Mag Talk - Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021) | Page 104 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Umaru is definitely an exception. The series as a whole is pretty divisive; both the "love it" and "hate it" sides are pretty vocal. However, it sells well taking the subject matter into consideration, and definitely moves merchandise. I'm not sure what the first season's sales were like, but I've even seen people who don't watch anime or read manga with Umaru merchandise just because the hamster form is cute or sharing "this is so me" type memes on social media.

I agree about a Kaguya anime being inevitable. Its popularity is increasing at a pretty good pace, plus I see its old volumes reappearing in the Top 500 daily sales pretty often. Plus, isn't it getting a booth at Jump Festa this year?

Also, I don't read it, but I can't imagine starting out at 314 is good for the fate of Rin to Cheer.
I'm not sure if Kaguya is getting a booth at Jump Festa, maybe someone else knows?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure if Kaguya is getting a booth at Jump Festa, maybe someone else knows?
Looks like it is according to this tweet I found from last month.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Actually, does anyone know if having a booth increases chances for an announcement? I know that having a stage event drastically increases the chances of an anime announcement.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Looks like it is according to this tweet I found from last month.
OK, thanks, I only saw your post after I posted the part about booths and their correlation to an anime.

Ninjaz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
On December 17th, 1:20pm(JST), Kaguya-sama is having a 'Stage Event', and Akasaka will be having an autograph session. (Not Super Stage or anything)

At least, from my perspective, it increases the chances of an anime adaptation a lot. Even if it's not yet, it just proves that YJ has focus on it. (As they should, considering its success anyways.)

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard to say this with a straight face but I came across Kunoichi no Ichi first scanned 8 chapters and it was actually, like entertaining. Tits and crotch shots as all outdoors (lol) but after the first 4 chapters I found myself wanting to follow the story more than fanservice, shoutout to the characters.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
On December 17th, 1:20pm(JST), Kaguya-sama is having a 'Stage Event', and Akasaka will be having an autograph session. (Not Super Stage or anything)

At least, from my perspective, it increases the chances of an anime adaptation a lot. Even if it's not yet, it just proves that YJ has focus on it. (As they should, considering its success anyways.)
Cool, this is really promising, I agree this increases the chances that an anime will get announced soon. Are there any other Shuieisha titles that have similar events like this one but don't have an anime yet?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard to say this with a straight face but I came across Kunoichi no Ichi first scanned 8 chapters and it was actually, like entertaining. Tits and crotch shots as all outdoors (lol) but after the first 4 chapters I found myself wanting to follow the story more than fanservice, shoutout to the characters.
You just made me do the exact same thing lol. I went back a few pages in this thread and saw that it recently ended, but it said Part 1. Did they announce a Part 2 or sequel or something along those lines already?

Last edited:

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
In recent memory, only Uratarou had a part 2 come after part 1, and both were quite short-lived. At this point, it's a euphemism for cancellation.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
In recent memory, only Uratarou had a part 2 come after part 1, and both were quite short-lived. At this point, it's a euphemism for cancellation.
Darn. Well that's a bummer to hear. Hopefully Part 1 had a good ending and not some dramatic cliffhanger.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Young Jump #52:
Usogui (Lead CP)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Kingdom
Bungo
Diner
Motoyan
Rin to Cheer (CP)
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Snack Basue
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Oneshot
Retort Pouch! (CP)
Rikudou
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Bathroom no Pepen
Finder (CP)
Tamata
Oneshot
Helvetica
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! (END)

Golden Kamuy (Absent)

Issue 53:
Lead CP: 7's (New Series by Shinman GP 2017 Contestant)
CPs: Oyayubi Hime (Oneshot by Jun Mayuzuki (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni)), Golden Kamuy (Resume, New Arc Start), Helvetica
New Series: Himouto! Umaru-chan G + new miniseries
Darn. Well that's a bummer to hear. Hopefully Part 1 had a good ending and not some dramatic cliffhanger.
The ending actually was so conclusive I don't know how it can continue without starting fresh.
The boy returns to the real world.
It got kind of dramatic and edgy halfway through so not sure if I'd look forward to more.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue 53:
Lead CP: 7's (New Series by Shinman GP 2017 Contestant)
CPs: Oyayubi Hime (Oneshot by Jun Mayuzuki (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni)), Golden Kamuy (Resume, New Arc Start), Helvetica
New Series: Himouto! Umaru-chan G + new miniseries

The ending actually was so conclusive I don't know how it can continue without starting fresh.
The boy returns to the real world.
It got kind of dramatic and edgy halfway through so not sure if I'd look forward to more.
Looks like there's a lot of interesting stuff happening in Issue 53. The new Umaru is back (yay!), a new series that I'll have to look into, and a miniseries as well. I wonder what that will be about.

Concerning Kunoichi no Ichi, that does seem like a super conclusive ending. Not usually a fan of things that take an unnecessarily gritty, edgy turn partway through, but if done well could be alright. Needless to say, it definitely sounds like it's concluded for good.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@BanzaiMang you read raws? Cause I only found volume 1 scanned. I like Nagisa a lot more than I thought I would so if it’s dropped rip small chest

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue 53 Preview

@BanzaiMang you read raws? Cause I only found volume 1 scanned. I like Nagisa a lot more than I thought I would so if it’s dropped rip small chest
I looked through Korean scans: http://www.marumaru.in/b/manga/132172

There might be a Part 2 coming since the author said it was the end of the first part on his Twitter himself but then again Zetman and Kakuriyo Monogatari both announced a "Part 2" and there hasn't been any word since.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue 53 Preview

I looked through Korean scans: http://www.marumaru.in/b/manga/132172

There might be a Part 2 coming since the author said it was the end of the first part on his Twitter himself but then again Zetman and Kakuriyo Monogatari both announced a "Part 2" and there hasn't been any word since.
Yeah, that last chapter definitely looked wrapped up to me. It looks like things would have to start up with a brand new plot, which could be interesting if done properly. I guess now we'll wait and see if Part 2 will actually happen or not.

XtrnlArdent

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
God, another colour page for Helvetica, they're trying to push it so hard but it doesn't seem to pay off. I don't know how cancellations work for YJ but I see another Part 1 (END) soon.

puppeto4

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Anybody know what actually happened with Terraformars? Did something happened between the author and mangaka?

puppeto4

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
That's.. worrying. It's like there is trend of jump mangaka getting sick since Oda started taking break regularly.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Young Jump/Ultra Jump Stage Events (Jump Festa 2018)
http://www.jumpfesta.com/shueisha/yjuj/
Dec 16th
- 10:30-11am - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
- 11:50-12:20 - Houshin Engi
- 1:20-2:45pm - Shiro Miwa (RWBY, Dogs/Bullets and Carnage) Draws Live and Autograph Session
- 4-4:30pm - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Dec 17th
- 10-10:30am - Himouto! Umaru-chan
- 11:40-12:10 - Golden Kamuy
- 1:20-2:45pm - Aka Akasaka (Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To) Stage Event + Autograph Session
- 4-4:30pm - Young Jump Special Talk

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Young Jump/Ultra Jump Stage Events (Jump Festa 2018)
http://www.jumpfesta.com/shueisha/yjuj/
Dec 16th
- 10:30-11am - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
- 11:50-12:20 - Houshin Engi
- 1:20-2:45pm - Shiro Miwa (RWBY, Dogs/Bullets and Carnage) Draws Live and Autograph Session
- 4-4:30pm - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Dec 17th
- 10-10:30am - Himouto! Umaru-chan
- 11:40-12:10 - Golden Kamuy
- 1:20-2:45pm - Aka Akasaka (Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To) Stage Event + Autograph Session
- 4-4:30pm - Young Jump Special Talk
I always love to see more Umaru, but that almost triple-length block for Kaguya has me super hyped. If we get Kaguya and Yuragi anime adaptation in the same season, I'll be so insanely happy

Status
Not open for further replies.