Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Shoseki first day rankings for new volumes. Surprise, surprise, Douji Gunkan!
#1 Golden Kamuy Volume 18
#6 Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Volume 14
#20 BUNGO Volume 18
#43 Rikudou Volume 22
#52 Douji Gunkan Volume 1 (NEW)
#71 Douji Gunkan Volume 2 (NEW)

#138 AKECHI Volume 3
#156 Satsujin Muzai Volume 2
#171 Hana Matsu Ibara Meguru Haru Volume 4


TOC translation
Golden Kamuy (Lead Color Page)
Kingdom
Bungo
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Kanojo na Yasei ga te ni Oenai
Libidors
Pochi Gokko (Color Page)
Shikabana
Dorokei
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Douji Gunkan
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Color Page)
Batuque
Kawaiisounine, Genki-kun
Maku Musubi
Snack Basue
Kaguya-sama wa Kataritai
Shuttle Eyes (Color Page)
Shadows House
MoMo
Satsujin Muzai
Who I Am (Monthly Series)
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
#30 (27/06) :
Dorokei (End)
That's a surprise to me. Given that it had a live action adaptation so early into its run, I always imagined it was decently popular. Now the gap between the old guard and new blood is being bridged solely by Snack Basue lol.

Shoseki first day rankings for new volumes. Surprise, surprise, Douji Gunkan!
#1 Golden Kamuy Volume 18
#6 Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Volume 14
#20 BUNGO Volume 18
#43 Rikudou Volume 22
#52 Douji Gunkan Volume 1 (NEW)
#71 Douji Gunkan Volume 2 (NEW)

#138 AKECHI Volume 3
#156 Satsujin Muzai Volume 2
#171 Hana Matsu Ibara Meguru Haru Volume 4


TOC translation
Golden Kamuy (Lead Color Page)
Kingdom
Bungo
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Kanojo na Yasei ga te ni Oenai
Libidors
Pochi Gokko (Color Page)
Shikabana
Dorokei
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Douji Gunkan
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Color Page)
Batuque
Kawaiisounine, Genki-kun
Maku Musubi
Snack Basue
Kaguya-sama wa Kataritai
Shuttle Eyes (Color Page)
Shadows House
MoMo
Satsujin Muzai
Who I Am (Monthly Series)
I read the first chapter of Douji Gunkan, and while it's definitely not for me, I'm glad that it seems like something is doing well enough in WYJ. With all of the flops they've had lately, seeing something sell acceptably it kind of just a breath of fresh air. Didn't Momo's first volume get reprinted as well? If I'm remembering correctly, maybe Douji, Momo, Maid, and Kaguya spin-off have what it takes to last a while.
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
That's a surprise to me. Given that it had a live action adaptation so early into its run, I always imagined it was decently popular. Now the gap between the old guard and new blood is being bridged solely by Snack Basue lol.


I read the first chapter of Douji Gunkan, and while it's definitely not for me, I'm glad that it seems like something is doing well enough in WYJ. With all of the flops they've had lately, seeing something sell acceptably it kind of just a breath of fresh air. Didn't Momo's first volume get reprinted as well? If I'm remembering correctly, maybe Douji, Momo, Maid, and Kaguya spin-off have what it takes to last a while.
Also, I think Batuque, Shadows House and Libidors will "survive" and stick around in the magazine some time. Well, Shadows House maybe is a "short" serialization.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Also, I think Batuque, Shadows House and Libidors will "survive" and stick around in the magazine some time. Well, Shadows House maybe is a "short" serialization.
I forgot Batuque was that new. Given the author, I can imagine it lasting for a while regardless of its sales as long as they aren't abysmal. I don't really know anything about Libidors. Has it had a volume release yet, and if so, how'd it do? As for Shadow's House, I think that one's the hardest one to get a peg on. Its chapters are a bit shorter, so maybe it'll get to last longer for that reason. However, since it gets published in full-color online, it also wouldn't surprise me if they just moved it online permanently if they thought it wasn't selling enough to stay in WYJ
 

Blue Rock

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
559
Reaction score
2,777
Country
Turkey

You know first day ranking is not a good way to judge the success of a series, it is unreliable most of the time. But even if we assume it does sell around 10k, it doesn't mean much. There has been a lot of series that did similar or even better than it. Question is can next volume sell that much? That has been the real challenge for wyj new series. So far it doesn't seem like a instant failure, there is a chance it will work, but looking at past examples I am not optimistic about it.
 
Last edited:

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States

You know first day ranking is not a good way to judge the success of a series, it is unreliable most of the time. But even if we assume it does sell around 10k, it doesn't mean much. There has been a lot of series that did similar or even better than it. Question is can next volume sell that much? That has been the real challenge for wyj new series. So far it doesn't seem like a instant failure, there is a chance it will work, but looking at past examples I am not optimistic about it.
This is beyond depressing to look at.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States

You know first day ranking is not a good way to judge the success of a series, it is unreliable most of the time. But even if we assume it does sell around 10k, it doesn't mean much. There has been a lot of series that did similar or even better than it. Question is can next volume sell that much? That has been the real challenge for wyj new series. So far it doesn't seem like a instant failure, there is a chance it will work, but looking at past examples I am not optimistic about it.
Woah there, this is pretty awful to see. We know Made in Hikkomuse has 100k volumes in print after 2 volumes. Even Batuque doesn't seem to be selling all that well, even considering the author's previous work's popularity.
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
Talking about new series..
The first volume of Kawaiisounine, Genki-kun and Maku Musubi will be released on July 19. I don't know what to expect.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Talking about new series..
The first volume of Kawaiisounine, Genki-kun and Maku Musubi will be released on July 19. I don't know what to expect.
Maku Musubi seems to have had a decent online response, but I could never get into it so I’d hate to predict. Poor Genki I actually quite liked so I look forward to it bombing. I’m a curse on YJ series
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Maku Musubi seems to have had a decent online response, but I could never get into it so I’d hate to predict. Poor Genki I actually quite liked so I look forward to it bombing. I’m a curse on YJ series
I heard Maku Musubi is actually a yuri manga?!
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
For SankakuHead fans, this new twitter account looks interesting.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
For SankakuHead fans, this new twitter account looks interesting.
At first I thought it might've been a fan-account since I'm already following both Sankaku Head and the official Made in Hikkomuse and Umaru accounts, however, this account is being followed by Sankaku Head, the Made in Hikkomuse account, and the WYJ account, so I guess it's legit. I find it really interesting that they're also lumping in advertising for Umaru in there. I bet they're trying to get more people who liked Umaru to care about Made in Hikkomuse, but I still want more Umaru for myself lol

Maku Musubi seems to have had a decent online response, but I could never get into it so I’d hate to predict. Poor Genki I actually quite liked so I look forward to it bombing. I’m a curse on YJ series
What is Maku Musubi about exactly? I thought I remember hearing that it was about theater, but that very well could be incorrect
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I heard Maku Musubi is actually a yuri manga?!
What is Maku Musubi about exactly? I thought I remember hearing that it was about theater, but that very well could be incorrect
Yeah I bailed pretty early so things may have changed but it’s mostly just a “my life is transformed by the performing arts” sorta series, with this girl Sakura Tsuchikure joining the school’s theater club. The yuri stuff is... it was kinda there when I was still peeking at it, sure, but didn’t feel like what the series was about. But I mean it’s a Young Jump series with a cast of girls so it’s only gonna be there more and more at this point I’m sure
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
TOC #30 TL
Kawaisounine, Genki-kun (Lead Color Page)
Kingdom
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Bungo
Libidors
Kanojo no Yasei ga Te ni Oenai
Shikabana (Color Page)
Pochi Gokko
Douji Gunkan
Shadows House
Dorokei (END)
Maku Musubi (Color Page)

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Shuttle Eyes
Good Job
Kaguya-sama wa Kataritai
Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Color Page)
Maid in Hikkomuse
Batuque
Tiempo
Snack Basue
Black Night Parade
Satsujin Muzai

#31:
Beshari Gurashi (Lead Color Page, RESUME)
Douji Gunkan (Color Page)
Pochi Gokko (Color Page)
Kanojo no Yasei ga Te ni Oenai (Color Page)
 

Blue Rock

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
559
Reaction score
2,777
Country
Turkey
Oricon Top 50, June 17-23

#3
- Golden Kamuy v18 - 193,715 / 193,715
#22
- Ginga Eiyuu Denstsu v14 - 37,222 / 37,222


Shoseki Ranking, June 17-23

#48
- Bungo v18 - 16,499 / 16,499
#125
- Rikudou v22 - 7,963 / 7,963
#150
- Doujigun Kan v1 - 6,825 / 6,825
#173
- Doujigun Kan v2 - 5,779 / 5,779
#420
- Akechi v3 - 2,440 / 2,440
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
Shuttle Eyes volume 1 will be released on August 19.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Douji Gunkan vol 1 & 2 cover ilustration (clean).
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
TOC #30 TL
Kawaisounine, Genki-kun (Lead Color Page)
Kingdom
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Bungo
Libidors
Kanojo no Yasei ga Te ni Oenai
Shikabana (Color Page)
Pochi Gokko
Douji Gunkan
Shadows House
Dorokei (END)
Maku Musubi (Color Page)

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Shuttle Eyes
Good Job
Kaguya-sama wa Kataritai
Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Color Page)
Maid in Hikkomuse
Batuque
Tiempo
Snack Basue
Black Night Parade
Satsujin Muzai

#31:
Beshari Gurashi (Lead Color Page, RESUME)
Douji Gunkan (Color Page)
Pochi Gokko (Color Page)
Kanojo no Yasei ga Te ni Oenai (Color Page)
Looks like although Dorokei has concluded, they still gave it a respectable final chapter in the middle of the magazine instead of letting it die at the very end, which seems like a pretty common thing lately to happen in WYJ. Has Kawaisounine's first volume come out yet, or is it about to come out soon? Getting the lead CP is pretty nice, and I haven't been able to gather much about what the series' initial reception has been so far.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else read Kanojo no Yasei yet, and if so, what are your impressions on it? The first few chapters seemed decently funny, but I think the odds may be against it really getting big sales-wise
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
Looks like although Dorokei has concluded, they still gave it a respectable final chapter in the middle of the magazine instead of letting it die at the very end, which seems like a pretty common thing lately to happen in WYJ. Has Kawaisounine's first volume come out yet, or is it about to come out soon? Getting the lead CP is pretty nice, and I haven't been able to gather much about what the series' initial reception has been so far.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else read Kanojo no Yasei yet, and if so, what are your impressions on it? The first few chapters seemed decently funny, but I think the odds may be against it really getting big sales-wise
Kawaisounine's first volume on July 19.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Golden Kamuy OVA "Monster" PV.
It will be released with the limited edition of volume 19 on September 19.
You can still pre-order it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Beshari Gurashi color page.
View media item 22898
 
Last edited:

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
One Punch-Man: 20,000,000 copies.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top