What is your name? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What is your name?

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Name's Hillary.

I prefer Naomi since it's what I'm used to online, but you're certainly welcome to use either one.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My name is Claire. It's funny because my mom chose it but can't pronounce it. :XD Doesn't matter much anyway since she calls me by my Japanese name.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Chitra is a good name. A great Indian singer is named Chitra, though I think she's fat. :x

Gabrielle is a good name as well.

Name's Milap. Ex-friend called me Milly years ago, or still-friend that I met on Maplestory that I rarely talk to, and the name's been used by them. Haven't used that name for a while until eni and Winty wanted to use a cute name to call me by. Milly was reborn, and yeah. Milap means "together" in Hindi or something, I was named by my mom. She was that happy to have a son, and I guess so was my dad. If you have me on Facebook, you'll know where MJ in M3J comes from.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm another David.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think we should ban all people whose first name begins with David.

Blame Kait.

:teehee

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, they have hero complexes :teehee

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yep, they have hero complexes :teehee
David \d(a)-vid\ as a boy's name is pronounced DAY-vid. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of David is "beloved". Biblical: one of the most remarkable personalities in the Scriptures. David was a shepherd, musician, poet, soldier, statesman, prophet, and king. He wrote about half of the Psalms and very likely composed music for them as well. He is the only David mentioned in the Bible; his name occurs there more than a thousand times. Today there are variants of the name in almost every language group. Saint David (sixth century) is the patron saint of Wales. In Scotland, David was a royal name. See also Dawson and Davion. Explorer David Livingstone; actors David Niven, David Arquette, David Duchovny, David Schwimmer; baseball celebrity Dave Winfield; TV host David Letterman; musician David Bowie; soccer player David Beckham.

David has 21 variant forms: Daffy, Daffyd, Dafydd, Dai, Dave, Davey, Davi, Davidde, Davide, Davidson, Davie, Daviel, Davies, Davin, Davis, Daven, Davon, Davy, Davyd, Davydd and Davyn.

Watch it, bob :police

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The name is Gary. I'm a Jr., and initially my parents were going to flip-flop my Dad's first name and middle name (Gary Wayne) into (Wayne Gary), but decided to make me a Jr. at the last second.

It's derived from Germanic (gar = spear) and somehow adding a "y" to the end of it makes it's meaning "spear bearer". It's also an acceptable Anglicized spelling of the Gaelic name "Garaidh", which is pronounced the same way.

The name was relatively rare until the old Hollywood star Gary Cooper became popular (who's real name was Frank, but changed it to the name of his agent's hometown - Gary, Indiana...which is also the hometown of Michael Jackson...coincidentally my brother's name is Michael :XD ) .

So yeah...it's pretty GAR :gar

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Reactions: xi0

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
My name is Riku.

It originates from Rikhard (=Richard), Rickard, Grigori and Gregori (=Gregorius). Richard derives from German, French, and English "ric" (ruler, leader, king) and "hard" (strong, brave, court), therefore it means 'powerful leader' as well as 'King's Court'. Gregorios comes from Greece and originates from the word meaning "alert".

So I am an alert powerfull ruler. Or so wikipedia claims.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The name is Gary. I'm a Jr., and initially my parents were going to flip-flop my Dad's first name and middle name (Gary Wayne) into (Wayne Gary), but decided to make me a Jr. at the last second.

It's derived from Germanic (gar = spear) and somehow adding a "y" to the end of it makes it's meaning "spear bearer". It's also an acceptable Anglicized spelling of the Gaelic name "Garaidh", which is pronounced the same way.

The name was relatively rare until the old Hollywood star Gary Cooper became popular (who's real name was Frank, but changed it to the name of his agent's hometown - Gary, Indiana...which is also the hometown of Michael Jackson...coincidentally my brother's name is Michael :XD ) .

So yeah...it's pretty GAR :gar
Oh yeah, forgot to add that most people from non-English speaking countries tend to associate the name with the character from SpongeBob, or Gary Oak from Pokemon.....:fail

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Oh yeah, forgot to add that most people from non-English speaking countries tend to associate the name with the character from SpongeBob, or Gary Oak from Pokemon.....:fail

:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp

Nanoi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The awkward moment when my Youtube alias'/persona's first name is actually David/Davide. ROFLMAO.

Last edited:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Screw Wikipedia. Type your name into Urban Dictionary.

hillary
a beautiful girl that is very attractive to all boys, girls hate on her. she has the best outfits and she loves to flirt..hates havin a boyfriend because she cant keep up with them..shes a type of girl that loves PURPLE..can't help but to love herself no matter what mistakes she makes..she has a bestfriend that she always with threw her ups and downs...thats what you call a HILLARY..DUHH

girl: hillary thinx shes all that

guy: she is very beatiful i lyke her

girl: why wat do u see in her??

dude: i mean wat more can a guy say she a HILLARY..

Hillary
Woman wise beyond her years. Experienced, witty, sexual, hilarious. Seems standoff-ish at first because she knows the best way to keep a man interested is to ignore them. This could continue indefinatly. Doesn't care what the general population thinks of her because frankly, she's better than most of us anyway.

Guy #1: Dude, is she looking over here yet?

Guy #2: No dude, she's still not looking.

Guy #1: Well tell me when she looking okay..

Guy #2: Why don't you just make a play for her friend? She's still not looking and she's not gonna. She's being a total Hillary.

Gary
A man who is incredibly sexy, but also funny. He tends to be a girl's dream guy. He's also really good in bed.

He is such a gary in bed.

:teehee

Gary
An amazing,sweet,intelligent boyfriend.one who is always there for one and puts up with one when one is crabby.Gary is a hard worker. Gary knows that good things in life don't come for free.Gary has many goals that he would like to achieve. Gary doesn't let anything get to him.Gary is a fighter but also a lover.

Gary
The snail pet of the Sponge bob square pants. Gary is the underwater equivilant of a cat.

Oh no! Gary is missing!

David
A formidable foe to normal people. intelligent, strong forceful. a weird hybrid of a bully and a nerd. As well as the first dictator of the America and king of the new peaceful world. Also known as Timebomb and various other variations including at least TB.

I am David. All other David's fall in march as we conquer the world. For a new Earth of peace void of general stupidity.

David
One who is a BAD ASS MOTHA FUCKA. This person is often very good looking and usually quite daring. This person also enjoys a nice glass of scotch, and most closely compared to the badass McLovin.

"You are such a David for banging my mom and sister!"
"Only David could have raped Goliath."

Kevin
An amazing guy who is so funny, and wonderful. Someone who can brighten anyone's day no matter how sad they are. He's sweet, and handsome. He can be sarcastic but he gets it from me, well some of it. He gets scared of nonscary things, and he has an amazing sense of style with wicked hair to accompany it. His smile is adorable, and his laugh is too. He smells like heaven, even though I don't know the exact name of the cologne he uses. I can pretty much say that I'm in love with this guy, entirely. His name means more to me than it would to anyone else, and I'm pretty sure of that.

Wow, Kevin is such a great guy.

Kevin
someone who has probably porked your mom

Dude,that kevin is all over your mom

Most of the Kevins were a little inappropriate to post. :toc

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah we've done that on Skype before and I recall the Gary ones...

...the coincidences are uncanny...screw astrology :hee

:derp

Nanoi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Gary one sounds sexy.

Reactions: xi0

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Let's see what we get for Bob....

Some of my faves:

Bob

1. A name that people name imaginary people, or call themselves. They think it is the funniest thing ever, when it is actually just stupid. These people should not be encouraged. They should be stabbed in the eye instead.
Person 1 (giggly and laughy): Hey, my name is Bob.
Person 2: *sets Person 1 on fire*

2. A builder who can fix it.

3. Can also be used as suggestive eyebrows.

:gwah

noVaLue

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
That web site's funny, even the explanation is close to the reality.
Iulian

A boy who has a warm smile and the kindest eyes, paired with a big heart. He can be a little awkward with his wording, but he's still the best guy there will ever be.
Person 1: Man he's so nice. He does anything for his girl.
Person 2: He's such a Iulian!

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Hillary... errr... Naomi ... UGH Gotta get used to it xD

When I saw that you had searched my named on Urban Dictionary I was scared which definition you were going to post because almost ALL of the Kevin definitions are dirty xD