Question Wendy's "Arms" & "Ile Arms"

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
One thing confuses me about the translation of Wendy's "Arms" & "Ile Arms" spells.
"Ile" means double, which implies that "Ile Arms" doubles the "Arms" spell, which makes sense.

However if we check the Kanji, then these spells are completely different:
剛腕 (Arms)
攻撃力倍化 (Ile Arms)

I don't personally understand japanese, but using google translate, 剛腕 roughly translates into "hardened arms".
Meanwhile if we look at the Kanji of "Ile Arms" (攻撃力倍化), 攻 and 撃 translate to attack and offense, and the 3rd character 力 translates to force, strength, and might, putting the first 3 characters put together literally translates to "Offensive ability or attack". The last 2 characters put together being 倍化 translates to double or twice the amount of something, so putting everything together literally translates to "Double or twice the Offensive Ability or Attack".

So my question is why do the official translations label both of these attacks as variations of the same spells "Arms", when the Kanji itself and its meaning is different.

Does anyone who speaks japanese know the answer to this?

Vis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I usually just ignore what specific enchantments she's using as long as it's her basic ones. It usually just means that she's making herself or others stronger and faster. I don't think it should be made any more complicated than that.