What is Ging's Nen Ability?

Nevaeh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Many people have the impression that Ging's appearance is similar to Yuusuke from Yuyu Hakusho. If so, that means that Ging is probably an emission user?? :derp




Ging was able to leave a message for Gon with his nen in a cassette tape for 12 years, a pretty impressive feat considering the length of time and distance involved. Killua also said that Ging purposely erased his voice and nen so that his ability wouldn't be found out. If people knew he was able to do that, then it's an easy giveaway of his emission nen characteristic. Furthermore, Ging was able to defeat Razor, an incredibly strong emission user. :worship

Recently Togashi drew Ging using his nen ability that would only make sense if "Gyo" was used by Gon. Maybe. :confused:


Hisoka's personality analysis based on nen ability.


Nen Hatsu Table:




What do you guys think?
:^_^
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Emission? Not.

Something to be said about Nen: You're able to do ANYTHING with Nen. With that I mean that you can actually use it aside your own technique. There is collaborative Nen, there is Nen Language and even Nen programmed objects. Greed Island is a perfect example of it and I think Togashi did that on purpose...To imply that you can do more things with Nen when it's more than one person trying it (As a personal thought, I think that is what will be the key in the Outside World Arc)
So Nen works as programming, sorta.

With that being said, I don't think Ging is Emission. He certainly belongs to the same type as Pariston. And with that being said, I think Pariston is Specialization. Which means that Ging is also a Specialist.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Ging and Yusuke have a lot of similarity between them.Togashi even make a joke about that.
What Uriel say about nen is pretty true.As evident in recent arc,you can really do a lot with it.
As long as Ging don't have the same/similar ability to Gon or Yusuke .I'm totally fine with any sort of ability Togashi come up with for him.
It's pretty lame if Ging has a similar ability to Gon ,the whole similarity with father and son would be taken too far.
And having a similar ability to Yusuke , it feel like Togashi just taking it from his previous work and making the whole similarity between Yusuke and Ging more distinctive.. (But then again,Kurapika and Kurama did have almost similar ability...)
I think he is a conjurer? I don't think why but it's just a random guess.
Also,there was a thread like this in mangastream forum before it crash. A lot of people think he is a specialist.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
What about Ging's ability being the simpliest thing? Creating gaming cards that store objects or even abilities of other people.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, I like your theory Navaeh; it's quite convincing.

Uriel, the suggestions that Ging and Pariston are the same type and that Pariston is definitely a Specialist are both completely speculative. I get where you're coming from (them having similar personalities that are unlike any others) but it's still speculation. Though my gut also tells me that Pariston is a Specialist or Manipulator.

Hisoka's personality analysis is based on his own imperessions but he himself says that it's only a rough guide and not always accurate. Also he compares it to guessing what someone's personality is based on their blood type. That's a very eastern thing and they're big on it in Japan which is why in manga character books and stuff, characters' blood types are often listed. However, guessing someone's personality based on their blood type is the same as horoscopes - it's superstition. Therefore, it might be that the personality analysis could just be similarly superstitious (but I'd like it if it wasn't. :P). This is borne out by the fact that there are some characters whose primary type doesn't seem to fit their personality.

That said, assuming the personality analysis is a reliable guide, then it's still difficult to pin someone's type down because a) everyone has so many sides to themselves and b) we, the readers, don't know Ging all that well. I think the best people to ask would be his GI friends. :P

The recording that he left for Gon that wiped itself isn't proof of anything; that might have been the ability of a friend of Ging's.

Based on personality:

Enhancement: Ging does seem pretty straight-forward, and he's certainly stubborn.
Emission: He might also said to be the impatient type; he doesn't seem to stick around anywhere for long unless it interests him and he seems to get bored easily.
Transmutation: He's definitely fickle, but I can't think of any lies we know he's told. Although he did persuade Beans to deceive the Zodiacs.
Manipulation: He certainly does things at his own pace, and he apparently predicted how the entire election was gonna go down.
Conjuration: High-strung....ness comes in many different forms; there are arguments for Ging fitting one of those forms (having to have things his own way; he's also uncooperative, stubborn, and kinda spoilt).
Specialisation: I think charisma is a necessary if one hopes to become one of the top 5 Hunters in the world. He may also value independence.

So, in short, Ging could be any of them. Based on Hisoka's personality analysis, Specialisation would be the obvious choice since Ging's just so damn awesome. But Netero is just as damn awesome and he wasn't a Specialist, so I don't think we can assume that every bad-ass awesome top-five-in-the-world Hunter that appears is a Specialist just because they break the mould of what's normal. Plus Gon continually surprises everyone he meets with his dynamic and unique personality, but he ain't a Specialist either.

My gut tells me that he's either an Enhancer, an Emitter or (maybe) a Transmuter. I can't see him being a Specialist, Manipulator or Conjurer.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
I dunno man. Even actual non-nen users could leave some nen behind in the things they make (the guy who created Kuroro's knife, Benz, and Zepair the counterfeiter from GI), so it's not hard compelling evidence of him as an Emission user. He could have just put a simple restriction that would let it stay in the tape a long time.

It's funny, back in Nexgear someone made a thread out of basically the same topic. He said Ging created the entire GI by himself and went further stating that Ging is a Materialization user that can create basically anything he wants to - in short he's some kind of god. That guy was shot down by the forum members so fast I don't think he reappeared in the forum for a long time.

So yeah. Not much to say here.
 

Raad

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
From Hisoka's analysis, there are two possibilities for Ging: Manipulation (maybe with a tendency towards emission) and Specialization I think.
Another thing about the tape, I believe it has more to do with those "divine encriptions" that are used to store nen than with an actual emission ability.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I can't even begin to guess what Ging's ability might be, but it was noted on several occasions that 'Gon is truly Ging's son', so I always thought he'd be Enhancement like Gon. Besides, Enhancement is supposed to be the most balanced and, thus, 'the best' type (well, relatively, anyway). It's also probably the 'healthiest' type, if I may put it this way, that is, enhancers have less personality problems (less fucked up in the head) and better mental stability and health.

Specialization for Ging... not sure I'd want that... I mean, specialists are supposed to be pretty rare and unique, right? I wouldn't want to see specialization-spamming... (like Sharingan-spamming in Naruto... which is probably the worst case of spamming of a rare trait ever...) We already have Kuroro, Pakunoda, Kurapika, Leol, Meleoron, Neferpitou on the list of nen-aware and battle capable specialization users, and Neon & Alluka as nen-unaware and battle incapable specialists... add to that that the ratty boy (Pariston) and Jairo might also be specialists... the list is too long already, imo... And, well, while specialization is probably the coolest (imo) due to how wide and unpredictable it can be, I also can't get rid of the impression that people with specialization nen are the most messed up in the head persons out of them all, and the problems they've been through are at least one of the reasons why they're specialization in the first place.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Their personalities are unique, I never read that they were strange to find. It even says in the manga that most Manipulators and Conjurers end being Specialization.
Also, considering that we're talking about the Top 5 Nen user in the world it does make sense. How many top 5 we know?
 
Top