Discussion What would you change about PoT1

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, who do you think is second best then?
Some choices:
-Silver Pair
-Niou / Yagyuu
-other random Rikkai Pair
Best: Inui/Renji(I mean, C'MOOON!)
Second best: Golden Pair
Third best: Niou/Yagyuu
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I knew I had forgotten someone important.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Inui/Yanagi awesomeness. They are too awesome-o...U17 double pair anyone?

Yanagi and Kirihara is also pretty good, but Inui/Yanagi means they both have data and can work in harmony without too much work whilst Kirihara needs controlling.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well Inui/Yanagi are an undefeated pair. Had the two of them gone to the same school, they would probably have continued as the best doubles team in the league.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Inui/Yanagi awesomeness. They are too awesome-o...U17 double pair anyone?

Yanagi and Kirihara is also pretty good, but Inui/Yanagi means they both have data and can work in harmony without too much work whilst Kirihara needs controlling.
Yeah, always confused me with everyone saying Inui is a singles player...yet all he played was doubles...

Either way, I think Inui is far underrated on this forum. I think he's actually at Renji's level (physically, mentally I think he's just a tad bit below). He just got beaten up by Kirihara since his data wasn't "complete" on him. Renji had "complete" data and therefore stomped Kirihara.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yanagi is far better mentally - Inui was struck down the moment Yanagi said, "Do you think the data of I, Yanagi Renji, can be so easily collected" - I never had the impression Yanagi was physically good, doesn't look it. Inui isn't as good as Yanagi - though he did win.

I don't think Inui would've done anything if he had data on Kirihara, there was still Yanagi.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yanagi is far better mentally - Inui was struck down the moment Yanagi said, "Do you think the data of I, Yanagi Renji, can be so easily collected" - I never had the impression Yanagi was physically good, doesn't look it. Inui isn't as good as Yanagi - though he did win.

I don't think Inui would've done anything if he had data on Kirihara, there was still Yanagi.
True, he may not have the same confidence as Renji but I think his ability to gather data and use it is around Renji's level. I should have said his data gathering abilities. I was just lazy. :)

Mmm, I was more saying that if Inui had to play 1v1 against Kirihara, I think Inui would win. Now Inui would need as much time as Renji to observe Kirihara to get this win but I think he is definitely capable of it.

I just used the Inui/Kaidoh vs Renji/Kirihara match as an example of when Inui got pounded by Kirihara.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Woah woah, Inui would not beat Kirihara. Why do you think Renji is so good? His data is better than Inui, and so is his skill. Not anybody can just completely dominate a devil mode knuckle serve. That goes beyond just data.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thing with Inui his data can have some mistakes - like V Renji first time, V Shishido/Ootori, V Kirihara/Renji. Renji's data hasn't really been wrong (yet?) plus his memory capacity far outstrips Inui - he doesn't need a book. I highly doubt data can contain a devil though.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thing with Inui his data can have some mistakes - like V Renji first time, V Shishido/Ootori, V Kirihara/Renji. Renji's data hasn't really been wrong (yet?) plus his memory capacity far outstrips Inui - he doesn't need a book. I highly doubt data can contain a devil though.
Of course you need the strength and skill to incorporate that data but I still think physically (strength/speed) Inui and Renji are not that different. Skill wise, I'm not sure.

Now I know most of you don't think Inui should have won the in the Kanto finals but he did. During that match, Renji and Inui had equal levels of data and went to a tie break. Therefore, I think their skill and physically prowess can't be that different. Given equal data.

However, it is quite possible that Renji increased his speed, strength, and over all skill a lot between then and U-17. If Renji did, then Inui would get waffle stomped by Kirihara.

Now while Inui tends to have his data fail on him all the time.
I swear this kid needs to learn calculus level statistics so he can predict how much a person can improve during a match.
I still think that his data is very good. The more time he has the more he understands his opponent. Had he been with Kirihara since 2nd year I think his data would be complete enough to beat him.

Also, I didn't say he would dominate Kirihara. I just said that he could beat him. How close the match is who knows?

The main difference between Inui and Renji to me is the rate at which they gain data on their opponents. Renji beats Inui hands down in terms of speed so...like x^3, where as Inui would be like x. However, Renji stops at a certain point at gathering data where as Inui never does. I think this is what allowed Inui to "trick" Renji in their match.

So...

Renji - 3x | x < 99
Inui = x | x < 100

To put things in uber geeky math equations.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Inui is David Xanatos while Renji is Batman.

Renji's plans NEVER go wrong, and he's a badass to boot. He is just that good.
Example:
Kirihara match. He not only read him completely, and knew his weaknesses, but he was also was good enough physically, and just outright badass to send him straight to hell.

We can compare that to:
Batman vs Superman.
To quote my favorite American comic ever, that had a Batman v Superman fight...

"I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you..."
Inui's plans go wrong, a lot. But sometimes, that's okay. Because losing is part of his plan.
That's the art of being like David Xanatos. It's when even losing makes you win. Inui vs Renji is the best example of that. Renji was overconfident and careless.

He let himself become emotionally connected to that match because he thought that everything was going according to plan. But letting everything going according to plan was Inui's plan. Letting Renji win in order to make him drop his guard was his plan. That's what makes him awesome.

We can compare that to:
Every single Gargoyles' episode ever.

So, to summarize:
Renji=

"I'm the goddamn Batman.
Inui=

He's smiling because he won ten minutes ago and you haven't noticed yet.

Both of them playing together=Awesome.
 
Last edited:

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Inui is David Xanatos while Renji is Batman.

Renji's plans NEVER go wrong, and he's a badass to boot. He is just that good.
Example:
Kirihara match. He not only read him completely, and knew his weaknesses, but he was also was good enough physically, and just outright badass to send him straight to hell.

We can compare that to:
Batman vs Superman.
To quote my favorite American comic ever, that had a Batman v Superman fight...

Inui's plans go wrong, a lot. But sometimes, that's okay. Because losing is part of his plan.
That's the art of being like David Xanatos. It's when even losing makes you win. Inui vs Renji is the best example of that. Renji was overconfident and careless.

He let himself become emotionally connected to that match because he thought that everything was going according to plan. But letting everything going according to plan was Inui's plan. Letting Renji win in order to make him drop his guard was his plan. That's what makes him awesome.

We can compare that to:
Every single Gargoyles' episode ever.

Both of them playing together=Awesome.
I totally agree with your comparison on Inui and Renji but...

As cool as Renji is...he is no Batman. I'm sorry but even in Tennis Batman vs Renji. Batman will still win. He's just that good. I quote you from the Naruto side forums Shikimaru + time = Batman. I don't think Renji is as smart as Shika or Batman. I MEAN HE'S FREAKING BATMAN. CAN YOU BREATH IN SPACE???? :p
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I totally agree with your comparison on Inui and Renji but...

As cool as Renji is...he is no Batman. I'm sorry but even in Tennis Batman vs Renji. Batman will still win. He's just that good. I quote you from the Naruto side forums Shikimaru + time = Batman. I don't think Renji is as smart as Shika or Batman. I MEAN HE'S FREAKING BATMAN. CAN YOU BREATH IN SPACE???? :p
That's a good point, I'm not sure Renji can breath in space...BUT CAN YOU PROVE HE CAN'T?

Oh, but I agree, even in tennis, Batman would still beat Renji.
Xanatos would lose to Renji, but that's fine, because it was all part of his plan.

Renji is probably Nightwing level though.
Who is Batman...For now.

So yeah, I maintain that Renji is definitely a Batman level character.
Just not Bruce Wayne Batman level. Dick Grayson Batman level for sure though haha
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's a good point, I'm not sure Renji can breath in space...BUT CAN YOU PROVE HE CAN'T?

Oh, but I agree, even in tennis, Batman would still beat Renji.
Xanatos would lose to Renji, but that's fine, because it was all part of his plan.

Renji is probably Nightwing level though.
Who is Batman...For now.

So yeah, I maintain that Renji is definitely a Batman level character.
Just not Bruce Wayne Batman level. Dick Grayson Batman level for sure though haha
Off Topic...

Hey I said nothing about Renji breathing in space...I SAID CAN YOU BREATH IN SPACE. :p

completely agree. :p Bruce Wayne Batman Pwns ALL!

On topic...

Yeah, wants Renji/Inui to pull a Yagyuu/Nioh where they switch halfway through the match. :p
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey I said nothing about Renji breathing in space...I SAID CAN YOU BREATH IN SPACE. :p

completely agree. :p Bruce Wayne Batman Pwns ALL!
Of course I can breath in space. I have played golf in space with Batman a few times.

Yeah, I wonder how long he is going to take before he comes back...But we are getting off topic haha. Let's stop or else Atobe is going to get mad.

So on-topic, Inui is much less skilled physically, and his data is slightly worse than Renji, but his planning is Xanatos-level.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Of course I can breath in space. I have played golf in space with Batman a few times.

Yeah, I wonder how long he is going to take before he comes back...But we are getting off topic haha. Let's stop or else Atobe is going to get mad.

So on-topic, Inui is much less skilled physically, and his data is slightly worse than Renji, but his planning is Xanatos-level.
I agree with everything but the physical...I think he's close. I don't think he's that much worse physically just thanks to their tie break but hey its not that important.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
He just can't be that much worse physically, that insane training taken into consideration. It's not that he is slow or anything, I just think his technique is abit worse (I just rewatched the match and seeing that, Inui can't be worse physically, he just can't)
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yanagi doesn't sweat as much...and he had his jersey on!

Perhaps more so in the Kanto match, but in the last match in the double 2 one, definately not, since Kirihara was doing all the job. I think physically, possible Inui but...

Inui has waterfall- so what, Yanagi pwned that.
Inui has data - Yanagi pwns that too.
Yanagi has Kamitachi - did Inui return that?
Yanagi has Cicada - did Inui return that too?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yanagi doesn't sweat as much...and he had his jersey on!

Perhaps more so in the Kanto match, but in the last match in the double 2 one, definately not, since Kirihara was doing all the job. I think physically, possible Inui but...

Inui has waterfall- so what, Yanagi pwned that.
Inui has data - Yanagi pwns that too.
Yanagi has Kamitachi - did Inui return that?
Yanagi has Cicada - did Inui return that too?
But Inui has XANATOS GAMBITS. Which worked on their first match, and probably would have in their second, had him not fainted.
 
Top