Life What happens when you die?

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm Roman Catholic and for me I feel that there has to be something else. From the way my life has gone so far, I just see so much personal evidence pointing to there being something more. For me its not just thinking or theorizing that there is a heaven, but its also a deep feeling I have.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
My mum died once when she was a child and then got brought back, and she acted like a different person and said someone else s name instead of her own, but shes okay now, so I`m inclined to believe in the after world, and my beliefs are kinda like Catholic/Buddhist and I also believe the earth is kinda like a minor hell, maybe because of personal experience, but everyone suffers some form of hardship here. Weird I know.
 

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Actually, their are a lot of theories about this.. I, sometimes I think about it. Like when I die, where does my soul goes? Am a bad/good person where should I go hell or heaven? But I dont really know the answer to this, unless I will experience dying and be born again at the same time.. heheh.. But yes, i love being alive as of now, there is much to do. So i enjoy!
 

boemshiika

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
189
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
personaly im not a big fan of incarnation the whole coming back as a different being thing. i mean with whats going on in the world today global warming and scientist saying that the sun will be running out feul and burn out. there wont be a world to come back to. can you imagine coming back as a vicious ass koala bear and finding out the earth solar system is not there anymore. all you'll find is a note saying; we moved.

so life after death sound pretty good right now. a whole new world where there hasn't been any bloodshed and everybody is in a zen state,where everywish is granted. and all those criminals get what they deserved(me included) specialy those war criminals that raped women then killed them and used their children as soldiers. and they never got prosecuted for it because most of them died peacefully in their sleep.

so i hope there is a judgment day.where we reunite with our maker. i know most of us try so hard to deny his existence. but have you ever payed attention to when we're in trouble. who do we call out to in our darkest hour. without realizing it we hopefully and sincerely utter these words; "ow god".
 

El Autor

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
when we die, we become nothing but memories
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
We will live on in our children, and in legend.
Also, if you are buried and not burned, your nutrients will feed some fungi/worms and those in turn will feed a bird/rabbit that will in turn at some point feed a human.

And you will live on in their belly (cannibals!)
But no seriously, religious soul aside, I do believe our living energy continues to live on in the circle of life. It can't be as simple as death for all the electrical waves and other energy waves that make our mass of atoms move around and live.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think what happeneds is that, you will eitehr go to heaven or hell depending on how you lived your life when you were a live. i think people who go to heaven will have a new life.
 

RaZe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
311
Reaction score
32
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I do believe our living energy continues to live on in the circle of life.
what is "living energy"?

It can't be as simple as death for all the electrical waves and other energy waves that make our mass of atoms move around and live.
why not?

human consciousness is a byproduct of the ongoing chemical processes that maintain a person's physical form. asking what happens when we die is as meaningless as asking what happens to a flame after it is extinguished or a wave after it breaks upon the shore. it simply ceases to be.
 

Nantalith

Proofreader
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
63
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Africa
When you die... nothing happens. Sun sets, moon rises and oceans swell. Death is the goal of our living - we live to die. We have no point; we just are and eventually we will just have been :amuse
 

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
285
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
A tale:
Once there was a village situated at the feet of a giant mountain. At the top of that mountain lived a hermit who could see the future. Every day a group of people climbed that mountain to talk to the hermit about the events of tomorrow. The hermit had never told anything in straight, but he always gave wise advices to the people coming to him. All thanks to that hermit the village prospered, the crop was rich, the trade was high and health was strong.

But one day even before people could begin climbing the mountain, the hermint had descended to the village. His eyes were filled with sorrow and tears had flown across his face.

"What happened?" asked the villagers.
"Tomorrow," answered the hermit trying to catch his breath, "tomorrow won't come. Ever." And the hushed crowd heard his voice filled with despair: "The world ends. Today is the last day."

Believing the hermit as they've done for almost a century, the villagers believed that the world is coming to an end and threw themselves into what could be called The Last Day. Every man and woman desperately thrived to accomplish something they had desired for their lifetimes, no matter how amoral or illegal. There was chaos, despair, tears and even the slightest glimmers of hope had blackened out.

But once the morning came - the sun had risen once again to continue it's path across the sky. Frustrated villagers became angry with the senile hermit who made them disgrace themselves in "the last day". Enraged the whole population climbed the mountain in hopes of lynching the old man. But all they've found was his cold dead body.

It wasn't his prediction which was wrong, it's the interpretation which was wrong. THe world has ended indeed, but it was only the hermit's world.

End.

This is what happens when one dies - a whole world meets it's end.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
When i die, i'l go to heaven and be a P.I.M.P lol....
 

El Autor

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Wow... that hermit tale was really cool :o
 

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess I'll get disgested by maggots or some other bug-like creature O.o
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
i think most people want to be "alive" in one way or another after they die in human form because they are scared to cease to exist. I rather not think about what happens after one close his/her eyes forever...just thinking about it sometime give me the creeps
 

nahkampfbiber

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not being alive didn't bother me for ~14 billion years. I don't think it ever will...
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm unsure, since i'm catholic I'm 'supposed' to believe this

Catholics believe that each life is unique and that we have only one lifetime on Earth before we move on to an eternal existence in a spiritual state. We choose what kind of eternal state this will be by how we live our life on Earth, and whether we totally accepted God's love. If we did accept God then we will enjoy an eternity of bliss, if we totally rejected God then, by our own choosing, we will suffer in misery forever. This place of misery is called Hell.

I don't know what i believe but I guess I'll go with the scrubs quote

J.D.: And when we die, where do meet in Heaven?
Turk: At the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud!
J.D.: I'll see you 'dere, bro! I love religion.

That'd be cool...
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
When I die then i just stop to exist........
...i dont believe in heaven,hell,reincarnation or whatever. I think these are just fiction of the human mind because for the fear of death.
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
very well said. the conception of hell and heaven is in the mind, the truth is..you either suffer or you dont.
 

misterchaos

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
398
Reaction score
68
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
you are giving too much toughts on death. im with leen im going to heaven and end point.

( sry for bad english )
 
Top