Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So, looking back several pages, I noticed that Innocent is dead last in every ToC except obviously when it was absent and got a color page...Is this series not well received? I've only read 2 volumes, but I think it's awesome so far.
I'm not really too sure about Innocent. Maybe it is getting same treatment as Jaguar (from Shounen Jump)?
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Young Jump isn't as harsh as Shounen Jump, so they not going to axe Mongrel right away.

But, if Mongrel keeps having poor ranking and low tank sale, then they going to axe Mongrel. Plus, Young Jump going to start another sports series soon and it looks like it possibly going to be same sports genre in Mongrel, so it is even more bad news for it.
Dang.... Ill welcome the new sports just hope its not at Mongrel's expense.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yuriko Noguchi will start new serie in april.
Based on the brief explanation about the series, I think she most likely going to serialize the one shot which she did for Ultra Jump.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Innocent's gotten promoted quite a bit, so YJ is clearly happy with it. It's a niche audience it caters to which I think they like. I dunno why it's always last, might be an "absolved from the rankings" thing. It shows up on the top 500 volumes charts but doesn't rank on the top 50 of the Oricon. They made it a website and stuff: http://youngjump.jp/innocent/ and it's getting a Vomic in March.

Kokou no Hito sold something like 1.2 million in its entirety, so that should be considered a hit. Plus it won that award.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
For Innocence, it's also possible the author gives the manuscripts late. (Supposition). I mean with all the details in his work, I can quite picture him sending in manuscripts late or because he doesn't have enough assistants. I'm only supposing though.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He's got quite a few assistants. There's like a huge list of staff at the end of every volume. It could be the other thing though.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
After reading this week's raw, I sorta think Nejimaki might be coming to an ending soon. Of course this is just speculation on my part, but there really isn't too much more the story can do unless Nakayama decides to intro a new arc with new characters. I recall him saying somewhere that he wants to do something new so maybe it's about that time? I guess I can hope that once it's over it'll get an anime though I still doubt it.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
After reading this week's raw, I sorta think Nejimaki might be coming to an ending soon. Of course this is just speculation on my part, but there really isn't too much more the story can do unless Nakayama decides to intro a new arc with new characters. I recall him saying somewhere that he wants to do something new so maybe it's about that time? I guess I can hope that once it's over it'll get an anime though I still doubt it.
I think it'll depends on the next arc, like Nakamaya can introduce the new enemies from the next arc. However, if the next arc give some sense that the characters going to take on the chairman, then it possibly going to end soon.

---------- Post added January 30, 2014 at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was January 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM ----------

The special poster for Kamen Teacher drawn by the author, himself (I think it is for its upcoming movie).

 
Last edited:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
One Punch-man : 5 volumes : 2,450,000.
Terra Formars : 7 volumes : 6,040,000
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The trailer for upcoming live-adaptation movie of Kamen Teacher:

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Issue 11:
New Series: Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger by Tamaki Vanessa Chihiro

Issue 13:
New Series: Barcelona no Taiyou by Murakami Yoshiyuki (author of Shinyaku Kyojin no Hoshi Hanagata and Rakugomon (both from Weekly Shounen Magazine))

Issue 14:
New Series: Youkai Shoujo by Funatsu Kazuki (author of Curry Naru Shokutaku)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think it'll depends on the next arc, like Nakamaya can introduce the new enemies from the next arc. However, if the next arc give some sense that the characters going to take on the chairman, then it possibly going to end soon.
Huh. I actually skipped a lot of chapters for the previous arc so I didn't know that they didn't already take on the BC. So essentially he and whatever Mori happens to be are the only two things left in the series....as well as Kagyu and Marble's mo---holy crap I think I just figured out something. It'll be interesting to see if I'm right. Just in case though..

What if Mori is Kagyu and Marble's mother?

It could work.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Youkai Shoujo? Seems like the author took a 180 degrees turn from his old series. Nice. Guess that'll make one more series I'll be following in WYJ. But do these new series means some will end before?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Youkai Shoujo? Seems like the author took a 180 degrees turn from his old series. Nice. Guess that'll make one more series I'll be following in WYJ. But do these new series means some will end before?
I believe Youkai Shoujo going to be rom-com/ecchi/action series.

Well, YJ already ended two series (Heeeesei Policemen!! and Rozen Maiden) and three series are in final arc (81 Diver, Samurai Soldier, and Grand Slam). But, I'm not sure those three can end within few chapters.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Preview Picture of Upcoming New Series:
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I believe Youkai Shoujo going to be rom-com/ecchi/action series.

Well, YJ already ended two series (Heeeesei Policemen!! and Rozen Maiden) and three series are in final arc (81 Diver, Samurai Soldier, and Grand Slam). But, I'm not sure those three can end within few chapters.
When counting All You Need is Kill that makes three sinc it'll only be a short-series, meaning they already have their 3 spots in the magazine.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When counting All You Need is Kill that makes three sinc it'll only be a short-series, meaning they already have their 3 spots in the magazine.
Actually, there going to be one more sports series, so that makes four (but Grand Slam going to end soon).
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,446
Reaction score
39,329
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When you talk that this mangas are going to end soon or are in the final arc, is a fact or more like a opinion?
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When you talk that this mangas are going to end soon or are in the final arc, is a fact or more like a opinion?
For Grand Slam, it is announced that it is in final arc.

For 81 Diver and Samurai Soldier, these two are currently in battle with their main antagonist.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
#11 (13/02) :
Tamaki Vanessa Chihiro / Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger (New Serie, Lead Color)
Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Boku Girl (Color)
Hamatora (Absent)

---------- Post added February 03, 2014 at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was February 02, 2014 at 12:05 PM ----------

As expected, Miracle Jump will returns in april.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 10:
Usogui (Lead CP)
Kingdom
Terra Formars
All You Need Is Kill
Gunjou Senki
Boku Girl (CP)
Tokyo Ghoul
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Bakumatsu Gurentai
Samurai Soldier
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Nipongo
81 Diver
Hamatora
Nejimaki Kagyuu
Destroy and Revolution
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
Kakuriyo Monogatari
WxY
Grand Slam
Mongrel
Purple Shikibu (One Shot)
Innocent

Kamen Teacher Black (Absent)

Usogui


Boku Girl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top