Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Liar Game Bunko Edition vol.01 & 02 will be out december 18. So serie will resume in this occasion? (Normaly serie should resume this winter).
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's odd that it's getting bunkobans. It's only 15 volumes long and it's not finished...
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 52:
Real (Cover, Lead CP)
Terra Formars
Tokyo Ghoul
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
Hamatora
Nejimaki Kagyuu (CP)
Kamen Teacher Black
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Bakumatsu Gurentai
Gunjou Senki
Beshari Gurashi
Heeeesei Policemen!!
WxY
Samurai Soldier
Usogui
Grand Slam
81 Diver
Mongrel
Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin (End)
Nipongo
Rozen Maiden
Purple Shikibu (One Shot)

Kingdom, Innocent, Kakuriyo Monogatari (Absent)

Real


Nejimaki Kagyuu


Issue 1:
Lead CP: Gokukoku no Brynhildr
CP: Destroy and Revolution
Absent: Kamen Teacher Black
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I have to say, despite it being a lot less high impact than his usual work Nakayama did a nice job with the Nejimaki color page. Though hasn't it been getting color pages quite often lately?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I have to say, despite it being a lot less high impact than his usual work Nakayama did a nice job with the Nejimaki color page. Though hasn't it been getting color pages quite often lately?
Young Jump usually gets color page if there is something released for the series. For Nejimaki, it recently released new volumes and it was put it as a cover for Young Jump Seed. I believe that's why.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Young Jump usually gets color page if there is something released for the series. For Nejimaki, it recently released new volumes and it was put it as a cover for Young Jump Seed. I believe that's why.
Yeah I thought that was it. Still that's pretty frequent. Sadly I still don't think it's enough for Nejimaki to get an anime or at least some sort of attention, but I'm glad it's not being cancelled at least. I sure hope Nakayama is going to release a book of his art for the series sooner or later.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Sadly I still don't think it's enough for Nejimaki to get an anime or at least some sort of attention, but I'm glad it's not being cancelled at least.
Not too sure. Because of Mushibugyo, I think Nejimaki's animation is pretty possible. Hack, I feel like Young Jump isn't really a pure seinen magazine; I feel like Young Jump is either shounen-ish seinen magazine or seinen-ish shounen magazine. So, I think this makes it possible for getting an anime.

I sure hope Nakayama is going to release a book of his art for the series sooner or later.
Isn't the illustration book for the famous author? I don't think Nakayama is popular enough to get the illustration book.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Young Jump usually gets color page if there is something released for the series. For Nejimaki, it recently released new volumes and it was put it as a cover for Young Jump Seed. I believe that's why.
Did it get a color page in Young Jump to advertise the Seed chapter? I don't remember, but it would seem kind of excessive if they did... The Seed chapter had really nice art though, especially the color page. Might actually read the series at some point, since it was pretty much the only thing in Seed that I was even close to being able to read without furigana. One thing I've been wondering about color pages, though; could the amount that a series gets have anything to do with the author's willingness to draw color in the first place? I have a feeling that regardless of a series' popularity, the ones that should get color are the ones whose authors actually have time to draw them.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Did it get a color page in Young Jump to advertise the Seed chapter?
Yes, it did.

One thing I've been wondering about color pages, though; could the amount that a series gets have anything to do with the author's willingness to draw color in the first place? I have a feeling that regardless of a series' popularity, the ones that should get color are the ones whose authors actually have time to draw them.
They draw a color page because the editors tell them to draw.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Not too sure. Because of Mushibugyo, I think Nejimaki's animation is pretty possible. Hack, I feel like Young Jump isn't really a pure seinen magazine; I feel like Young Jump is either shounen-ish seinen magazine or seinen-ish shounen magazine. So, I think this makes it possible for getting an anime.
Well while I think Nakayama's art style doesn't lend itself well to animation anyway, I was more referring to the fact that after nearly three years of serialization it hasn't even gotten a Vomic. If there was any interest in doing an anime I'd think we'd know by now. As long as Nakayama gets to tell his entire story as he sees fit, I don't mind if it never gets an anime. That would just be a bonus.

You know I think that WYJ does sort of blur the line of Shounen and seinen. Same for some of Satoshi Mizukami's works. They seem to run in seinen mags but would make pretty decent shounen. In fact there are a lot of Seinen series like Kagyuu that have shounen vibes despite being in seinen magazines. To be honest though WYJ is the only seinen mag I read so...



Isn't the illustration book for the famous author? I don't think Nakayama is popular enough to get the illustration book.
A guy can dream.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Did it get a color page in Young Jump to advertise the Seed chapter? I don't remember, but it would seem kind of excessive if they did... The Seed chapter had really nice art though, especially the color page. Might actually read the series at some point, since it was pretty much the only thing in Seed that I was even close to being able to read without furigana. One thing I've been wondering about color pages, though; could the amount that a series gets have anything to do with the author's willingness to draw color in the first place? I have a feeling that regardless of a series' popularity, the ones that should get color are the ones whose authors actually have time to draw them.
I sorta think it depends on the author's notoriety. While Kaizou isn't wrong per se, I can imagine a famous author who also despises drawing color pages declining to, or just being too busy. Nakayama seems to like drawing them and the editors of WYJ like telling him to so it works out.

Now you've got me intrigued for the Seed chapter. I've wanted to read it since it seems to be a prequel for the series as a whole, but if you're saying the art is nice too then now it's shot up to 'must read' status. I do hope it'll be included in the next volume or something.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You know I think that WYJ does sort of blur the line of Shounen and seinen. Same for some of Satoshi Mizukami's works. They seem to run in seinen mags but would make pretty decent shounen. In fact there are a lot of Seinen series like Kagyuu that have shounen vibes despite being in seinen magazines. To be honest though WYJ is the only seinen mag I read so...
I read most of Young Jump series I think most of them are pretty suitable for Jump SQ and Shounen Magazine; not just Kagyuu, Terra Formars, Tokyo Ghoul, Kakuriyo Monogatari, 81 Diver, Kamen Teacher Black, and others are kind of like seinen-ishi shounen series. I kind of feel like Grand Jump is actual pure seinen series in Shueisha.

But, as same as you, Young Jump is only seinen magazine I read as well. So, I may be wrong.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I read most of Young Jump series I think most of them are pretty suitable for Jump SQ and Shounen Magazine; not just Kagyuu, Terra Formars, Tokyo Ghoul, Kakuriyo Monogatari, 81 Diver, Kamen Teacher Black, and others are kind of like seinen-ishi shounen series. I kind of feel like Grand Jump is actual pure seinen series in Shueisha.

But, as same as you, Young Jump is only seinen magazine I read as well. So, I may be wrong.
I've been trying to get into Sunday GX due to the fact that I like Weekly Sunday and Monthly Sunday (Shounen), but it's hard to find raws for the series. On topic though, I guess WYJ is kind of a bridge between Shounen and true seinen?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been trying to get into Sunday GX due to the fact that I like Weekly Sunday and Monthly Sunday (Shounen), but it's hard to find raws for the series. On topic though, I guess WYJ is kind of a bridge between Shounen and true seinen?
I think Young Jump is more seinen than what I'd really consider a "bridge" magazine. I'd say Comic Alive and Young Ace would be closer to being in between the two genres since those both have lots of series that seem to be aimed toward a younger audience (I think a few series in YA are actually from Shounen Ace). Plus they both have furigana, which is pretty much a godsend for people trying to move up to more mature series. Grand Jump and Grand Jump Premium are definitely more seinen than Young Jump, though.

Back to being slightly off-topic, I think Sunday GX has been getting share raws for quite some time now on certain sites. I haven't seen Young Jump Seed share raws anywhere, but if you really want to read the special, I'll just say that I bought the magazine for a certain reason anyway. Probably shouldn't go more into that here, though.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
On topic though, I guess WYJ is kind of a bridge between Shounen and true seinen?
Well, I'm not too sure. My thought is like this:

Saikyou Jump (pure child) → Shounen Jump (pure shounen) → Jump SQ. (seinen-ishi shounen) → Young Jump/Ultra Jump (shounen-ishi seinen) → Grand Jump (pure seinen)
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, I'm not too sure. My thought is like this:

Saikyou Jump (pure child) → Shounen Jump (pure shounen) → Jump SQ. (seinen-ishi shounen) → Young Jump/Ultra Jump (shounen-ishi seinen) → Grand Jump (pure seinen)
I should read Grand Jump just to see if I like it. Though it took me a while to warm up to WYJ beside Nejimaki. Now I generally like most of the mag. I guess it helped that I started to force myself to read non furigana'd series so I could practice translating Nejimaki.

I think Young Jump is more seinen than what I'd really consider a "bridge" magazine. I'd say Comic Alive and Young Ace would be closer to being in between the two genres since those both have lots of series that seem to be aimed toward a younger audience (I think a few series in YA are actually from Shounen Ace). Plus they both have furigana, which is pretty much a godsend for people trying to move up to more mature series. Grand Jump and Grand Jump Premium are definitely more seinen than Young Jump, though.

Back to being slightly off-topic, I think Sunday GX has been getting share raws for quite some time now on certain sites. I haven't seen Young Jump Seed share raws anywhere, but if you really want to read the special, I'll just say that I bought the magazine for a certain reason anyway. Probably shouldn't go more into that here, though.
I agree with you on Young ace. I read Blood Lad in there and am surprised despite being a 'Young' magazine that it has furigana. I wonder what the deal is with that? I've never read Comic Alive though.

I'll look for GX raws, and hope that the Nejimaki chapter ends up in a volume at some point. I'm not dying to read it, though it would be nice. I've been trying not to download online raws for Nejimaki since I intend on buying like six volumes at once around Christmas time, but It's gotten me curious as to how long the series could go? At least in the last chapter I read two months ago, it looks like they're visiting the past of a certain someone....
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I should read Grand Jump just to see if I like it.
If you are interested in pure adult's life (like focusing a certain professions :mono or interested on drinking cocktail :cheez), then you should try reading Grand Jump.

For me, I still want to keep my shounen spirit. :kamina
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
If you are interested in pure adult's life (like focusing a certain professions :mono or interested on drinking cocktail :cheez), then you should try reading Grand Jump.

For me, I still want to keep my shounen spirit. :kamina
:kamina Shounen all the way. To quote Gintoki, 'I'll always be a boy at heart'. Though I am curious as to what a 'real' seinen mag is. I'll read it just to see I guess.

That being said, I think it's actually cool that WYJ is an 'almost' seinen magazine. (Though there are some series that are more seinen-ish than others in it.) To be honest I don't really see Nejimaki fitting in any other magazine. It's got a shounen constitution, but it's really out there...more so than shounen audiences may be able to accept.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top