborn's getting an anime special this fall, but I doubt that is the reason since Naruto and Toriko also are getting an anime special at the same day.

But yeah.. four issues in a row? Not even Bleach pulled that off.
 

pandaaqueen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,363
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Happy because of Reborn! and Medaka, and sad due to Psyren's position, lol.

Well, as for Reborn!, the popularity poll results will come out next week, I guess.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I can't see the future arc ending in 4 chapters, so I guess there'll be a movie or something
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

At this rate, I think Medaka has very high chance to get axed along with Kagijin. Akaboshi has an essential element to increase the ranking, but I'm not sure Medaka has one. We will see how Medaka's ranking going to change when Huuki-Iin arc. starts to get ranked.

Also, looks like Death Note also had 4 straight weeks with colours like Reborn. Does anyone knows that Death Note got 4 colours because it has a big announcement, too? Or just because of popularity?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Wow, four colors in a row...what has Reborn ever done to deserve that?...kinda pisses me off lol

But Akaboshi moves up a little and Psyren drops...mixed feeling going on here.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren's always been yo-yoing for most of it's existance so it's probably not going to be enough to get an anime this soon unless it keeps going consistantly. (compared to, say, Toriko/Mago) But somehow Akaboshi going somewhere could be nice potential.

And Reborn...I fear for it's "scoop" since...well, I think some of it's fanbase may make whatever "it" is end up being screwy. (whether it be movie or musical)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Maybe Reborn is switching magazines, the four color pages are the send off :tem

Probably not but that would be nice.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

switching magazines is the least likely reason....unless the mangaka is pregnant.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mindless speculation on my part. Pay it no mind. I'm fully aware it won't switch magazines, just goofing off a little.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I tried looking at the time when Death Note got 4 CP in a row..... but its a bit confusing.
first of, this source ->http://jump.heavy.jp/bv.htm
tells me that it got CP on 2005, issue 17~20.
but then, this source -> http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/2005/jump0520.html
tells me DN was on hiatus for issue 17-19, because that was when the first arc ended (with L dying...spoiler :D) and on issue 20, Death Note came back with the second arc.

but this doesn't really make sense does it? Death Note was on hiatus for issue 17 ~ 19, but got color pages???????

also, it is also around the time Death Note was licensed to VIZ..... not that it would really matter to Japan.

so i don't know. maybe Reborn is going on hiatus too? :D
the future arc is far from being over though....

its probably something else.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

@ruggia, an interesting finding! Hoping someone would post more details about it.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

People are speculating that it's a reborn movie, though is the anime really doing that well to warrant it? In any case, I'm crossing my fingers for a musical or live-action adaptation (cgi reborn ftw XD)
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If Akaboshi survives next round again, I hope the editors don't start new battle manga for a while. We already have enough battle manga, I think we don't need another one. I rather see another sport series or detective series.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1583800 said:
People are speculating that it's a reborn movie, though is the anime really doing that well to warrant it? In any case, I'm crossing my fingers for a musical or live-action adaptation (cgi reborn ftw XD)
Poor ratings have never stopped the anime industry! Not that I'm sure Reborn has low ratings by morning anime standards. DVD sales are around the same as Bleach. An animated movie sounds reasonable.
 

wingman32x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Bad news for Ane Doki this week, huh? I was kind of dissapointed to see it in the bottom 5 again, but I think it's safe for now though. Also, judging by this week's chapter, the plot seems to have started to take off, so I think that will help the rankings. After the money issue was resolved, Ane Doki pretty much went into mindless ecchi for about 5-6 chapters, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do too well from here on out.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I can't remember Death Note having 4 color pages in a row.. but then again, I can't remember Death Note being on hiatus for 4 weeks either, haha.

A Reborn! Movie adaption indeed sounds reasonable.

By the way, did they even announce the Reborn! anime special in the manga?
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm really hoping for a Reborn! movie. I mean it's past 140 episodes already...
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Oh come on, not even a movie could justify four consecutive weeks of colourpages :blink that's extremly abnormal imo (not even Naruto, One Piece or the likes got that once, right?) IF it'll happen at all ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top