what would you rate this? (LQ-HQ)

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
And please tell me what you think SHOULD be improved to make it HQ (if you think it isn't HQ)

 

Assymilum

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
602
Reaction score
70
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
It's HQ enough. Though you might want to get rid of the speckle on the left side of panel 2's SFX, and also the speckle on panel 4's bubble. I guess that's it.

Really, really nice. :ossu
 

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Had someone from bleach7 in my channel and he pointed those 2 out as well, and some more things so I fixed them, this is the result:


Also thanks for the quick reply hun :)
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Well it's a tank raw... so anything less than an HQ scan out of that and you should re-consider cleaning pages.
 

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
<_<

Correction it's a GOOD tank raw, there's thousands of tank raws out there that look like crap, all I'm asking for is how the quality is, so that I know whether it's alright or that I need to clean some more

Anyhow, thanks for your lousy comment
 

Digitalr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
106
Reaction score
44
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think you forgot to replace the greys. Ah I couldn't resist.

But err, the HQ tag is not defined by just the clean if you ask me and lots of people have their own view on things, like... Bad TL + awesome clean = HQ ? good TL + terrible clean = HQ? SFX to english y/n = HQ? Bad TL + good clean + awesome TS = HQ? Good TL + Terrible proofread + awesome clean + Terrible TS = HQ? Black 0 0 0 and white 255 255 255 = HQ? and we can go on for a while. So we've to know what YOUR HQ is, what typesetting style you use, of course I know what you mean. I'm just saying HQ's something personal.


And it looks like there's dust between panel 1 and 2, in panel 4 on the right it might be dust too, you might've slightly overlevelled... To know that we need to see the raw.
 

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aside from the text you brushed out, it looks like the whites were #fefefe. Also there's some minimal jpg compression. It's basically impossible to notice unless you have crazy good eyes or just looking at the monitor at a weird angle. It's easy to see when you level the black all the way over:

Fixing those would only take an extra 5 or so on white (that's on the already leveled version though so it would be less from the raw, depending on how much leveling had to be done in the first place).
 
Top