What type of ability does Monet have?

Which ability does Monet have?


  • Total voters
    45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Page356

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
144
Reaction score
32
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Most of us agree Monet has a DF, though there are still some argue that she does not. What ability, DF or otherwise do you believe Monet has and why?

I vote Mythic Zoan. This seems the most obvious answer to me, as it would explain why she has animal limbs and would also explain her snow hut ability in my opinion.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It is a DF for sure, though she can be a mythic zoan based on the harpy thing plus the mix of snow, but lets not rule out pure logia as well. She might have been some weird creature, I mean in OP we have giants, so why not harpies? Animals/animal-human things eat DFs a lot in OP. So a harpy that ate a logia, also possible. Her character is so complex and her ability as well, that I just can't choose. :XD
 

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Snow, probably snow DF. She tailed Law in snow (perfect camouflage). She made an IGLUUUU! I'm not sure if the harpy part is also part of it, or if it's a snow logia, but...
 

Zoronoa Roro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
she is not harpy becouse it was shown her human form so she can only be harpy zoan.

@0Xellos she didnt made igloo she made some kind of special wall and someone suggested that was igloo becouse technique was named kamakura wich is a name of the city in japan and that there is some kind of winter festival where they make snow huts similar to igloo. she flew when she was spying on law.

its been shown that her wings become liquid and it would make much more sense that her power is related to concrete since concrete transits from liquid to hard aggregate state over course of time...

Edit:
and as my second argument i will use Aokiji becouse ice and snow are two same things
 
Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
She has de copi copi no mi fruit, which make her be able to create a copi of any object previously touched/scanned by her. The ability includes the possibility to transform her own body in an object previously scanned, (that way she could follow Law with out been noticed). And she can transform parts of her body, which explain current talons and wings...
 
Last edited:

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was hoping she had a harpy fruit, but last chapter makes me think it'd be a snow paramecia. Who knows though......I still can't figure out Kinemon's DF ability.
 

pseudorca

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
128
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
snowy owl (i.e. harry potter's hedwig) zoan, perhaps?
 

hoeru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
705
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mauritius
Whatever it is, Oda made a huge secret out of it. First, he introduces her as bird human "Harpy". Then he shows her in a flashback to have a human body, while summarizing that Law modified the bodies of Boss' men. And then he came up with her having DF powers even before showing that she really has them. (Yeah, I just wasted your time. :P)

I still think though that she has a Mythical Bird Zoan like Marco. But I'd be open if she turns out to have a standard bird Zoan and a snow Paramecia, too.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
She has de copi copi no mi fruit, which make her be able to create a copi of any object previously touched/scanned by her. The ability includes the possibility to transform her own body in an object previously scanned, (that way she could follow Law with out been noticed). And she can transform parts of her body, which explain current talons and wings...
Hardly. Copy Copy is already given to the Chameleon character which name escapes my memory right now.

I'll go with the Snow one.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Whatever it is, Oda made a huge secret out of it. First, he introduces her as bird human "Harpy". Then he shows her in a flashback to have a human body, while summarizing that Law modified the bodies of Boss' men. And then he came up with her having DF powers even before showing that she really has them. (Yeah, I just wasted your time. :P)

I still think though that she has a Mythical Bird Zoan like Marco. But I'd be open if she turns out to have a standard bird Zoan and a snow Paramecia, too.

I think that's an " easy " explanation considering CC talk about her following Law in another " form " or something along the lines, what CC said back then was pretty curious, if he really meant that Monet was following him then yeah, she must have something different from what you said, but if what CC said was just somehow just a metaphor, then yeah possible that she's a Mythical Bird Zoan or Paramecia, but I doubt she's a Logia
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, so far it does not seem like mone can shift between animal and human forms so she hardly seems to be a zoan type of animal. At least her usual potential hybrid form would be a tad inconvenient for day to day life so I would lean towards the form being artificial rather than DF related. Remember the lion guy from big mom's crew? So far I would think he is a beast man of sorts with a turtle DF which is meant for him to have a lion turtle theme (that is an actual mythical creature). The situation is similar, a half bird woman with a fruit so as to have a mythical animal theme. As far as I can tell she is using a snow paramecia. With a snow paramecia and a weird artificial bird body of sorts she has the theme of a mythical snow/ice bird which I think is rather common in different mythologies although I can't quite place one.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I figured that Monet's ability was that of a Zoan due to her wings, but then she made that wall, so I'm stumped. Incidentally, how can there be a snow logia user when there's already someone with that kind of power?
 

Anduren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
575
Reaction score
376
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's simple....Monet has the Articuno mythical bird fruit :teehee

On a more serious note, I like kkck's explanation. There hasn't been much of a serious explanation yet for things like Bepo, Pappug (and Pandaman???) and all kinds of weird things are supposed to exist in the New World too.

If its all from a devil fruit, I suppose it could also be something like a snowman fruit (a paramacia that can change into different forms made out of snow).
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Logia and Paramecia cannot be. There's physic body as a bird and it flight in different enviroments as volcanos or icebergs.

A name of attack that is made of snow doesn't make her a snow bird. She indeed is a Zoan, who can remodelate her parts like wings, legs or tail. Also has the liquid after her attack on the wing's edge.

It might be a bird that puke to do its nest and made it strong, and is expelled from the wings.
 

hyper_megaman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
581
Reaction score
89
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Hardly. Copy Copy is already given to the Chameleon character which name escapes my memory right now.

I'll go with the Snow one.
bon clay?


why does everyone say it's snow? all i could see was a hard lump, it oculd have been mud or stone for all we know

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

ok just read the mangastream version, it translated kamakura
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I figured that Monet's ability was that of a Zoan due to her wings, but then she made that wall, so I'm stumped. Incidentally, how can there be a snow logia user when there's already someone with that kind of power?
Well, there would be a difference between aokiji, being made of actual ice, and a snow user paramecia, who would simply be able to make snow and ice appear. Admittedly there are perhaps too many common points though.
 

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
well i must have to say i am not so sure we can actually say monet has mythical zoan because just the appearence of her. since the ability to create barriers has nothing to do with harpy myth. and although oda usually names DF attacks by their respective types there are some that doesnt fall to that category. like nico robin her hana-hana no mi has nothing to do with actual flowers but a characteristic of flowers of sprouting. this could be the case for monet. where her fruit gives her the ability to create barriers (or maybe even attacking options) depending on the enviroment. like snow country - a snow hut.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It's simple....Monet has the Articuno mythical bird fruit :teehee

On a more serious note, I like kkck's explanation. There hasn't been much of a serious explanation yet for things like Bepo, Pappug (and Pandaman???) and all kinds of weird things are supposed to exist in the New World too.

If its all from a devil fruit, I suppose it could also be something like a snowman fruit (a paramacia that can change into different forms made out of snow).
Articuno was actually what I had in mind here. I tried to find a mythical bird which would fit but the ones linked to articuno seemed hard to pronounce and hard to put into context (and I was too lazy to read the entire wikipedia entry).
 

hyper_megaman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
581
Reaction score
89
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Articuno was actually what I had in mind here. I tried to find a mythical bird which would fit but the ones linked to articuno seemed hard to pronounce and hard to put into context (and I was too lazy to read the entire wikipedia entry).
poke poke no mi?

she can turn into the 3 legendary birds, but didn't do zapdos because she knew luffy was rubber, and didn't do moltres because she was a kind woman who knew about ace (a fire blast wouldn't have protected CC the way snow did anyway)
 

Zoronoa Roro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
me to dont understand why everyone insisting that she has anything with snow, why and how snow wall could be any more special that you need to be super strong to break it..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top