Question What happened to the raws?

noldorado

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Update (Sep 09)

Please refer to this Annoucement regarding the posting of any raws/Edited Mangas of series by Kodansha.

=============================================================


I just logged on for the first time in a while and to my suprise there are no raws for capeta, Fist of the Blue Sky etc. that was there before. I was translating Capeta (albeit slowly) and had posted volume 1. That's now gone too! I was going to post volume 2 very soon but should I not bother now that all the raws are gone? What happened?

Has this already been covered?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
...That's strange. I still can see the Fist of Blue Sky raw in there though...even though I don't see any Edited Manga...-_-"

As for Capeta...look at the side of "Capeta" manga info page.

Uploaded releases are disabled for this Manga due to (current) licensing issues. MangaHelpers administration are aware of this and are following up on the issue with relevant parties.
So, yes, the raws are probably removed due to some licensing issue. Hope that answer your question...at least for Capeta. Ask the admins about the Fist of the Blue Sky (even though I still can see the raw there pretty clearly though... ._.")
 

noldorado

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
oh yeah, I stand corrected with Fist of Blue Sky.

Does the 'licensing issue' apply to all Gekkan Magazine comics? I suppose it would be. That would be a crying shame if it is. It would also explain why Fist of Blue Sky is still there. It's Jump.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
In fact, it applies to all titles published under Kodansha...at least for now... ._."
 

Darth_Eagle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just wondering, is this likely the explaination for Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas RAW too? Apparently Chapter 133-148 RAW are missing since last week I think.

Or for LC, is it due to the issue of the original Manga Editor protesting having their RAW uploaded here?

It was lucky I had saved them up the moment they came out as were cleaning them up for my personal English Edited Manga and for Mako-Scan if they hasn't been done yet.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
I don't believe that is the case for Saint Seiya, since if the problem is due to LC, there shouldn't be any release (raws and Edited Mangas alike) left of that series. I think it's just something else. You might try asking the admin about it.

As for the LC thing, I don't have every single detail, but I doubt that's totally the case. With Kodansha, the Japanese publisher themselves contact MH in request for the removal of all the releases that are published under their names, thus result in the so-called "LC problem". Though, I wouldn't say that it got to be the Japanese publishers. English publishers (if that's what you mean by "original Manga Editor") can ask for the removal of those as well, I think. -_-"
 

Darth_Eagle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Nah, was refering to the one who did the scanning of the original Japanese pages and post them up online.

Anyway, what making me thot it might have something to do with this issue is that a message pop up on the page containing the RAW a week before they were removed. Can't remember exactly what was said tho' now :facepalm
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Well, you can check out the annoucement here. Anything related to this publisher will not be put up here. Have updated the first post too.

Darth_eagle said:
Just wondering, is this likely the explaination for Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas RAW too? Apparently Chapter 133-148 RAW are missing since last week I think.

No, Saint Seiya is not affected by this. It just happened that either no one has scanned the raws or no one has found them yet :)
 

Darth_Eagle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
No, Saint Seiya is not affected by this. It just happened that either no one has scanned the raws or no one has found them yet :)
Actually they're removed recently, leaving behind only the Portugese and Spanish Edited Manga. :darn

I know cause I downloaded majority of my original Japanese RAW from MangaHelper for the English Edited Manga or found the external link to the RAW here.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
We've checked, and the uploader for this raw has decided to remove it due to personal reasons. I'm afraid you'll have to find them elsewhere. :)
 

Darth_Eagle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oic. Thank you for checking. :)

Guess got to start begging for those RAW elsewhere since I'm starting to pass along the Cleaned Pages to Mako-Scans lately for their English Edited Manga so NEED those RAW and without any Watermarks. :darn
 
Top