Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Pre - orders can be called an early indicator. While one can draw few conclusions about how many copies will be sold one can determine demand. Clearly there is more demand for Medaka Box. More people have been willing to part with their money before they were actually able to own than were willing to for Akeboshi. Considering how low Akaboshi is it would not surprise me if it misses the top thirty altogether. Considering Medaka in relation to Mago, Reborn, and Toriko there is a possibility it could rank as high as the top fifteen.
 

Majin_Reid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
お待たせ~

Issue 36 - 2009 (NOT CURRENT)



It's been a while since I've posted a scan, but now I'm in Japan and I JUST bought a scanner. So expect HQ weekly cover scans... WITH the (IMO) oh so important spine. Here is a fill that I did of issue 36.

In case you gave a shit about the 1996 scans I was doing, those are put on hold as I didn't bring them to Japan.

I also have some surprise covers coming up. :tem So look forward to that.... or not.

If you have any scanner advice or criticism, please send it my way.


Moderator Notice:
Updated #36 Thank you!~ I'm_Akiyama
 
Last edited:

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

hei i check the amazon links provided here to follow the sales ranking in real time (keep refreshing lol) curious.

At this time Medaka vol 1 is #162, Akaboshi vol 1 is #839.

I wonder what is the actual sales figures. Like what is the gap between #2000-ish to #800-ish.
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: お待たせ~

Issue 36 - 2009 (NOT CURRENT)



It's been a while since I've posted a scan, but now I'm in Japan and I JUST bought a scanner. So expect HQ weekly cover scans... WITH the (IMO) oh so important spine. Here is a fill that I did of issue 36.

In case you gave a shit about the 1996 scans I was doing, those are put on hold as I didn't bring them to Japan.

I also have some surprise covers coming up. :tem So look forward to that.... or not.

If you have any scanner advice or criticism, please send it my way.


Moderator Notice:
Updated #36 Thank you!~ I'm_Akiyama
Thanks a lot!
I'll be expecting to see those covers, specially the old ones.

I've been trying to find or make an archive of all the old covers(1990~2005) of WSJ in High Quality, but didn't have much luck so far...

Can't wait to see what you have for us WSJ fans XD
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I love the cover to Mago drama CD, but I don't think that's the finished cover, Drama CD usually has more elaborate cover. BTW, the raw for jump are a bit late today isn't it?
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

hei i check the amazon links provided here to follow the sales ranking in real time (keep refreshing lol) curious.

At this time Medaka vol 1 is #162, Akaboshi vol 1 is #839.

I wonder what is the actual sales figures. Like what is the gap between #2000-ish to #800-ish.
I'm doing the same thing here lol.
Now Akaboshi is just a little below #1000... it's just like I said, it keeps going up and down. Not to say #800 is a good number but hey, at least it's not below the 1000s all the time.

Is there any chance there aren't many people buying it because it was put under the Boys Love cathegory? :P
(just kidding, but seriously, what the hell were they thinking)
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: お待たせ~

Thanks a lot!
I'll be expecting to see those covers, specially the old ones.

I've been trying to find or make an archive of all the old covers(1990~2005) of WSJ in High Quality, but didn't have much luck so far...

Can't wait to see what you have for us WSJ fans XD
That would be awesome if someone kept those old magazines around but unless they are a die hard Shonen Jump fan like myself and never throw away the magazines then I dont see that happening. I would love to see some of the covers from the 1980s when Dragonball was running.
 

Majin_Reid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
More Covers

2009 - Issue 36 (Better Image)


2009 - Issue 43


Here is a better version of that issue 36 I posted earlier. This one is not as bright and more similar to the actual colors of the cover. I also cleaned the spine and some of the front. Please replace the previous one with this version.

More to come soon, including that issue 42 that is missing.


That would be awesome if someone kept those old magazines around but unless they are a die hard Shonen Jump fan like myself and never throw away the magazines then I dont see that happening. I would love to see some of the covers from the 1980s when Dragonball was running.
That's what a store in Japan called Mandarake is for. A few of those 1980s Dragonball covers.... just wait a little while. ;)

Moderator Notice:
Updated issue 43! Thanks!!~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I could contribute a fair number of 04 covers if they are needed...but my scanner ain't that great. Nevertheless, if there's demand I'd get down to business this weekend. : )
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I love the cover to Mago drama CD, but I don't think that's the finished cover, Drama CD usually has more elaborate cover. BTW, the raw for jump are a bit late today isn't it?
I like it, something manga/anime related that shows a little restraint ;)
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Another update on Amazon's pre-order ranks:

Medaka Box 1-128

Akaboshi 1-........521

How is it even possible that something oscillates so much in a single day? That's it, I'm not following these numbers anymore. :P
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

You're rigth it's to unstable to be trustable we will need to wait until actual sellings start to be sure about the situation.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

For we have this oscillation, probably the numbers are small. This way, any single pre-order makes a high difference.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Judging the future of a manga on a vol. 1's sales is a dangerous prospect. Considering that the series isn't established yet and things are always changing, it really isn't something I rather follow too seriously. (BTW: for whomever was asking about first volumes of the '04 series, I remember based on S-Manga...when it was still running...that Gintama didn't even make the top 20 Shueisha series with it's vol. 1...then again, Reborn and D.gray did.)
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

^Don't forget Mago and Toriko, both sold high from the beginning like reborn and D.gray
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

How well does Jaguar sell by the way? I've always wondered about that That, and the fact that there is no anime when Gag Manga Biyori has one.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

After Jaguar's Live-Action Movie and Flash Series, it actually got an Anime Movie in January of this year, with an simultaneous release of an straight-to-DVD OVA

At least, that's what I remember. About the sales.. I have no clue.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

How well does Jaguar sell by the way? I've always wondered about that That, and the fact that there is no anime when Gag Manga Biyori has one.
Just a little under 150k per volume, iirc.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

By gag manga standards Jaguar is a best seller.

Volume one is only worthwhile as a bench mark. Most of the new hits have all started out in the same range, 30 - 60,000 copies in the first week. Bakuman is an exception, since it was by such a famous duo it started out much higher than any of the other new series. There are exceptions, of course, a few current series started out lower but caught some breaks in the TOC. Psyren comes to mind, consistantly having multiple series that polled lower.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top