Cleaning what plugin that usually Manga Editor use for cleaning?

sh1no

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I just want to ask, what plugins that Manga Editor usually use for cleaning?
other than topaz and Neat image~ thanks:tem
 

progste

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I just use the photoshop reduce noise filter, but in my opinion the less filter you're able to use, the better it is
 

MrKira444

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Yeah, that's right. If you want to make a HQ Edited Manga, you don't need plugins too much.

Besides, if you are a fast-scan group, you should try Topaz Denoise, Topaz Clean or Topaz Vivacity, and Neat Image.

However, those plugins will make the raw look distortioned.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yeah, that's right. If you want to make a HQ Edited Manga, you don't need plugins too much.

Besides, if you are a fast-scan group, you should try Topaz Denoise, Topaz Clean or Topaz Vivacity, and Neat Image.

However, those plugins will make the raw look distortioned.
I can get pretty good results (I hope Vicissitude doesn't hear me though) with Topaz Denoise, Neat Image and Topaz Clean. You just need to know how to use them the right way.

For example:

And also, use those filters only for magazine raws. With volume raws, you'll just get a blurry mess.
 
Last edited:

Name-Undecided

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
91
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You get a blurry mess with magazine raws too. The only reason people think this is acceptable (it's not) is because magazine raws are usually pretty hideous to begin with.
 

MrKira444

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
And also, use those filters only for magazine raws. With volume raws, you'll just get a blurry mess.
Of course, if you use a plugin for cleaning a volume raw, which is already leveled, you'll get a very sad result.

But please don't misunderstand me, I just said that if you use your brain, you can get a perfect cleaning without using any denoiser. But if you make a speed Edited Manga, obviously you have to make it with plugins.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
(I hope Vicissitude doesn't hear me though)
Oh, it just turned into a bad day to be you, Unok. >D

And no, you don't need ANY plugins or filters of any sort, per se. But if you're not doing HQ work, you're free to use whatever you want to clean the page. Whether or not it actually looks good, on the other hand...
 

sh1no

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
hoho~
@All
thank you for your replies ^^

"BTW i lost all of my cleaning action coz my computer infected by a Win32/sality virus =_=', so i have to start it from scratch again T.T"
 
Last edited:

elajnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I am still new at cleaning raw mangas. I am trying to explore these things 'cause I find it very interesting! I use Photoshop cs3, topaz's denoise and clean. but I read that these plug-ins are not a good choice for editing... hmmm. gotta learn more
 
Last edited:

Name-Undecided

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
91
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
At least in the learning stages, try to clean without depending on filters. Learning to use Photoshop tools properly will give you more mileage than just smashing everything with the filter hammer. Even veterans end up abusing them, how much more newbies? Once you have more experience and can tell when and how they should be used for best effect (even then I don't like them, but whatever), then you can experiment with different filters.
 
Top