Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If yiu would've told me Premax would last over a year, I wouldn't believe you.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seems interesting that story has a Dying Girl looking for Immortality , It just might be me but I got samurai Champloo vibes coming from this manga.:zomg
Dying girl who wants to be immortal, and immortal guy who wants to be dead. The plot and art really remind me of Yaotsukumo, which was one of my favorite series, which kind of makes it sad that knowing me I'm probably going to forget to keep reading this.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Dying girl who wants to be immortal, and immortal guy who wants to be dead. The plot and art really remind me of Yaotsukumo, which was one of my favorite series, which kind of makes it sad that knowing me I'm probably going to forget to keep reading this.
And I will keep wavering on translating it. To be fair, I don't want to end up burning out and have two Nejimaki Kagyuu situations on my hands. That aside, I really friggin liked chapter one, so it's looking kind of likely I'll do it eventually.

Brutal.

I guess now we know why Nakayama was looking for assitants. That background game is insane, and fits his mad lineart like a straitjacket.
I was wondering why this series looks so much better than Nejimaki, and that may be one element of it. I think Nakayama found his niche after doing a bunch of urban-ish series. When Nejimaki moved away from urban backgrounds briefly, I wanna say that was when the series looked it's best.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Golden Kamuy 1-7 volumes has 2.2M copies in Print.

Old news but no one had posted it here or at least i didn't see it.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I was wondering why this series looks so much better than Nejimaki, and that may be one element of it. I think Nakayama found his niche after doing a bunch of urban-ish series. When Nejimaki moved away from urban backgrounds briefly, I wanna say that was when the series looked it's best.
Oh, really? I never checked the last few volume raws so that's good to know. Nakayama's art evolution has always been fascinating ever since I discovered him with Traumeister, and I am really looking forward how he will one-up himself again and again in his new serialization.

By the way, what is the setting of Uratarou? Is it an unspecified fantasy Japan period, or the usual Sengoku Jidai fare?

Golden Kamuy 1-7 volumes has 2.2M copies in Print.

Old news but no one had posted it here or at least i didn't see it.
Golden Kamuy never gets old.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Tokyo Ghoul Saga 22 volumes - 20M copies in print




Amazing numbers and its increasing quite fast, last update was 18M not long ago.
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Yoshiyuki Nishi (author of Muhyo to Roji no Mahou-ritsu Soudan Jimusho, Hachi: Tokyo 13-ku) will start a new series in Young Jump.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yoshiyuki Nishi (author of Muhyo to Roji no Mahou-ritsu Soudan Jimusho, Hachi: Tokyo 13-ku) will start a new series in Young Jump.
You have my undivided attention. I can't wait, he is finally coming back.

My reaction:
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I'm just curious to know what it was that got that series in Jump Next canceled in the middle of a volume if it wasn't bad enough to get him to switch publishers for his next series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
hopefully it's a oneshot serialization of this not this
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really enjoy Nishi's art, so I am interested to see what type of story he is doing.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uratarou is getting the cover and center color next week, must be doing pretty well.
That's two for two I am really happy Nakayama finally getting attention I pray Nishi gets the same
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Terra Formars and Usogui both had special chapters with Baki-dou(WSC)
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Urataro is on hiatus this week, which is surprising to me. I don't what to think since this is the first time he took one.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
this magazine have a rotation policy for its line up

most titles takes 1 week off every now and then

Nakayama is probably preparing for the release of the first volume
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top