Discussion What do you think about these two pictures.

thanapon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
May be this already been discussed somewhere else, however, I would like to bring it here for who not yet recognize.
In Anime episode 1, first picture is during Eren’s dream before wakened by Mikasa and second picture is when Eren’s mom being eating by smiling Titan.

What do you think? How Eren could foresee the future?

PS. Oh, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this topic. I just see the word "Manga discussion"




 
Last edited:

eton

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
19
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
It's certainly the same image. I checked the manga and this isn't part of his dream, so clearly they've taken the decision in the anime to underscore Eren's 'premonition' of the disaster. You know, I've been skeptical about the 'time travel' theory, but it's starting to look more and more like there are lots of small hints dropped that the breaching of the wall by the colossal titan & all the events subsequent to that are moments which Eren has already lived through once before.

I believe when the twist is finally revealed, it will be something to do with events repeating themselves, possibly the inhabitants of the human civilisation are trapped in an endless loop that keeps repeating until Eren makes a certain series of decisions. It's a bizarre plot, but these clues all point to something like that (Mikasa's hair being different lengths the first couple panels we see her, and Eren commenting on this; Eren's blocked memories about his mother being dead BEFORE the colossal titan breaches the wall; his father injecting him, BAR's cryptic 'mission' that is either to destroy mankind or to find 'the coordinate'--all difficult clues to string together into one concise theory)
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Anime license. I mean: nothing to do with the canon, simply they need to put some confusing image into Eren dreams to fit that scene. And they choose the same events you will see in that first episode.

That's all...
 

eton

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
19
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Buuut you must agree there's something weird going on with the circumstances of Eren's mother's death? In the nightmare/flashback he gets Chp 3 Pg 21, Eren says to his father: "You've been acting weird ever since mom died!'

Clearly, he's witnessed his mother's death before the colossal titan kicks in the gate and triggers everything off.
 

RagingSushi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If you go back to the dream in the anime, there are other scenes as well. I can't link right now because I'm out but iirc there was a scene with dead survey corp members in a forest, a close up of *somebody* dying, and some other random things that we haven't seen like the toys and something that resembles a military outfit.
 

thanapon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
If you go back to the dream in the anime, there are other scenes as well. I can't link right now because I'm out but iirc there was a scene with dead survey corp members in a forest, a close up of *somebody* dying, and some other random things that we haven't seen like the toys and something that resembles a military outfit.

Here is somebody dying. All of these during Eren's dream.



 
Last edited:

eton

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
19
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm the guy dying looks a bit like Marco?? That wouldn't make much sense though.

Whatever memories Eren can't access, clearly they're a huge trauma, and I suspect have to do with how he came to have his titan power--so, how he must have killed someone in the past, like Ymir did (and like BAR all most likely did).
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm totally with eton here. I'm not a big fan of the time travelling plot, but time travel or not, I find it very strange the same idea is suggested in manga and anime even though they use different scenes to portray the opening... As if they have chosen those scenes for that purpose alone. If you're a manga reader and up-to-date, you could check out the Time Leap thread for more details...
 
Top