Considering how long they have waited for this series despite it becoming a pretty big hit like a while ago now, I dont see much reason for them to only do a single cour anyway. But goddamn, the same could yet again be said for most YJ adaptions... Why you gotta have such a bad rep YJ
For once there's a promising staff involved, a new passionate studio that is trying to establish itself a strong identity that is focused on Seinen manga. Since YJ literally messed it all up really badly over the years, can we assume they'll get it right for once besides freaking Umaru? Golden Kamuy also has strong fujo marketing appeal, with a little luck, the anime could become a hit.
Young Jump Issue 11:
Yuryo Shoujo Familien (Lead CP, New Series)
Golden Kamuy
Kunoichi no Ichi! The 2nd
Doroke
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Yoake Ato no Sei
Snack Basue (CP)
Rikudou
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Kingdom
Motoyan (CP)
7's
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Bathroom no Pepen
Diner
Black Night Parade (CP, Series Resume)
Blue Phobia
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Helvetica
Rin to Cheer
Young Jump Issue 12:
Lead CP: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
CPs: Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san, Rikudou, Bungo
Young Jump Issue 11:
Yuryo Shoujo Familien (Lead CP, New Series)
Golden Kamuy
Kunoichi no Ichi! The 2nd
Doroke
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Yoake Ato no Sei
Snack Basue (CP)
Rikudou
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Kingdom
Motoyan (CP)
7's
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Bathroom no Pepen
Diner
Black Night Parade (CP, Series Resume)
Blue Phobia
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Helvetica
Rin to Cheer
Young Jump Issue 12:
Lead CP: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
CPs: Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san, Rikudou, Bungo
I couldn't really understand what Yoake was about from looking at the raw images. I'm pretty interested to see more of Kunoichi's sequel after seeing the first chapter. This is how I figured they'd have to do a sequel:
by bringing the kunoichis to present time! That girl towards the end of the chapter was the main kunoichi with green hair, correct?
Put it in spoiler tags just in case people don't want part 1 spoiled. The scan quality I found was rough, so I'm not 100% sure on everything that happened, but I think I got a decent idea.
Yuryo looks like a group of mostly delinquent girls at.... another restaurant! If so, that'll make 4 series in this magazine where the main setting is an eatery of some sort (not that it really matters). I'm interested to see how this one turns out since the girls' designs look pretty good.
Do we know the name or any more info about the new series premiering in Issue 13 yet? The promo image of it got me pretty curious about what it could be about. I'm assuming that with all these new series starting, a couple ones must me close to ending, unless they just increase the number of series that are absent each week. I could picture Rin to Cheer, Helvetica and maybe Tamata ending somewhat soon.
It's Young Jump's new app they're starting up in a little while (Just says "Coming Spring 2018"). It was revealed around Jan 19th apparently. They mostly just advertise that they'll have certain series on there for free at times like how the Jump Store sometimes does.
But do you think they're gonna finally make a digital Young Jump?
It's Young Jump's new app they're starting up in a little while (Just says "Coming Spring 2018"). It was revealed around Jan 19th apparently. They mostly just advertise that they'll have certain series on there for free at times like how the Jump Store sometimes does.
But do you think they're gonna finally make a digital Young Jump?
Now this I'm looking forward to. I wonder if more series from the magazine will start to get translated, or if general viewership for the magazine as a whole (and subsequently, volume sales) will increase with an easily accessible digital platform.
Also, I just noticed Snack Basue's color page.... Every image I see of this series makes me more curious about what the heck is actually going on in it lol
Uratarou was killed too soon, I hope this mangaka stays at Kodansha for a while, maybe things will work out better. Life in Young Jump ain't worth it, it's way too tough in there.
Just looked up this author. Isn't the manga that she does here have a really irregular release schedule? She should be able to handle both pretty easily if that's the case.
Just looked up this author. Isn't the manga that she does here have a really irregular release schedule? She should be able to handle both pretty easily if that's the case.
Yeah, I think that's the case and who knows, that irregular schedule manga might even end. She's a veteran with a lot of experience, so she would've been fine either way probably.
Yeah, I think that's the case and who knows, that irregular schedule manga might even end. She's a veteran with a lot of experience, so she would've been fine either way probably.
Yeah, who knows with that one. I looked at the raws for the first couple chapters awhile ago, but don't remember much about it. It could always be like that Finder series where it just pops back in every now and then. It looks like when Black Night Parade is coincidentally returning in Issue 11, so I'm guessing it'll be around for at least another volume worth of material before ending or going back on hiatus
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Taking a closer look at some sales info, I'd be surprised if Rin to Cheer isn't the first to go. Its most recent volume made the top 500 chart for like 1 day and that was still below #400. Bathroom's first volume looks like it only stayed in the top 500 for 2-3 days before disappearing, but since that was volume 1, they may let it get to volume 3 or 4 before axing it, depending on the rush and success of these new series. Tamata and Helvetica both experienced significant drops in sales of their most recent and prior volumes, so those look ax-able.
Diner looks to have done pretty well in sales at the very least. Fushigi and Snack's first volumes are coming out within the next 2 weeks, so it's still too early to tell how they'll do, but Fushigi will still probably make at least 3 volumes regardless of how bad the sales are after looking at Rin to Cheer's. All the other newbies still don't have volume release dates yet. Hopefully Young Jump can find a couple more hits after having a series of lukewarm responses and flops.
Young Jump Issue 11:
Yuryo Shoujo Familien (Lead CP, New Series)
Golden Kamuy
Kunoichi no Ichi! The 2nd
Doroke
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Yoake Ato no Sei
Snack Basue (CP)
Rikudou
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Kingdom
Motoyan (CP)
7's
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Bathroom no Pepen
Diner
Black Night Parade (CP, Series Resume)
Blue Phobia
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Helvetica
Rin to Cheer
Young Jump Issue 12:
Lead CP: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
CPs: Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san, Rikudou, Bungo
Well @cody , looks like this answers that question we had earlier today. So now there are 2 monthly series and one irregular serialization. I think that's a nice way to incorporate more series into the magazine without having to end anything.
It lasted longer than I expected, honestly. If you've seen the original oneshot, the first chapter is literally just that with a few panels redrawn and the rest of the series is the main character trying to cope with what she did.
Seems like YJ digital will be available on different bookstore sites too. (As usual with digital mags)
My wallet has been ready for this for a long long time. Bring it on. No more sandpaper looking manga.
Seems like YJ digital will be available on different bookstore sites too. (As usual with digital mags)
My wallet has been ready for this for a long long time. Bring it on. No more sandpaper looking manga.
Thank goodness! I'm super pumped to see how this is going to turn out. I wonder which series (if any) may end up seeing volume sales increases since the weekly magazine would be more accessible to gain fans.
Seems like YJ digital will be available on different bookstore sites too. (As usual with digital mags)
My wallet has been ready for this for a long long time. Bring it on. No more sandpaper looking manga.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.