What do you think "One Piece" means?

Kracken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I read an interview with Oda that's been around for a while where he says the title "One Piece" is related to the end of the series. Maybe Raftel is the one piece left of the Ancient Kingdom or the crew will find the one piece of evidence they need to take down the World Government? Or maybe the interviewer is right and it's a play on words? What do you think? :^_^ The full interview is here http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/07/04/eiichiro-oda-interview-with-china-times/
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire


Play on words? Maybe piece = peace?
 

Kracken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia


Play on words? Maybe piece = peace?
Maybe :^_^ That's what the interviewer suggested and we can assume there'll be peace once the war's over.
 

Stiltzkin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
328
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
One Piece is bikini


just kidding.. :teehee

I think One Piece is not a thing
I mean, One Piece is a condition when Red Line collapse and all four seas merged into one (will be called All Blue)
Mermaid Island destroyed, all merman & mermaid accepted by the humans
Brook meets Laboon because the mountain/ twin cape destroyed​
 

Kracken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
One Piece is bikini


just kidding.. :teehee

I think One Piece is not a thing
I mean, One Piece is a condition when Red Line collapse and all four seas merged into one (will be called All Blue)
Mermaid Island destroyed, all merman & mermaid accepted by the humans
Brook meets Laboon because the mountain/ twin cape destroyed​
So when the One Piece world is in harmony and no longer segregated. Nice answer :^_^
 

BernieCrane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2013
Messages
98
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Relevant

Upon asking Oda whether the ending of One Piece was already determined, Oda answered:

Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?

Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?

Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.
source: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/07/27/oda-reveals-what-the-one-piece-isnt/
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece is bikini

just kidding.. :teehee
​


No it could be Portgas' D Rouge's swimwear....

On a serious note, something which once captured will hand over Wealth, Fame and Power to the person who holds it...​
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that was the first I thought about One Piece, the friendship of SHP, the bond they have to become one, thus called One Piece... but not now, as I mentioned above, its when the world gain peace and becoming one :)​
Oda already state in the interview that it would not be something cheap like that or "the experience of adventure."

-------------------------
Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?

Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
One Piece is bikini


just kidding.. :teehee

I think One Piece is not a thing
I mean, One Piece is a condition when Red Line collapse and all four seas merged into one (will be called All Blue)
Mermaid Island destroyed, all merman & mermaid accepted by the humans
Brook meets Laboon because the mountain/ twin cape destroyed​
I think this is one result, along with learning about the void century and riches like beri and jewelry and stuff.
 

Zeta42

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
585
Reaction score
239
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
Maybe :^_^ That's what the interviewer suggested and we can assume there'll be peace once the war's over.
Manga about pirates ends with world peace... yeah right.

The All Blue theory seems the most plausible.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I mean, One Piece is a condition when Red Line collapse and all four seas merged into one (will be called All Blue)
Mermaid Island destroyed, all merman & mermaid accepted by the humans
Brook meets Laboon because the mountain/ twin cape destroyed
That would be impossible. Red Line is not a giant wall crossing the planet, but rather a part of the continents. So destroying it would mean killing most people in the planet. :gwah



Also, the seas are all connected. East and South blues are basically the same sea, as does North and West. The Calm Belt only prevents ships (excluding Marine ships) from going from one sea to another. And in Reverse Mountain or Fishman Island they converge. All Blue seems to be more than just a mixture of the four seas, but rather a place with unusual amount of resources.
 

Stiltzkin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
328
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That would be impossible. Red Line is not a giant wall crossing the planet, but rather a part of the continents. So destroying it would mean killing most people in the planet. :gwah



Also, the seas are all connected. East and South blues are basically the same sea, as does North and West. The Calm Belt only prevents ships (excluding Marine ships) from going from one sea to another. And in Reverse Mountain or Fishman Island they converge. All Blue seems to be more than just a mixture of the four seas, but rather a place with unusual amount of resources.
uhmm I thought red line just a mountain and no one live there,
except Mariejois, which will be destroyed as well along with the gorosei​
 
Top