Guide - Welcome! Translators seeking help. Read this first! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Guide Welcome! Translators seeking help. Read this first!

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Welcome to the Translators' Academy! This main area is for translators like yourself to ask questions or direct people's attention to their translation to get the help they need.

So if you need a help on one or more lines and don't mind waiting a bit for someone to get around to helping you, use this. If you need help ASAP, use IRC.

With that said, thank you for putting your pride aside and being willing to ask fellow translators and proofreaders to help in making sure your translation is of top notch quality! That's respectable alone! Now let's set some ground rules to help make sure things are semi-consistent ;).

Here is the format to hopefully make things easier for people to handle at first glance.

Translators, read the following to optimize the chance you'll get helped.

1) Use a prefix.

Help - Use this prefix if you need help

Done - If you feel your question has been answered, set the prefix to this. If your question has not been answered but the prefix was changed to "done" by a mod, feel free to change it back and clarify what areas you are still unsure about

2) Include as much information as you can in the title.
Your thread title should include the language you need help with, eg [JP] for Japanese, [KR] for Korean, [CH] for Chinese and so on. In addition, include what area you need help with (e.g. kansai-ben, proverb)

An example: [JP] Help with proverb "天に三日の晴れ無し"

3) Getting a translation check or proofreading.
You can get a full translation check here, and a full proofreading here.

4) Wait patiently for someone to help you.
It's better than a rushed answer. If, however, you can't wait and need it ASAP. Use IRC as there will probably be someone available to help you. You can go to the following areas to get help.

#Mangahelpers (The default channel for MH's Java chat.)
#Nihongo (A channel dedicated to those wanting to learn Japanese with people that know quite a bit about the Japanese language.)
or
#Translators (A channel dedicated to helping each other translate)

All of these channels are on irc.irchighway.net

*note*
If I'm around and not busy you can get in touch with me by typing "njt". Do that or send nihonjintaylor / njt a PM and I'll respond if I'm free :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For some reason, when I try to pick "TLC & PR", it kept showing the following error message:

1. Please select an appropriate thread prefix from the drop down list beside the subject field.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

superhero1993

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Hi,
I am a new member, and I would be so happy if I could be on board. actually i am working for a company that needs translating documents, I hope I could increase my skills here!!

Have a nice day!!

killerclownjoker

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi,
Im a new member to this comunity. I would like to learn how to translate and increase my skill here. Please teach me and fell fe to correct me if I made a mistake.

NibbPower

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
Im a new member to this comunity. I would like to learn how to translate and increase my skill here. Please teach me and fell fe to correct me if I made a mistake.
I think you should read this: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/translators-guide-to-mangahelpers.70783/ c:
You'll start off as a trainee, i believe and then each translation submission you do. Someone will be checking them, mostly the higher rank translators will be checking your work.
But if you're starting from scratch, this is the correct area: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/forums/translators-classroom.871/

This thread is just the guide to help you redirect yourself to find what you need to do c: