Life - What happens when you die? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life What happens when you die?

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok, in the scar stories thread the topic of death came up (suprise suprise) and we are wondering what happens when you die. post your thoughts here and we shall discuss!

Runemage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
when you die, you see the light.............ahem.......
reincarnation, i've pondered to how that would work with the ever increasing population of the world, maybe with the decline in the animal world??

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i foresee trouble for this thread.... hopefully no hardline religious people here, might start a fight...

anyways, im not really sure what happens. afterlife, 'nother plane of existance, nothingness, reincarnation, 'nother universe... it could be anything. i've read that when you die the body immediately losses 34 grams, i think it was, that doctors can't account for. I've also read that the "tunnel of light" people with near death experiences claim to have seen is really just tunnel-vision caused by a lack of oxygen in the brain.

@ runemage, it could be that there are tens or hundreds of billions, if not trillions of souls, that are just waiting for a new body across the years.

Runemage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
population of a trillion people on earth :faint
if this thread does turn nasty, we can always ask the mods to help keep the peace ;)

abu_89

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada
after you die, your brain stops working and your body eventually decays. your body is split up into the billions of particles that make it up and is recycled into the earth. years later those particles make their way through food into a womb and become part of a fetus. Thus, you are re-incarnated as another living being (though not your whole being).

Reincarnation in a nutshell.

darkbass

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
if you think that all your toughts, emotions and whatsoever are just a combination of chemical reactions and eletric impulses, what would happen when they stop..... its just like when you turn off a machine.... theres nothing afterwards... afterlife, reincarnation, i dont think theres anything like it....

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your soul either go to heaven or hell

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'll go with Monty Python:

"You come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"

Babii-Boo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your soul either go to heaven or hell
I agree with you there ^^ It's also partly the fact that I'm Christian.
But yeah, I think when you die, you either go to Heaven or Hell. ^^

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
my religion tells me that i either go to heaven or hell, depending on my actions and faith in my religion..... personally i don't think much of death.....

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
actually what i am going to write is death in the perspective of my religion, Islam.. if you are not sure about my answer, you can always ask the scholars in http://www.islamonline.net/ they will be happily answer your curiosity because it is their job to answer people's question. lol.

according to Islam, when someone dies, he/she will see the angel of death. The angle appearance is according to what are you like during your lifetime. if you are a good person, then the angle will be the most beautiful thing that you'll ever meet. but if you are a bad person, then the angle will be the most horrible thing that you'll ever meet.

after that your soul will be taken and be kept at a place until the day of judgement. meanwhile, the container of your soul, i.e your body will be taken into graveyard. in the graveyard, you will meet another two angels. These angels will ask you a few question like "Who is Your Lord.." however your tounge cannot answer it on that occassion.. so it is up to your other organs to reply to the answer.. they will reply according to what they did during your lifetime. If you gave the right answer, then your graveyard will be as big as your eyes can see and it will be one room of the rooms of heaven. if you give the wrong answer, your graveyard will be like one room of the rooms of hell. there will be also scorpions and black snakes to accompany you.. erk.. it is quite frightening..

then there will be armageddon, or the end of the world. after that, all the people since Adam (peace be upon Him) until the last person to die on earth will be ressurected. then all people will assemble to be judge. this is call the day of judgement.

After that we will be call and stand in front of the Lord and our kind action and bad action during our lifetime will be spoken. all of this is recorded in 2 books, book of kindness and book of badness. then, there will be a scale which is called al-mizan (which means scale in arabic). all the books will be put in opposite end. if the good side weight more than the bad side, then you will be put in heaven.. if the bad side weight heavier, hell is your ultimate goal.

however, if you are a believer of Lord, then you still have chances to go into the heaven. you will only be punish according to your bad deeds. after all the punishment for all wrongdoing is paid, then you will be transfered into heaven like all other believers.

no offence to any other people of other religion.. i just wanna tell you what is the point of view of us muslim on this matter.. hope this will answer your curiosity.

cheers

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
nicely said amar :amuse

heaven or hell, it's something we hear all the time but wad does it really mean.. I dunno if it had sunk in, but I just realized that if you believe in heaven or hell, it means that life after death is forever. you will live on forever either in heaven or hell. I can't imagine how it's like to live forever, do you?

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i can't imagine it as well azurel.. i hope i will enter heaven with God mercy and i hope there will be lots of anime and manga in heaven so i can watch and read em' all... :P

Avalonblitz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^ So true
I just hope what the Greeks belive isn't true Heaven, Underworld and then there's Tartarus from what I've heard that place is worse than Hell, even the Titans can't stand it.

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
^ So true
I just hope what the Greeks belive isn't true Heaven, Underworld and then there's Tartarus from what I've heard that place is worse than Hell, even the Titans can't stand it.
i wonder what the greek said about heaven and hell.. would you mind telling us about it Avalonblitz?

a bit off topic :D.. by the way, im in leeds.. which part of london r u from?

Avalonblitz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Umm... I think You know how the Gods live in Mount Olympus right, well I've heard there is a heaven but only the really good would be allowed eg: Hercules
Hade rules over the underworld and every living being goes there whether you've been good or bad but the really rotten ones go to Tartarus, but really only the Titans have been sent down there after losing to the gods in a war that lasted for 10 years, inside Tartarus though there was this one Titan who Had to carry a boulder up a hill and the reach out for something but when he did the boulder always rolled back down and and another one was a Titan than was tied over a river with a bunch of berries that hung over him that alway used to sway just out of his reach leaving him with an everlasting thirst and two giant cyclops guarded the entrance.
lol I find this story funny but Zeus commitedly adultery with another woman and a man found out when he told everyone Zeus found this as treachery and sent the poor soul to Tatarus.

I live in Vauxhall only 20 mins down the road from Waterloo.

Last edited:

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
wow.. what an intense explanation from you, Avalonblitz!! thanks for taking all the time to write it up.. however, i end up getting even more confused that before, lol!

Avalonblitz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It really is, I still don't get how everyone goes to the underworld when there's also a heaven.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
they go to the underworld to get to heaven i think, like you have to go to the underworld, then judgement is passed, then you either stay in the underworld, or go to heaven

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll go to heaven.