Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is that considered popular? I wonder why they havent offered one punch man the chance to go from their to print weekly.
Probably because most of the stuff Murata does with OPM (not sticking to schedule, going back and redoing old chapters with a few changes, 10-page chapters, 100-page chapters, etc.) just wouldn't work in a print magazine.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
its funny what he does. sometimes adding 5 pages after a week or misssing deadlines straight. last time he did a little gif. also I don't know how the online version is formated so he could have expanded pages that wouldn't fit a normal magazine?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is that considered popular? I wonder why they havent offered one punch man the chance to go from their to print weekly.
Not really sure.

For One Punch-man, I think because it going to lose OPM's taste when it moved to the print magazine. When you compared to serialize version and the volume version, Murata has basically redrawn the series (like the fight scene between Saitama and Genos). I think OPM has its own direction for the web version as compared to the print version and the editors may not want to lost that taste.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

The special picture by Sugito Akira (author of Boku Girl):
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Can't wait to see the preview images for Terra Formars. It's one of my favorite series in WYJ, the only one I follow by buying the volumes when they go out...
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
A series that was being serialized in Tonari no Young Jump and Jump LIVE, Mogusa-san, will start serialization in Young Jump on April 10th
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
A series that was being serialized in Tonari no Young Jump and Jump LIVE, Mogusa-san, will start serialization in Young Jump on April 10th
Looks like Kaizou beat you to it last page, but I'm intrigued by this. My knowledge of Tonari is just Hajiman and OPM, but Mogusa-san looks exactly like the sort of series I should be checking out. So shifting it a physical anthology totally does that whole "encouraging new readers" thing. Nice.
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Looks like Kaizou beat you to it last page, but I'm intrigued by this. My knowledge of Tonari is just Hajiman and OPM, but Mogusa-san looks exactly like the sort of series I should be checking out. So shifting it a physical anthology totally does that whole "encouraging new readers" thing. Nice.
True...I didn't see it was already posted, then again, it's a really nice series, read it if you have a chance
But well, I'll add the piece of info that's missing, the first volume (printed not digital) will come out on April 18th
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well now that IS information I'm pleased about. I might have to pick it up in print if what I'm starting to read now is anything to go by.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Since the addition of Mogusa-san, it looks like Young Jump going to have another new series rush on upcoming April.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did the magazine page for the newest issue mention anything on Terraformars anime or its still not out?
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Did the magazine page for the newest issue mention anything on Terraformars anime or its still not out?
still not out

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

-Wxy get special chapter in #16 (20/03).
-Hamatora will became monthly after chapter 11 (will be publishing in #15, march 13).
-Will have a chapter of Real in #13 (27/02).
-Bakumatsu Gurentai will end in #13 (27/02).

 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
-Bakumatsu Gurentai will end in #13 (27/02).

well that's a shame. I mean Motomiya does enough stuff that I won't exactly be missing this one title (especially as I massively fell off of it at the end of last year), but it was refreshing to see alongside the rest of Young Jump's line-up
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thats a nice visual for the anime. Which studio can it be?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top