Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
It's an okay ecchi harem action manga at best, there were some enjoyable parts during the beginning and during SoL parts, and the art is pretty neat.
The serious arcs were boring and stupid though, the main villain group is worse than Central in SnS and it doesn't help that the only characters I enjoyed seeing in the manga were the main girl and 2 others that didn't get much screentime.

(It's like a polar opposite to Tsugumomo from Monthly Action, that one has great serious action arcs and art, but has bad SoL/ecchi comedy chapters and insufferable characters)
Yeah I started to read it for plot but the actual plot turned out good so I kept reading it but then the actual plot got lowkey dry so I just skip through the text now for the plot. If that makes sense. Tsugumomo is so accurate! I love the story, I'm glad I found it while searching
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
#24 Cover :

Helvetica New Series by Tsukiba Shizuka (Story) & Somei Tsumugi (Art) Lead CP :


Minamoto-kun Monogatari & Uratarou, Usogui Color pages :

#24 TOC & #25 Preview :

YJ May volumes release :
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 24:
Helvetica (Lead Color Page, New Series, 58p)
Kingdom
Bungo
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Usogui (Color Page)
Kaori Warning! (24p)
Rikudou
Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To
Kunoichi no Ichi!
Uratarou (Color Page)
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Shiratama-kun
Youkai Shoujo -Monsuga-
Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken
Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Color Page)
Gunjou Senki
That's Why I'm Not an Otaku! (Oneshot)
Motoyan
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
Full Drum
Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau

Golden Kamuy, Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun (Absent)

Issue 25:
Lead Color Page: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
CPs: Rikudou, Minamoto-kun Monogatari (2nd of Consecutive Color), Gunjou Senki
Koi no Hajimari wa Lemon-iro (Miracle Jump Series, Special Chapter)
Absent: Kingdom
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My mission this week is to make sure that they are using Helvetica (the font) in Helvetica's (the series) Lead CP. XP
The art looks nice, maybe I will take a look.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
#24 Cover :

Helvetica New Series by Tsukiba Shizuka (Story) & Somei Tsumugi (Art) Lead CP :


Minamoto-kun Monogatari & Uratarou, Usogui Color pages :

#24 TOC & #25 Preview :

YJ May volumes release :
Whoa, is that a new character in Uratarou? I really should read it weekly...also Helvetica does look pretty nice. Maybe I'll start picking up WYJ...it's about time I started working on reading without furigana and the mangazine seems to have a strong lineup.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I already have a lot of samples on my Kindle to read soon, I just need to find some space. I'm going to read Uratarou soon, this one is already guaranteed.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
for the love of god, keep the old artstyle

don't adapt Fujisaki's new art

it will ruin it, I can't take the characters seriously when they look like anorexic people wearing rainbow colored clown wigs
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Uratarou hype is endless... Do we have any sales data?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was honestly still wondering if Kaguya Darkness was just a joke on the magazine site, but if it's on the cover I guess it's real, this should be fun to see.
The issue was sold out on Amazon too, good thing it's getting a digital release.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's probably sold out because of Love live goods.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
#25 Cover :

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Lead CP :

Rikudou, Minamoto-kun Monogatari & Gunjou Senki Color pages :

#25 TOC

#26 Preview :
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I thought the series in the top right was a special chapter of Koi to Uso for a moment before I realize that it was the wrong magazine. xD
It is from Scum's Wish author? Can we expect something normal this time? XD
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the series in the top right was a special chapter of Koi to Uso for a moment before I realize that it was the wrong magazine. xD
It is from Scum's Wish author? Can we expect something normal this time? XD
It's advertising her moving Retort Pouch to Young Jump after Miracle Jump went on hiatus. She's been serializing Retort Pouch for a few years now, but I'm honestly not sure what it's about so dunno if it's normal or not.
There's also a new chapter of Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou this week, which she does the art for and I'm hyped as hell. Amazing series but not even close to what you're probably looking for.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's advertising her moving Retort Pouch to Young Jump after Miracle Jump went on hiatus. She's been serializing Retort Pouch for a few years now, but I'm honestly not sure what it's about so dunno if it's normal or not.
There's also a new chapter of Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou this week, which she does the art for and I'm hyped as hell. Amazing series but not even close to what you're probably looking for.
I read some chapters of this one and it is also grotesque. I well served with Young Jump line up so it is not a problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top