Language What Languages do you know?

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
well, apart from my english my french sucks. even worse is my japanese. i managed to buy studying DVD's and books for both languages this year. i will get on getting better soon.

of course this is what happens when almost everyone you speak to speaks english :crying
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I could say that french and english have similar words but it is very hard for them to learn french because there is a lot of grammar rule. Btw, are you american and do you only speak english?
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i speak english and a little bit of the languages i listed above (studied-- of course).
 

Ju

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
here is my list :) :

German (mothertongue)
English(advanced)
Russian(a bit, can understand far more than i can speak :D )
Japanese(learning it atm)

and also swear words in other various languages :smile-big
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
English (fluent)
Chinese (spoken, not written and cannot read most)
Italian (my first year of learning it)

Italian is pretty fun if you got the articles and grammar stuff down, but I always mess up the order of words in the sentence.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
rankgain said:
English (fluent)
Chinese (spoken, not written and cannot read most)
Italian (my first year of learning it)

Italian is pretty fun if you got the articles and grammar stuff down, but I always mess up the order of words in the sentence.
In italian the order of words is pretty logical and english reader have only to remember the adjecitives don't go before nouns.
 

AreoXIII

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
English,Spanish and I'm learning Japanese. :)
 

Natan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
kadodo said:
I suely want to learn more, my top two choices are japanese and portuguese.
Somebody interested in learn portuguese this is rare, Now I'm curious you have some kind of reason or you like the language?

PS: Brazilian portuguese are bettter, more simple to speak because the language are simplified and phonetically are beautiful to listen =)
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Luckas said:
In italian the order of words is pretty logical and english reader have only to remember the adjecitives don't go before nouns.
Yeah, I know, but I always mess up on the exceptions (bravo, corto, vecchio, stesso, etc.) that goes before the nouns. Need to work on those. Another thing is that saying "I'm hungry" is "Ho fame", I always think "I'm hungry" and write "Io fame" instead of "Ho fame" (Have hunger) =/ Kinda different from English I guess.
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
German (native language)
English (fluently)
i can read/understand Latin
and i had french at school, bu i suck at it as i never paid much attention XD
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rankgain said:
Yeah, I know, but I always mess up on the exceptions (bravo, corto, vecchio, stesso, etc.) that goes before the nouns. Need to work on those. Another thing is that saying "I'm hungry" is "Ho fame", I always think "I'm hungry" and write "Io fame" instead of "Ho fame" (Have hunger) =/ Kinda different from English I guess.
I think it's the same thing in Spanish, but I'm not sure cuz this is my first year. In Spanish it's "Tengo hambre" [I have hunger] rather than "Soy hambre." [I am hunger] which doesn't make much sense if you think about it.
Spanish and Portugese are a kinda similar, i guess... right?
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, I've also noticed from my friends learning Spanish that it is really alike.

P.S. The stuff I wrote is Italian, not Portugese. :)
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I fluent at English and I know Filipino but it has gone kinda bad since I haven't been using it much. Some basic Spanish. I'm studying it right now. and I want to learn japanese. (I'm trying to!)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
rankgain said:
Yeah, I know, but I always mess up on the exceptions (bravo, corto, vecchio, stesso, etc.) that goes before the nouns. Need to work on those. Another thing is that saying "I'm hungry" is "Ho fame", I always think "I'm hungry" and write "Io fame" instead of "Ho fame" (Have hunger) =/ Kinda different from English I guess.
In italian often the subject of the sentence isn't written, so for me it is the opposite often I forgot to put the subject when I write in english.
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Luckas said:
In italian often the subject of the sentence isn't written, so for me it is the opposite often I forgot to put the subject when I write in english.
Lol, it isn't that I forget the subject. I use the subject when it isn't necessary. Such as "Io volo", when I can just say volo.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
rankgain said:
Lol, it isn't that I forget the subject. I use the subject when it isn't necessary. Such as "Io volo", when I can just say volo.
That isn't an error, sometimes it sounds wierd other no. However I think italian is a language difficult to learn, but with effort and time everyone can learn it.
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, my teacher said that only the articles, essere, and avere are hard and the rest is just vocab. I just need to study more. =/
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Are you studying italian in school?
 

user23801

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
i speak:
ENGLISH!
HEBREW!
ROMANIAN!
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Luckas said:
Are you studying italian in school?
Yeah, I need like two years of a foreign language.
 
Top