Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

user216

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

jump wants variety and they'll continue favoring a sports series. although i really liked double arts, there's too much competition in that genre;hoping his new work does better.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm looking forward to the new work of Sugita Naoya, I really liked Zan. I felt bad it was cancelled back then.
WHOA WHOA WHOA! I'm not the only person who liked Zan?!

What a good day to return!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I'm not the only person who liked Zan?!

What a good day to return!
LOL...I remember you going on and on about it a couple years ago. It had character, but I thought as a whole it lacked something.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Wajima's gone. No shocker there. Don't really feel anything at all for it. Medaka is pretty low, it will probably end up going next round if it doesn't pull itself up soon. Shinigami tanks and rilienthal pulls outta the bottom...did not see that coming but good for the talking dog.

And Kuroko is low once again, its not a bad series; its interesting enough to where I'll read it when scans are available, but there is nothing that makes me just really like it like some other series. I honestly don't care if it stays or goes though I would love for another sports series to show up soon.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I hope Shinigami rises. From what I've seen its a pretty entertaining manga, not to mention it has an awesome art style. To be honest I haven't read Rilienthal yet so I can't tell why it ranked higher than Shinigami. Maybe I should read it now?

As for the Kuroko colour spread whoring, I'm not as offended as most people, but it definitely has more colour pages than it deserves. I'm not sure but I think Psyren and Sket Dance have ranked better than it recently, yet they haven't had as many colours as Kuroko. Mago hasn't either and its ranking has been great these past weeks.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It would seem Jump for the often ends the a bunch of mangas it plans to end on the last issues of the year. Anyone else noticed?
Akaboshi was issue 49, Kagijin was issue 50, Wajimania is 51...

Last year, Barihaken was canceled in 52 and Chagecha in 49.

They cancel other stuff at other parts of the year, but they do tend to have a lot at the end issues. End issues as in like 49-52, not actually end of the year which are like 1-5.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I'm not the only person who liked Zan?!

What a good day to return!
Of course! Zan was a great series, well, room of improvement was there, but it was still a great series. I was disappointed it got canceled so fast.

And Kuroko is low once again, its not a bad series; its interesting enough to where I'll read it when scans are available, but there is nothing that makes me just really like it like some other series. I honestly don't care if it stays or goes though I would love for another sports series to show up soon.
I have this feeling Kuroko might go when another sport series shows up and does well in the sales department and in the ToC.

It's an enjoyable read, it's not a great series, but it's not that bad either. But just like you I wouldn't mind if it stays or goes. But then again, I have that with a lot of Jump series at the moment. :p
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It would seem Jump for the often ends the a bunch of mangas it plans to end on the last issues of the year. Anyone else noticed?
Akaboshi was issue 49, Kagijin was issue 50, Wajimania is 51...

Last year, Barihaken was canceled in 52 and Chagecha in 49.

They cancel other stuff at other parts of the year, but they do tend to have a lot at the end issues. End issues as in like 49-52, not actually end of the year which are like 1-5.
Generally all magazines like to introduce new series for issue 1. As the start of the fiscal year/new subscriber period they make sure something special is included. For Jump that means cancellations in the last few issues. Jump is relatively predictable the rest of the year; eight to ten weeks between new series. I've found most other anthologies are much more unpredictable.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Good news:



To be clear, that's V27 comes out 12/25 and re-serialization starts 1/4 in Jump combined issue 5-6 2010. So... there ya go. That rumor was right it seems.
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

oh wow. Togashi is finally coming back already?
so how is this gonna work? I'm guessing the spot for Waji is going to be filled with something new in issue #1, so I'm assuming one of the current manga will get axed.
it seems like Medaka is the best candidate for now, unless Rilienthal or Hokenshitsu do really bad in the next few weeks.
hmm issue 4 is a bit too early for Neko Wappa to get axed right?
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hunter x Hunter's back!! Hell ya!!!! lol Wajima is clearly not enough room for Hunter x Hunter so I'm pretty sure something else will get canceled. Probably Medaka Box if I had to guess right now.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Took him long enough to finish the Monster Hunter game! Tss, amateur.

But crap, now there's a reason why I have to get up-to-date with the crappy manga again.


T_____T
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

took him long enough.... oh crap i'm genuinely excited.

*dances around*
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

took him long enough.... oh crap i'm genuinely excited.

*dances around*
btw. why was he on hiatus for so long?
was it an illness or something like that?
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Awesome news. The second best manga in Jump is coming back. I'll have to re-read the last batch of chapters in order to get prepared for this.

btw. why was he on hiatus for so long?
was it an illness or something like that?
Dragon Quest IX. :p
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If new chapters are coming out from issue 6 this means there's a possibility of new OVAs for Hunter x Hunter right?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

*yawn*

Great, disappear for a year after 10 mediocre chapters like last time. Too bad Togashi can't move to a less frequent magazine if he doesn't want to write so much. I wish Jump would stop pampering him.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Togashi's back, but for how long? 10 chapters maybe? Anyway, I hope he finally ends the Chimera Ant arc just so we can get new OVAs.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It doesn't say for how long HXH is coming back for, but seeing as how the last 3 were all 10 chapters, probably 10 chapters. That's usually announced with the first issue of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top