Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I will start working on my print manga backlog, so I just read Assassination Classroom v3
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Well, I'm thinking of catching up with Black Butler. It's been more or less two years since I read a chapter. Back at the time, they had ended the
Hogwarts Arc and they were heading to Germany.
Go on reading it was not in my reading plans, but since I read here good comments about the following developments, I've thought on picking it up again. I just hope we see more development about Ciel's story, though.

On the other hand, I started Akame ga Kill! only because I saw a big hype concerning it last season, thanks to the anime adaptation. Although, after reading four volumes so far, I don't feel it really interesting at all.
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
So I've finally stumbled upon Fukumoto Nobuyuki. His shorta manga seriese buraidan gai, was quite brilliant. perhaps not as polished as the plot and the characters merited, but its still very impressive imo, and i hear that its only his weakest work. looking forward to read more from that guy.
 

Judith Mizell

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 16, 2014
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I just started reading Love Monster. I haven't even finished the first chapter yet. XD
I'm thinking about giving Vampire Knight another chance because I want to read a vampire manga. Or maybe Dance in the Vampire Bund or Blood+. Which one do you think is better/.
 

lolapaolaberry

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
South Korea
Recently i'm trying to escape delay studying by looking through new things on internet so i started to read Trace from NASTY CAT on Spottoon. Seriously it's now on my must read list. The drawing are really good, the story is so thrilling and we got lots of cool supernatural abilities. Really fun overall. And ... another night gone without sleeping :verily

Korean Manhwa and Webcomics keep catching my eye. Different from classic manga style but really refreshing.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Started Dungeon Meshi today. Planning to catch up with Shokugeki no Souma and Jitsu Wa after this.
 

Danmyao Axe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm reading:
Fairy Tail, Assassination Classroom and One Punch-man
I'll read:
UQ Holder!, World Trigger, Terra ForMars, Hinomaru Zumou, Haikyuu!!, Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
It's been a pretty long time since the last time I made a recommendation. I would like to recommend Kakukaku Shikajika for everyone. It is the winner of 2015 Manga Taishou award, and I think it is a well-deserved achievement. Even for people who are not really familiar with Josei manga, I am still saying that this manga is an absolute must-read. Kakukaku is both amusing and poignant. When I finished reading it, I feel so moved by the storyline and impressed by Higashimura-sensei's ability to package her own life story nicely. I never thought that autobiographical stories would make an interesting story before.
 

HerculesFactory

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2016
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
Not really sure. Kinnikuman's pretty much my main jam until it concludes. I don't think there's anything out right now that could match it for creativity or action.
 

Bleachway

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Country
Canada
I'm currently reading Last Inning right now, and I plan on reading 20th Century Boys.
 

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2015
Messages
286
Reaction score
112
Age
31
Country
Galactic Empire
I am currently reading Twilight, next I plan on reading 50 Shades of Gray .....jk
 
Last edited:

MBVC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
164
Gender
Male
Country
Bouvet Island
Infinite Jest by Wallace......Can't go wrong with that.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I am going to start Diamond no Ace Act II since the anime is over.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I thought I would pick a completed series and Sumomomo Momomo is my choice. It looks like an interesting read. :super
 

Su Tunc

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
228
Reaction score
235
Country
Turkey
I am currently reading "This is not a Game" by Walter Jon Williams. I am dawning into sci-fi and distopias like that book. But the translation is toooo bad that makes my eyes bleed :'(
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,400
Country
Torumekian Empire
Currently reading: Berserk, Isuca, The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami

Planning to read: Valkyrie Profile, Flame of Recca(picking up where the anime ended)
 

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
It's been a good while since I last read Historie so I'm rereading it to brush up my memory while catching up to it.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Currently reading Grand Blue by Inoue Kenji. It's fucking hilarious. I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a slice of life with humor that doesn't fall flat due to cultural barriers. Not sure what I'm going to read next.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I have just read a new series called Red Sprite by YAGI Tomohiro. I thought it was quite an interesting story that I even wrote a synopsis on it. The first chapter is very long which sets the foundation of the entire story. It's worth a read, I must say. :super


(You can't even call this a summary, can you? :hmm)
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,400
Country
Torumekian Empire
(You can't even call this a summary, can you? :hmm)
I guess not..

it seems good.. but i'm gonna die waiting for the next chapter :arf so i'm gonna stay away until it gets more chapters :oh

also.. I don't know why, but I prefer those type of manga to be in anime <_> I think it would be really fun to watch.
 
Top