What is Gyro's nen type?

Nevaeh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think if we read the manga closely, we have enough information to deduce Gyro's nen ability somewhat accurately. :mono

Let's see..... Gyro was first introduced in Ch203.... and it was said that Gon would meet him one day. But why Gon? What similarities do they share? At age 12, Gyro took a hammer and smashed his father's skull. Then he left the impoverished commune. At the same age, Gon left Whale Island to follow the footsteps of his father. See the contrast? :o

9 years later, Gyro established NGL (Neo Green-Life), an autonomous state that rejects any form of modern technology and prevented anything created from synthetic materials from entering their country. 9 years later, at age 30, he claimed leadership as NGL became a nation with 2.17 million residents.

Under the seemingly innocent surface, Gyro founded the NGL's underworld; he used the isolationist policy to his advantage and created narcotics and weapons factories. He created and distributed the popular drug D², and this was only the beginning of Gyro's plans to spread evil throughout the entire world. :derp

Gon, Killua & Kaito were the ones who first discovered the hidden face of NGL.

There's a lot more I wanna say but it'd be too long so I'll just let this picture below sum it up.
:x3

Based on Hisoka's personality analysis, Gyro is most likely a manipulation nen-user. The fact that Togashi is making him a mysterious character that doesn't show his face is very similar to how Zero is presented in Code Geass. :tss




Notes:
Kaito thought the boss of NGL escaped or got eaten by the ants... ironically enough, Kaito was revived to one day face the reborn Gyro. (Maybe.) :teehee It'll be interesting to see how Pariston will play with the 5000 hybrid chimera ants. Also, it was foreshadowed that Kaito would call for Gon's help one day, most likely when she is trying to stop Gyro's evil plans to destroy the entire world.
:arf


What do you think? Discuss.
:^_^
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just to note here, Nefelpitou is specialization type. I think that both Pariston and Jairo also belong to that type. The hammer event tells me He's a very patient guy who takes long before act. Even if that does hint trough Manipulation, I think Jairo is one of those people who are always attracting people (You can't form a country just because) but likes to be alone.
 

Nevaeh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, Novu thought Pitou was manipulation because of the puppet soldiers. That panel was added to illustrate the purpose of the 5000 hybrid chimera ants, they were meant to be controlled as soldiers for the king, to conquer the world. So you can imagine how devastating they could be if they were controlled by a manipulation specialist with exceptional strategy..........

And yes, Jairo surely has his unique charisma which point towards specialization. People with materialization and manipulation abilities have the most chance of developing into specialization later in life, so it should be either one of those.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I personally believe that Gyro is an enhancer. Togashi deliberately draws parallels to Gon (an enhancer) and promises that Gon meeting with Gyro would be an important moment in the Hunter World, for what reasons we do not know.

I have other reasons to believe he is an enhancer. Enhancers are very strong willed people with strong determination towards their goals. They are quite simple and are very endearing with a lot of people taking a liking to them.

Gyro fits the bill perfectly and I believe his hatred is the source of his enhancing abilities and his determination to spread evil is his goal that drives him. He is able to gain a lot of followers due to his endearing personality that people are attracted to.

I am of course only making assumptions, but I feel that him being an enhancer makes the most sense due to the nature of how Togashi creates deliberate parallels between both Gyro and Gon.

There is a question I find more important though... Why has Togashi chosen to hide his appearance?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What if Gyro HAS no nen type?
But if he is he is likely a manipulator.

I imagine Gyro is actually very weak himself. But he'll likely be able to control armies of people at a time.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
What if Gyro HAS no nen type?
But if he is he is likely a manipulator.

I imagine Gyro is actually very weak himself. But he'll likely be able to control armies of people at a time.
Well it's never been explicitly stated that Gyro controlled people, nor that he manipulated anyone. More so that he is skilled at leading people and making them want to follow him. Which is why I proposed the idea of him being an Enhancer. Manipulation doesn't fit thematically in my opinion, enhancement would make the final parallel between him and Gon.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it's never been explicitly stated that Gyro controlled people, nor that he manipulated anyone. More so that he is skilled at leading people and making them want to follow him. Which is why I proposed the idea of him being an Enhancer. Manipulation doesn't fit thematically in my opinion, enhancement would make the final parallel between him and Gon.
What you mean? How that would even be possible?
Personality wise Gyro doesn't fit with an enhancer. Determined yes. But simple? You're calling the guy who disguised an entire country of illegal narcotics into a green house as simple? Gyro is not simple. A manipulator personality fits much better as I think Neveah already explained. If you want Gyro to just be a natural
born leader than I think a specialist works better too. But I think manipulator works best. Just cause it likely be Gon vs Gyro doesns't mean they'll be the
same nen type. Actually I think it would make more sense for them to be different nen types considering how their personalities seem rather different
despite having similar upbringings. Plus I don't see Gyro being all that tough of an opponent himself. I think the danger of Gyro is of him being a ringleader.
You have to get past his minions first. An enhancer being the most balanced fighter would seem to make Gyro a strornger fighter himself. I rather not have
Gyro be someone Gon can just duke it out with. I want Gyro to be a cheap bastard that uses every kind of dirty trick to stop Gon from ruining his plans.
I think such a villain would be the most difficult for Gon, being an enhancer since he is simple and determined and would likely get caught in such traps.

how would it be possible?

He just wouldn't have any nen powers. Obviously this would make him weak as a fighter. But again the danger are his minions as seen in NGL.
Of course they stood no chance against Chimera Ants. But now that Gyro is a Chimera Ant himself he at least has Chimera Ant power.
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
specialisation
 
Top