With all of the discussion about retoconned characters, the series going done hill, a main character in decline, if he is still the main character, etc. it begs the question: what is everyone still reading Naruto for? Are there positive points left? Does everyone still look forward to new chapters?
Personally I still find Naruto very entertaining. While it is not one of my favorite series I've always looked forward to new chapters (still do). For all of the silliness, especially since the immortals arc ended, Naruto is still a good action shonen. The Pain Invasion arc was magnificent, one of the Jumps highlights last year. While I like Sasuke the character I don't like that every arcs he has been in starting with Itachi has been a multi chapter battle, with the exception of the Kage summit. But when Kishi shifts the focus to other characters I fully expect more plot oriented, less jutsu obsessed chapters. As the Pain arc demonstrated, Kishi is willing to focus on plot and dialog driven chapters when the focus is on any other character.
Personally I still find Naruto very entertaining. While it is not one of my favorite series I've always looked forward to new chapters (still do). For all of the silliness, especially since the immortals arc ended, Naruto is still a good action shonen. The Pain Invasion arc was magnificent, one of the Jumps highlights last year. While I like Sasuke the character I don't like that every arcs he has been in starting with Itachi has been a multi chapter battle, with the exception of the Kage summit. But when Kishi shifts the focus to other characters I fully expect more plot oriented, less jutsu obsessed chapters. As the Pain arc demonstrated, Kishi is willing to focus on plot and dialog driven chapters when the focus is on any other character.