Whats Up With the Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill4364

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What is up with hunter x hunter always being on hiatus??? Can't say I care enough try to go look for this answer myself but maybe some of you know the story.

Is the author just lazy, or does he just love to party so he puts out some chapters for a bit then relaxes until he is low on cash, or does he have other manga projects that he works on instead??? Or is it never mentioned why and it is just a deal with it scenario?

Edit: well obviously it is a deal with it scenario either way I'm just wondering if there was ever an explanation given??
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What is up with hunter x hunter always being on hiatus??? Can't say I care enough try to go look for this answer myself but maybe some of you know the story.

Is the author just lazy, or does he just love to party so he puts out some chapters for a bit then relaxes until he is low on cash, or does he have other manga projects that he works on instead??? Or is it never mentioned why and it is just a deal with it scenario?

Edit: well obviously it is a deal with it scenario either way I'm just wondering if there was ever an explanation given??
I've heard that when he was working on YuYu Hakusho he collapsed because he would only get about 5 hours of sleep a WEEK, which is why Togashi ended the series so abruptly. Since that incident he now has problems I believe so he takes breaks every 20-30 chapters so the same thing won't happen and HxH has a bad ending. But also he IS lazy don't get me wrong. He loves to play games preferably Dragon Quest. Which is why some of his hiatuses are a little TOO long !

PS - "or does he just love to party so he puts out some chapters for a bit then relaxes until he is low on cash" LOL Togashi doesn't run out of money, he's practically rich.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
surely it is better to wait, but having a good product... (manga). ...
I hope to redesign soon ....
 

bill4364

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was only curious as to why, I wasn't saying that it was not worth the wait :D
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What is up with hunter x hunter always being on hiatus??? Can't say I care enough try to go look for this answer myself but maybe some of you know the story.

Is the author just lazy, or does he just love to party so he puts out some chapters for a bit then relaxes until he is low on cash, or does he have other manga projects that he works on instead??? Or is it never mentioned why and it is just a deal with it scenario?

Edit: well obviously it is a deal with it scenario either way I'm just wondering if there was ever an explanation given??

Unfortunately we can only guess as the author Togashi has not appeared to have said why.
 

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anybody know when this hiatus is supposed to end.....quite frankly this one's cruel, I want to learn about Beyond Netero and go to the Dark Continent, and see Leorio fight....
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nobody really knows at this point. This hiatus hasn't been that bad for me since I have the anime to watch right now.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Anybody know when this hiatus is supposed to end.....quite frankly this one's cruel, I want to learn about Beyond Netero and go to the Dark Continent, and see Leorio fight....
Didn't someone say that Togashi needs the Phantom Rouge movie to air before he can continue the manga? Maybe I heard wrong or it was just a crack-theory.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I think it's a theory ... but I hope to redesign soon... : (
I want to review the Genei Ryodan and Kurapika ...
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All I have to say is - MARCH THIRD, 2013.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nothing to be answered here. Spam thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top