- Joined
- May 19, 2008
- Messages
- 227
- Reaction score
- 8
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
After the fight with Byakuya, Ichigo's "I can deflect 1 million scattered blades in 0.05 seconds" speed hasn't helped much. You could say that the enemies leveled up, so their speed would be evenly matched. But following that reasoning , the power gap between him and the enemy would be big, since speed is suposedly his strong point (assuming the enemy is an all-around type of fighter, or that at least that the speed matches closely the overall level).
In the first fight with Grimmjow, this refutation would be true seeing how the fight developed until the point Hollow Ichigo butted in. Against Yammi, hmm, it was probably a difference in sheer amount of reiatsu and the speed didn't come into play (it would have been interesting at that point seeing how he would have fared against a released Yammi). Dordoni was outclassed too, and against Ulqui there was no contest.
Then there's the second fight against Grimmjow. I wasn't expecting such a close match in this one (am i the only one who thinks that power wise, the espadas release aren't worth much?) but this is where I found the biggest inconcistency. If their overall levels are similar, then shouldn't Ichigo's speed be much higher than Grimmjow's? It could be speculated that Grimmjow's release also increased his speed greatly, but it would have been mentioned or at least hinted (besides being awfully convenient). And finally, against Nnoitra, he was exausted and couldn't cut him, but he could have at least aimed for the soft spots, like Kenpachi did. But I won't go deeply into that, it's not related to the issue in question.
The point I'm trying to make is that Ichigo obtained this potentially sick abilty, but it hasn't been desicive in any fight. Personally, I didn't like any of Ichigo's fights (why would I be writing this otherwise?) except the one vs. Byakuya. All the others seemed full of bullshit spouting and without much thought put into them to me. Also I would have liked that Ichigo developed some sort of new attack while he was doing his vaizard training. It would have made his recent fights more interesting.
Anyway, if you think if there is some contradiction or inconcistency in my reasoning or I blatantly missed something tell me. Yeah, I dare you bastards, try to prove me wrong.
In the first fight with Grimmjow, this refutation would be true seeing how the fight developed until the point Hollow Ichigo butted in. Against Yammi, hmm, it was probably a difference in sheer amount of reiatsu and the speed didn't come into play (it would have been interesting at that point seeing how he would have fared against a released Yammi). Dordoni was outclassed too, and against Ulqui there was no contest.
Then there's the second fight against Grimmjow. I wasn't expecting such a close match in this one (am i the only one who thinks that power wise, the espadas release aren't worth much?) but this is where I found the biggest inconcistency. If their overall levels are similar, then shouldn't Ichigo's speed be much higher than Grimmjow's? It could be speculated that Grimmjow's release also increased his speed greatly, but it would have been mentioned or at least hinted (besides being awfully convenient). And finally, against Nnoitra, he was exausted and couldn't cut him, but he could have at least aimed for the soft spots, like Kenpachi did. But I won't go deeply into that, it's not related to the issue in question.
The point I'm trying to make is that Ichigo obtained this potentially sick abilty, but it hasn't been desicive in any fight. Personally, I didn't like any of Ichigo's fights (why would I be writing this otherwise?) except the one vs. Byakuya. All the others seemed full of bullshit spouting and without much thought put into them to me. Also I would have liked that Ichigo developed some sort of new attack while he was doing his vaizard training. It would have made his recent fights more interesting.
Anyway, if you think if there is some contradiction or inconcistency in my reasoning or I blatantly missed something tell me. Yeah, I dare you bastards, try to prove me wrong.
