Archived - What did you get for Christmas? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived What did you get for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Well--- at the beginning of this month my wife allowed me to buy a DS, and 1 game(Adult training, work out your brain!, then with the points you get while buying games I used those to help purchase another gameJump Super Stars. The brain game is awesome! Really fun to play, you can check out the site for details on it (it's full of pictures, don't worry.)
Also the Jump super stars game is Major fun as well! It's like MvsC 2 on a game boy, so many characters tag team attacks all the good stuff. Seriously worth getting... though knowing japanese really makes it Much better :ossu.(it's making me want to read soooo many new manga that I haven't had time to read :p)

Anyways- moving on I got two games on Christmas eve, they were---
Naruto Hero 3, and Mario Kart DS!
I couldn't pass either of them up. Being the HUGE fighting game fan that I am, as well as a old school Mario Kart driver. They both are Awesome though I haven't had time to play Mario Kart very much yet (still playing Jump ya see....)

Now before you go say HEY! You're rich!! Just let it be known I work 4 jobs. 3 part time jobs(1 started last month and another started not too long ago either) and 1 full time.... so--- the extra money that I make goes into the bank and on occasion I like to treat myself to some goodies... which, up until these extra jobs I started, I haven't been able to do (I had to SERIOUSLY consider if getting a DVD/ new manga was in our budget before going out to buy one... ya 2 months ago I was like that :p.)

But now I work 14 hours a day (in which I slack off occationaly at work to check up on things and during my dinner breaks I work on the new look for the site... did I say that out loud?) But yeah- I worked every day since the 27th of last month until Christmas day without a day off... so just goes to show even if you do make extra cash, no time to spend/ use what you buy (which is where the DS fits in well those long minutes in between work and home... :p)

Alright now this thread has gotten too long and I'm talkiing too much about myself so--- I'll let you list what you got and you can describe about it if you so want to... :ossu

nah-nah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Taylor, you're such a hard worker!! <333

Hm, what did I get? I got a Naruto wall scroll from my sister, a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble... I got the Raphia Pullip (she's so pretty), some really comfy pajamas, and a Wacom Graphire 4 tablet!!

<33333 The best part was being able to spend time with my family. I also cooked my first Christmas dinner for everyone and it was a success!! <33333

Dynamic Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i ddnt get alot... Y_Y
sum money from my parents and aunts and uncles...and a T-shirt
meh... im not bothered lol, cos i got myself naruto 4, NH3, magna carta TOB, prince of persia 2, DBZ tenkaichi.... and alot more games for free XD

e-s-g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guyver model figure (The dude in my sig and avvy)
Battle Royale volume 1
Money. (im not sure about this one actually.)
And i should be receiving Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen 4 in the post in a few days. weehee!

Kadaj_Kaze

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
System Of A Down Album - Hypnotise
Real Ninja Sword from uncle(but i cant take it back to london x3)
Japanese CDS + Mixtapes
£50
Clothes
Red Kimono
FMA Boxset

KON PLUSHIEE!!!
Bleach PSP

Zenith

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I've got:
Some chocolates and sweets from friends. (yep..that's about it. :p)

I'm going to get:
Narutimate Hero 3 <--- I got it!! :smile-big

bebong

Reaction score
I got NH 3 and KH 2

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
bebong said:
I got NH 3 and KH 2
And did I forget to mention I hate you? ya mkay thanks byebye :p

ok, just joking and jealous of that KH2 game of yours

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Cool stuff, guys.

I got an external 100g drive on which I can save all my photographs, manga, movies, and so on and carry around with me when I have to drive across the state (hopefully I get a laptop soon, too), some clothes and slippers, and my folks are going to pay to get broadband hooked up here for me. 

(I still have to pay for the monthly fee, but I'm more than willing to do that.)

All in all, I may not have gotten as many presents as usual, but I certainly will find the ones I did get very, very useful.  ;)

Meijin no Kori

I got a new computer, some clothes, and a tablet/wireless mouse. I, of course, also got some money/gift cards, which I've spent so far on: A printer/scanner, an electronic Span-Eng/Eng-Span Dictionary, an electronic dictionary/thesaurus, a new pair of headphones, Vol. 1-3 of Death Note, and Vol. 6 of Beet The Vandel Buster. A pretty good haul, I'd say. And I still have some money left, which I'm most likely going to spend on one or two more volumes of the Beet The Vandel Buster manga. :amuse

graphic_content

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
gift cards...

...i try not to be to picky during the holidays, not to say the recieving gifts isnt great, i just feel that im past that age where its all about the presents...

...its funny seeing the much younger members of my family rip into gifts like there is no tomorrow...

...makes me feel old, and im only in college. :P

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
@ njt --> 4 jobs? OMG!! You are practically worse than the example of the workoholic psycho American who works 3 jobs at 12 hours!! What if you were Bill Gates? What if you had enough money to buy a country but no time to live? I'd rather be Shikamaru and watch the clouds, rather than Gates and work my ass off (not to mention have a heart out of stress at the age of 40-45). If I were I'd work less, by less and spent more time with my family... :tem

@ e-s-g --> Did you know that the person who acts as Guyver in the movie is the voice actor of Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid?

Anyway, on topic... I got nothing! Well, nothing labeled a Christmas gift anyway. My mother bought me a... geez, I was never good with the names of clothes -.- A sweater like thing with a zipper. Also, my father bought me 3 books on japanese. The greatest part about Christmas is the vacation, since it's one of the three times a year that I get to see my parents and some old friends :tem

p.s.: If anyone thinks that I'm sad/mad/something negative for not getting a PSP, a DS, a million games, two million manga, three million anime, four million euros in cash... well, that's not the case :tem

p.p.s.: If anyone can make 24x10 hour days I'd be happy to get some for Christmas :D

bebong

Reaction score
njt said:
And did I forget to mention I hate you? ya mkay thanks byebye :p

ok, just joking and jealous of that KH2 game of yours
Meheheh, more addicted to NH 3 now. 2 more chars to complete my mission!!

overjojojojo

Reaction score
well... i have ALOT of family... and i always just say "gimme cash >_O" not really =P
well, the total was like 300 bux maybe? =/
not sure... but combined with my birthday cash, i had 540 bux in all.. :D:D:D
and im upgrading the HELLLL outta my comp XD

im going to order:

1024MB DDR RAM stick
AMD Sempron 3400+ processor ~2.0GH/z
DVD-R/+R/RW/ROM/CD-R/+R/RW/ROM Drive
250GB internal 7200 RPM hard drive
kodak 5.0 Megapixel Digital Camera
100 pack of 16X DVD-R's

NOTE: i shopped around for hours lookin for the best deals around, so thats why there is so much im getting :D:D:D:D

aziboxe

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
woot! more and more gift cards! But i don't know what to buy with them :borders, borders, best buy, borders
flash drive (i put a password in but forgot it :) its somewhere....
bookmark pens (for the millions of textbooks i read!)

besides that, walnuts and other holiday nuts im not allowed to eat. (-_-)
asian egg roll cookies, more cookies (that i can't eat) !!

well, thats it for this year's christmas... no gift from santa...

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I anticipated only getting money and bathroom products, so I bought myself KH2 in advance.

Guess what I got? It begins with M and BP.

Also, my friend got me a Naruto DVD but it hasn't arrived yet, so I've no idea what it is.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
And just got broadband today. My Christmas is complete. :thumbs

hiko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must be the only member of these forums who hasn't seen or played a Naruto console game! I assume they're pretty good though?

Xmas for me usually means thre things: booze, food & Japanese DVDs of films my m8s (and most people here in the UK) have never heard of. Aside from getting a bunch of Ghibli titles on DVD, I also recieved Kyo no Dekigoto, Koko ni iru Koto, Minna no Ie & Radio Jikan (aka: Welcome Home Mr. Mcdonald)

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I too have never played any Naruto Games... I'm not sad though, I can wait for a PS2/PS3 title to be released in Europe :tem

Rina Silvea

Reaction score
stockings
money
drawing paper

I dun remember

Status
Not open for further replies.