Out Top 500
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Out Top 500
Shounen no Abyss #2
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Out Top 500
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Out Top 500
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Out Top 500
Shounen no Abyss #2
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Out Top 500
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
At this point, if/when the series gets animated, it would be weird if KanaHana wasn’t tapped to voice Kubo. I need to hear more, but I think she fits quite nicely.
Out Top 500
Snack Basue #7
Good Job #5 (end)
Rifle is beautiful #6 (end)
"Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya" #9 (end)
Akutoku Reijou 5000 Chou En Musou #2
Momo and Shounen Abyss both seem to keep yoyoing on the edge of the top 500. I guess that's what keeps them around rather than joining the ax gang. Nice to see Kubo and 100 Kanojo doing well, plus their backlogs staying alive nicely too.
After years of never really finding much success in what they’ve been launching, the magazine suddenly gained an influx of hits.
Oshi no Ko and Gantz:E are selling quite well from out the gate, basically guaranteeing that they’ll be sticking around in the near future. 70k and 58k in a month, respectively, are numbers that give this magazine life, IMO. They’re the first two new series to crack the Oricon Top 50 in quite a while, as well!
This feels more expected to me, though, given the current star power of Aka for Oshi no Ko and Gantz:E being a spin-off of a popular franchise. For series like these, I normally expect initially high sales that slowly decline with each volume, like Boruto or Robot x Laserbeam. Then again, it wouldn’t be the first time in a month that such a series defied my expectations.
Regardless, the magazine needed successful series badly and these two contributing so much from the start is very impressive to see.
Kowloon is more interesting in which while it is written by an author with a popular series under their belt, said author is a newbie to Weekly Young Jump. It’s doing pretty well for now, but I feel as if Volume 3’s performance will give more definitive answers on its trajectory. Will it actually grow? Will it continue to be stable? Or will it start taking the plunge? We won’t know until Thanksgiving.
28k in 4 weeks is nothing to slouch out, though, and considering the rest of the magazine, I think that Kowloon is almost guaranteed to stick around even if it starts to suffer a decline.
In my opinion, these two are the real prizes. Both Kubo-san and 100 Kanojo have something that puts them on a different tier than even the previous three manga I talked about: growth. Just look at the differences between Volumes 2 and 3!
At over 30k in a mere 2 weeks, Kubo’s potentially outselling both Kowloon AND Bungo now, solidifying itself as part of the magazine’s future. I honestly didn’t expect Kubo to grow this much because the backlogs didn’t show up much on Shoseki, but I am glad that it’s happening!
100 Kanojo is putting up very promising numbers and is also on pace to potentially outsell Bungo and Kowloon in the next volume or two. Volume 3 sold more in its first three days than Volume 2 did in it’s first 10, and its backlogs are still chugging along and charting away. It really needed that second place Tsugimanga finish, though I honestly thought the boost would be higher. Ah well, as long as it continues I’ll be happy. I’m interested in seeing how well Volume 3 will leg it out.
I’m happy we got a 100 Kanojo color page, but man, I can’t help but think that all the girls with the exception of the Hanazonos look seriously flat. Also, goddamnit, I wanted to see what the maid’s eyes were like in full color. XD
Kubo should have the same print count as 100 Kanojo now? It’s so weird that they have the same print count considering that Kubo seems to sell more. As long as both are doing well and increasing, I’m happy though!
Pretty sure Kubo's outselling Bungo now, which is incredible, and I can see it lasting 5 weeks on Shoseki. 100 Kanojo is showing some good growth thanks to TsugiManga, hopefully it can keep this up! Could see 100 Kanojo lasting 4 weeks, though backlogs are still charting, so maybe it can pull a fifth week out.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.